Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

yellowcard

It will boil down to the 2 games with Anderlecht as to whether they can finish 3rd and grab a Europa League spot. Some big games for the fans, Bayern and PSG will qualify comfortably, just a case of which order.

stiffler

Quote from: illdecide on August 24, 2017, 02:46:23 PM
Gonna predict our group...

B Munich
A Madrid
Anderlecht
Celtic

But will prob get
B Munich
Barcelona
Napoli
Celtic

Close
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

yellowcard

Celtic always seem to get a stinking hard draw.

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 24, 2017, 05:53:23 PM
No last 16 anyway
Of course Celtic should be winning ALL their home games, but not much hope is there that Bren can live up to those basic realistic standards? ;D

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on August 24, 2017, 06:15:06 PM

Eh? Do they? They're low-ranked and hence will always be paired with stronger teams in the other bowls. There's not many draws that could be described as doable for a side of Celtic's level.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Syferus on August 24, 2017, 06:27:26 PM

Eh? Do they? They're low ranked and hence will always be paired with stronger teams in the other bowls. There's not many draws that could be described as doable for a side of Celtic's level.

I expect Celtic would've taken 4th spot in Liverpool's group all day long and expected to have qualified from it too.

Targetman

When do they announce dates of games, Munich away looks good!

Targetman

I'll answer that myself, 18th October!!

illdecide

Fecking flights are a joke already, ripping the people off as soon as draw is made the flights doubled in price
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Targetman

Yea seen that myself, still fancy Munich away or possibly Paris, gonna get ripped off either way

Hectic

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 24, 2017, 06:52:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 24, 2017, 06:27:26 PM

Eh? Do they? They're low ranked and hence will always be paired with stronger teams in the other bowls. There's not many draws that could be described as doable for a side of Celtic's level.

I expect Celtic would've taken 4th spot in Liverpool's group all day long and expected to have qualified from it too.

Agree but look it is an absolutely brilliant draw.  Two of the best 4 teams in Europe and then a fighting chance for 3rd spot.  It has the glamour but also hope that we will see Europe beyond Christmas.  PSG and Bayern are merciless so a real danger we could be on the wrong end of one or two heavy ones but look we are not going to win this competition so may as well have the very best in the groups and see how we go.  Bring it on.

illdecide

Looks like it's not only Tony F that gets the dates wrong, apparently someone on Twitter last night put up dates for the games and 8 guys from my club booked flights to Munich based on the tweet and got for £120 return only to find out the tweet was wrong and Celtic are actually home to PSG the date they booked for Munich, to rub salt in the wounds Munich are away that week too...lol. Only i was out working last night i'd prob have got stung too...Jasus they got some stick in the club last night
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on August 25, 2017, 10:01:13 AM
Looks like it's not only Tony F that gets the dates wrong, apparently someone on Twitter last night put up dates for the games and 8 guys from my club booked flights to Munich based on the tweet and got for £120 return only to find out the tweet was wrong and Celtic are actually home to PSG the date they booked for Munich, to rub salt in the wounds Munich are away that week too...lol. Only i was out working last night i'd prob have got stung too...Jasus they got some stick in the club last night

heard this lol.  In fairness, nothing surprises me with that bunch.  They'll have a nice wee rail journey and get to see some of europe  ;D

omagh_gael

Quote from: illdecide on August 24, 2017, 10:15:33 PM
Fecking flights are a joke already, ripping the people off as soon as draw is made the flights doubled in price

In situations like this are prices hiked up in surrounding airports? For example, would it be cost effective to fly to another S German airport (or even Zurich) and hop on a train to Munich. I have heard rail fares are very reasonable in Europe.

JimStynes