The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Maybe we should ask Bud is there is enough funding to have the golf outing in Hawaii?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stephenite

Some round indeed, I think he changed his equipment sponsor on the second day of this tournament from Callaway to Srixion-probably doesn't make much difference to the pros as all their clubs are custom made but I still think it makes the -11 all the more impressive

thebigfella

Quote from: stephenite on January 10, 2011, 10:23:55 AM
Some round indeed, I think he changed his equipment sponsor on the second day of this tournament from Callaway to Srixion-probably doesn't make much difference to the pros as all their clubs are custom made but I still think it makes the -11 all the more impressive

Nah he changed at the start of the year, although I believe he only has to use their irons, cleaveland wedges and balls. He's still using the same putter, driver, woods and hybrids.

Megaman

yeah, that hat did look daft

he had changed at the start of the year.

some round all the same considering the change in equipment, especially the ball.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Megaman on January 10, 2011, 10:32:38 AM
yeah, that hat did look daft

he had changed at the start of the year.

some round all the same considering the change in equipment, especially the ball.

Just goes to show you it's true what they say..Its not the arrow, its the Indian
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Are we still talking about McDowell?

He's been wearing the US Army style cap for quite a while now. There seems to be a shift amongst the US players from the baseball cap to the Army cap.

Anyone know where I can buy one of those baseball caps that has the peak at the back instead of the front?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hardy

I never thought I'd get a laugh out of a golf thread. Good man Orior.

heganboy

Quote from: thebigfella on January 10, 2011, 10:27:57 AM

Nah he changed at the start of the year, although I believe he only has to use their irons, cleaveland wedges and balls. He's still using the same putter, driver, woods and hybrids.

Actually he started the first 2 rounds with his old Callaway FT but driving was all over the place, he switched to the Cleveland Launcher the last 2 days. Srixon own Cleveland, so the only non branded stuff he uses now are the adams hybrids
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

thebigfella

Quote from: heganboy on January 10, 2011, 06:37:53 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 10, 2011, 10:27:57 AM

Actually he started the first 2 rounds with his old Callaway FT but driving was all over the place, he switched to the Cleveland Launcher the last 2 days. Srixon own Cleveland, so the only non branded stuff he uses now are the adams hybrids

Yeah but as I say his contract stipulates the irons, wedges and balls must be used. He still used the oddessy putter.

leaveherinsir

Some round by McDowell. Sometimes you would wonder why anyone would change clubs after such a successful season last year, he also seemed to have a good relationship with Callaway, judging by the BBC show after he won US Open last year. Even with some or all new clubs, he is still in the zone obviously, probably could shoot a good round with any set at the minute.  Just one thing about him tho, watched a few highlights on the news earlier and his swing is brutal!! You would wonder how he can play so well swinging like that, not exactly textbook. Would remind you a bit of Feherty's quote about Furyk....."an octopus in a phone box". Fair play tho, 62 blows is exceptional on a Sunday

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: leaveherinsir on January 10, 2011, 10:53:26 PM
Some round by McDowell. Sometimes you would wonder why anyone would change clubs after such a successful season last year, he also seemed to have a good relationship with Callaway, judging by the BBC show after he won US Open last year. Even with some or all new clubs, he is still in the zone obviously, probably could shoot a good round with any set at the minute.  Just one thing about him tho, watched a few highlights on the news earlier and his swing is brutal!! You would wonder how he can play so well swinging like that, not exactly textbook. Would remind you a bit of Feherty's quote about Furyk....."an octopus in a phone box". Fair play tho, 62 blows is exceptional on a Sunday

Think it was "like an octopus falling out of a tree".

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 10, 2011, 11:02:53 PM

Think it was "like an octopus falling out of a tree".
Either way, not pretty!

screenexile

Apparently "I felt like it was a golf ball I could get to the next level with.''

My guess would be that it's all about the Benjamins!

Puckoon

This will sound ridonkulous -

But the Callaway ball I think is better than the Srixon - which in itself is a good ball - but unless McDowell knows a little something about golf that I don't - well.......

Megaman

it was simply about the dosh, callaway werent willing to pay him as much as others at callaway, so he jumped ship.

i would say most think callaway / Titliest are better balls than srxion.  Cleveland wont let their players play with any other balls though.