EXCLUSIVE NEWS: Tyrone GAA - SoN is Back!

Started by filthylittlebeast, September 01, 2008, 10:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Spangler

Not every single player voted to have him back - if they did MH would have said so when he was asked but he avoided answering directly.

How fit is SON? Anyone see him play lately?

Star Spangler

Listen to the interview - when did anyone say "unanimous"?

Star Spangler

Like everyone else posting here, I wasn't there when the players made their decision.  However, Mickey was asked did every player to a man vote for SON's return and he dodged the question.  He said he unequivocally felt the players made the right decision.  He never used the word unanimous and I think I know an answer dodger when I hear one.  That's just my opinion of course.

Star Spangler

You shouldn't take yourself so seriously.  And Drumquin?? :o

Puckoon

Quote from: Star Spangler on September 05, 2008, 12:41:17 AM
You shouldn't take yourself so seriously.  And Drumquin?? :o

Whats wrong with the wolfe tones?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Sorry Puck, I had a brain-lapse, and thought that Star Spangler, who's done us the power of Tyrone good tonight, was a Drumquin man. Pat D'Arcy would be disgusted with me, to have confused a Drumquin man with a Tattyreagh man, but such is life  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

johnpower

Both prodigal sons are back .Me thinks they will be on the comfy seats with regular camera shots

stephenite

On_the_Couch

Given the time and effort he put in from 1997 to 2007, I believe he is entitled to walk back into that panel anytime he feels fit to do so.  The agreement of the management and the players indicates the maturity and selfless nature of the squad members that they recognise his presence can only strengthen the squad.

As for the 3rd party getting involved, fair play to him or her for bringing it about.  Gaelic football in general and Tyrone in particular can only be better off through their initiative.

Personally, I couldn't care less if Stephen plays or not in the final - that he pulls the jersey back on is something for us to celebrate - and it ups the ante for all concerned - best of luck to him.  

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Buckass

Have to side with thought that M Harte is trying to take media pressure off younger members. Don't know bout its worth but then again I thought he was wrong on Sean Cavanagh at ff...

Mike Sheehy

Quotefilthylittlebeast: can you lock this thread now please? (Enough about Stevie already, anything else should be in the context of the AIF (IMO))

nooooo.....ffs, are you mad !.........this is big news and the implications should be discussed right up to the AI.

gerry

Quoteto have confused a Drumquin man with a Tattyreagh man

were not trilled either being confused with a tat man.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

orangeman

24 pages in about 24 hours shows just how big a story this really is !