?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

From the Bunker

These are the teams Celtic could face;

Arsenal, Chelsea, Dinamo Zagreb, Dynamo Kiev, Eintracht Frankfurt, Zenit St Petersburg, Villarreal, Genk, Sevilla, Bayer Leverrkusen, Real Betis

(from the Champions League)

Inter Milan, Napoli, Valencia, Benfica

marty34

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 13, 2018, 11:35:29 PM
These are the teams Celtic could face;

Arsenal, Chelsea, Dinamo Zagreb, Dynamo Kiev, Eintracht Frankfurt, Zenit St Petersburg, Villarreal, Genk, Sevilla, Bayer Leverrkusen, Real Betis

(from the Champions League)

Inter Milan, Napoli, Valencia, Benfica

Big problem is the away form - very poor. Outclassed by a good team tonight.

themac_23

I think the way it will work will mean we are at home first leg aren't we?

Last night the atmosphere wasnt its usual electric parkhead European night, id say it was nerves. We did need brown on at HT but i think bringing Sinclair off was a mistake, prob should have hooked Rogic he was poor and at least sinclair is an out ball with his pace.

Gordon was awful, pulled off oe class save but his distribution is so bad it isn't even funny, needs addressed, we will get nowhere in europe when your keeper is one of your weak links, personally id be ringing Sean Dyche and seeing which of his 3 england keepers aren't even making the bench

ned

Quote from: themac_23 on December 14, 2018, 03:24:36 PM

Last night the atmosphere wasnt its usual electric parkhead European night, id say it was nerves. We did need brown on at HT but i think bringing Sinclair off was a mistake, prob should have hooked Rogic he was poor and at least sinclair is an out ball with his pace.

Gordon was awful, pulled off oe class save but his distribution is so bad it isn't even funny, needs addressed, we will get nowhere in europe when your keeper is one of your weak links, personally id be ringing Sean Dyche and seeing which of his 3 england keepers aren't even making the bench

Can't disagree with that. Thought taking Sinclair off disrupted the system too much but injury to Christie didn't help. Europe in the new year is pleasing though.

charlieTully

Quote from: ned on December 14, 2018, 06:08:13 PM

Can't disagree with that. Thought taking Sinclair off disrupted the system too much but injury to Christie didn't help. Europe in the new year is pleasing though.

Sinclair is rubbish. He adds nothing bar the odd tap in.

ned

Quote from: charlieTully on December 15, 2018, 02:45:14 AM

Sinclair is rubbish. He adds nothing bar the odd tap in.

Rogic was worse on the night. We were badly exposed for the first goal because no one was tracking back helping Tierney. Sinclair does that reasonably well.

marty34

Celtic were outclassed from first minute. They were very poor for 90mins. Crowd was up for it but players didn't rise, as per normal, to the occasion.

It would have been a big blow not to be in Champions Lge but even worse not qualifying  out of Europa group stages.

That's where Scottish football is - getting to Europa group stages and with luck, qualifying for the knock out stages. 

The problem is that it is getting harder and harder every year.

A new keeper (bound to be a decent keeper  out there who is available in Jan) and a right back and centre back. Need a decent pairing there as too much chopping and changing in there. A striker is also needed.  Short terms loans would do the job this season.

Get decent money for Boyota in Jan and re-invest.

illdecide

Celtic were very leggy on Thurs nite, I agree that Rogic was the worst player on the pitch, I counted 5 times in the first 25 mins were Rogic either got dispossed or got beat to the ball when he was favourite to get to it. I agree BR should have taken off Rogic first and left on Sinclair whom i'm not a big fan off either but always seems to be the scapegoat in fairness, RBS are a top team and if they get the right draw won't be too far off winning this competiition so Celtic were playing top opposition on Thurs night.

Celtic seem to be like the rabbit caught in the headlights when playing good teams, I watched KT closely on Thurs nite and he'd be one of our most consistant performers and he was heavy legged and looked knackered early on, I thought Brown done reasonably well when he came on as he could see the lack of intensitity from the dugout and it was pissing him off. As for keeper, yes he f**ked up alright but was having a good game with some very good saves. He'll not do that again but his distrubition could be better but he's still a decent keeper.

A must for Jan...
A right back
A centre back
A centre forward

Comments today state that Chrisitie did not break his leg (I was convinced he had) so that's good news but he has to go for more scans to see extent of injury...a pity as he had really lifted us up over the last 2 months
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

From the Bunker

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 16, 2018, 12:34:37 PM
Some start by Hibs!

Rangers will go top should they win today.. Steve G making a fist of it anyways
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

I swear to God, that team will put me in St Luke's...talking about inconsistancy...brutal stuff.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

themac_23

Terrible today, BR has to take a lot of blame for the tactics both goals came from long diagonal balls into the space the full back should be in, so much space it was laughable. Fair enough we had a lot of players out but the team were so so poor in every department, really need to sort something in January a few rabbits need pulled out of hats

marty34

Quote from: themac_23 on December 16, 2018, 05:23:01 PM
Terrible today, BR has to take a lot of blame for the tactics both goals came from long diagonal balls into the space the full back should be in, so much space it was laughable. Fair enough we had a lot of players out but the team were so so poor in every department, really need to sort something in January a few rabbits need pulled out of hats

I don't think it's about other teams improving or getting better this year - it's just Celtic are poorer. Dropping points away from home more regularly. Even picking up a draw away from home instead of losing would make a difference.

clarshack

quite a few of the celtic players seem mentally weak and are unable to cope away from home.
big signings needed in january or forget about the league.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 16, 2018, 02:54:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 16, 2018, 12:34:37 PM
Some start by Hibs!

Rangers will go top should they win today.. Steve G making a fist of it anyways

Satan's teams are top in both England and Scotland. Throw Brexit, Trump and neo Nazism on the rise into the mix - the end of the world  could be around the corner.