Big Brother

Started by ExiledGael, May 30, 2007, 09:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

what i meant was if people dont like big brother why do they offer their opinion on a big brother themed thread??

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: tyroneboi on May 31, 2007, 12:27:42 AM
what i meant was if people dont like big brother why do they offer their opinion on a big brother themed thread??

Becasue I wanted to get other peoples opinions on the show and I also gave mine.  I dont actually plan to post regularly in this thread, as I'd probably just annoy fans of the show, but I said I'd give my opinion of the show before it really kicks off.

full back

That one with the pink hair/wig looks very like a man :-*

Quite disappointed with the totty in there this year
Them f**king twins are already annoying me

cavan4ever

That cousin of Richardsons looks like she has seen more C**k ends than weekends!!

tayto

Why do peope always slate the people who go on it, you stand to make a wedge of cash if you stay more then a couple of weeks with magazine deals and photoshoots, it's the sad tabloid world we live in but It's no tackier or vulgar then some chav getting 50k a week to play football.

Mentalman

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 30, 2007, 10:26:38 PM
Why people are interested in watching these people I dont know, especially when they normally have fucked up lives and seem to be the lowest of the low.

Think you answered your own question there GB, people watch it and think "such and such is so sad" or "such a plank" etc. and can feel better that their shabby little life conforms more readily to some sort of social norm. Also they generally find someone they identify with more, or even admire on some leve,l and actually want to see them "do well" (whatever consitutes that in this context), hence they are hooked on at least tuning in the odd night during the week. Oh and TV is pants during the summer and this is a cheap way of garnering audiences. Dross TV, but waht a money spinner!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

tayto

Hmmm i think it's much more about watching how different types of people interact with each other in a very unusual set of circumstances, like the big brother house is. how conflict arrises and is resolved and over time how relationships develop. It's all about group dynamics. It may not be everyones cup of tea but I dont undertand why some peoples feel the need to slate the thing as just cheap tosh, there's a more to it then that.

full back

I dont give a flying fcuk about conforming to social norms, resolving arguments or developing relationships. Just want to see plenty of tits etc etc etc ;)

The Gs Man

I watch Big Bro every year without fail.  It fills the void after Desperate Housewives ended last night.
Keep 'er lit

tayto

Quote from: full back on May 31, 2007, 02:19:27 PM
I dont give a flying fcuk about conforming to social norms, resolving arguments or developing relationships. Just want to see plenty of tits etc etc etc ;)

Well that to!  ;D

The Real Laoislad

New male enters the house his name is Ziggy :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Kerry Mike

G'wan ya good thing Ziggy. 
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Not me. I promise you all, it's not me!!! lol
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

First Tom, then Ziggy. Is there no end to Greencastle's male totty?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Gs Man

Hmmm......Ziggy creates a thread about not being on the internet for a while, then he only posts from his mobile.  Jaysus Ziggy you must have an arse like a wizards sleeve if you got your mobile into the house.
Keep 'er lit