Tyrone vs Mayo AISF Semi-Final - August 25th

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Spangler

Quote from: TY14ED on August 13, 2013, 10:09:40 PM
Conor hit with 1 month ban for his, 'get out of my face Dessie', strike last day out.

fcukin ridiculous

trileacman

Don't understand that one. Mone got hit by his own hand, twas as obvious as the nose on your face.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

larryin89

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 13, 2013, 11:03:24 PM
I'm absolutely disgusted by that decision. The lack of consistency and bias by the CCC is again summed up by this decision. To watch it again in real time and call it a punch is pushing it in the extreme. He pushed his hand away with force. The big issue here is that counties aren't being treated equally. There have been numerous other incidents caught on camera throughout the championship that have been ignored. Why is this? What is the CCC guidance for using video evidence? They've yet to answer some pretty basic questions about when they use it and how they review games. To me it seems completely random. Paul Galvin was caught on camera punching earlier in the season. It was ignored. Why was he different to Gormley?

People can accuse Tyrone of many things but we do seem to be treated differently to everyone else when it come's to these issues. I'd love to have the statistics for the use of video evidence since 2003. Because we seem to be heavily penalised by it. All counties have to be treated the same for it to be fair. A few years ago McMenamin got the most random ban of 6 weeks for example that was never given to anyone else before just to make sure he missed more games.

I hope Tyrone appeal this and take it as far as they can. I'd love them to produce a video of other incidents and play it to the CCC along with Gormleys and ask them to explain what was different. I can see a highly motivated Tyrone team taking to the pitch next week. I hope they can shove this decision write back in the ccc's faces.

Thats almost as funny as , his face walked into his fist. Ffs
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

EC Unique

Quote from: larryin89 on August 13, 2013, 11:05:20 PM
I'm absolutely disgusted by that decision. The lack of consistency and bias by the CCC is again summed up by this decision. To watch it again in real time and call it a punch is pushing it in the extreme. He pushed his hand away with force. The big issue here is that counties aren't being treated equally. There have been numerous other incidents caught on camera throughout the championship that have been ignored. Why is this? What is the CCC guidance for using video evidence? They've yet to answer some pretty basic questions about when they use it and how they review games. To me it seems completely random. Paul Galvin was caught on camera punching earlier in the season. It was ignored. Why was he different to Gormley?

People can accuse Tyrone of many things but we do seem to be treated differently to everyone else when it come's to these issues. I'd love to have the statistics for the use of video evidence since 2003. Because we seem to be heavily penalised by it. All counties have to be treated the same for it to be fair. A few years ago McMenamin got the most random ban of 6 weeks for example that was never given to anyone else before just to make sure he missed more games.

I hope Tyrone appeal this and take it as far as they can. I'd love them to produce a video of other incidents and play it to the CCC along with Gormleys and ask them to explain what was different. I can see a highly motivated Tyrone team taking to the pitch next week. I hope they can shove this decision write back in the ccc's faces.

Have you watched the video?

Syferus

Quote from: EC Unique on August 13, 2013, 11:01:56 PM
They took their time on that one. Get Tyrone stopped at all costs I doubt.

Yeah, lads. Nothing to do with him striking someone in full view of the officials and the cameras. There's no bloody conspiracy on this one, unless you feel aggrieved that the laws of the sport are being upheld?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: larryin89 on August 13, 2013, 11:05:20 PM

Mone was holding his hand, he pushed it away with force. There was no punch. Its the best way of describing what happened. The holding of the face by Mone when he clearly wasn't touched there by Penrose  was as bad as anything that happened during the incident and no one has mentioned it.

EC Unique

Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2013, 11:07:45 PM

Yeah, lads. Nothing to do with him striking someone in full view of the officials and the cameras. There's no bloody conspiracy on this one, unless you feel aggrieved that the laws of the sport are being upheld?

Again. Have you watched the video?

Fear ón Srath Bán

If Mone hadn't felt the compulsion to act the meddling p***k none of this would have materialised. Ridiculous, and here's hoping the TCB can portray the CCC for the jaundiced buffoons they are at times, a portrait that they'll richly deserve.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

So the CCC have been consistently using video evidence to issue retrospective punishments to attempted strikes throughout the championship? Out of interest where exactly did he hit him?

BennyHarp

So why did the official not give him at red card at the time then?
That was never a square ball!!

ck

Anyone got a link to the video. I remember thinking he would be in bother at the time but would like a closer look

T Fearon

Gormley is like a Belfast rioter.The knock on the door. A few weeks later has come.

Syferus

Quote from: EC Unique on August 13, 2013, 11:09:47 PM

Every damn person here has.

I'm sick of people trying to deny a black and white situation just because it suits their team. If one of our lads did something as silly as that the last thing I'd be doing is making excuses for him.

Gormley plays on the edge, this time he went over the line. There is nothing more to this story.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2013, 11:20:10 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 13, 2013, 11:09:47 PM

Every damn person here has.

I'm sick of people trying to deny a black and white situation just because it suits their team. If one of our lads did something as silly as that the last thing I'd be doing is making excuses for him.

Gormley plays on the edge, this time he went over the line. There is nothing more to this story.

Do you think its ok for the CCC to pick and choose when they use video evidence? There is no consistency whatsoever. Why should Tyrone players be treated differently to the rest of the country when using it?

Walter Cronc