?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on March 04, 2020, 10:39:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 04, 2020, 09:56:07 PM
Rangers are sure helping Celtic fall over the finishing line.
Up to this evening, Celtic have won every game since the winter break, is that falling over the line or sprinting clear?

True, just that the performances have been hap-hazard and the wins have been unconvincing!

The Treble must be a certainty now!

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 05, 2020, 06:06:37 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 04, 2020, 10:39:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 04, 2020, 09:56:07 PM
Rangers are sure helping Celtic fall over the finishing line.
Up to this evening, Celtic have won every game since the winter break, is that falling over the line or sprinting clear?

True, just that the performances have been hap-hazard and the wins have been unconvincing!

The Treble must be a certainty now!

Yes indeed only 7 of 9 of the wins were what one could sayconvincing, Celtic must do better.

illdecide

Domestically Celtic can't really do much better, they're on target for 104 pts and depending on what way the split pans out Celtic could have their last 5 games of the season all at home. One cup in the bag and in the semi final of the other.
Europe of course has been different, Celtic just seem to accept they're going to be poor in Europe, haven't won a knockout game since 2004 (think thats what i heard the other night). Seems to be fairly consistent no matter who's the manager.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

The continued selection of James Forrest is beyond a joke now.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on March 05, 2020, 07:18:06 PM

He can be frustrating at times but there are 2 or 3 ahead of James who need called aside, his goals and assists cannot be ignored either.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on March 05, 2020, 07:28:53 PM

He can be frustrating at times but there are 2 or 3 ahead of James who need called aside, his goals and assists cannot be ignored either.

Like who?

The players who pretty much seem to be ever presents if fit are:

Forster
Jullien
Ajer
Brown
McGregor
Forrest
Edouard

Forrest by a long way is the most underperforming at the minute.

ned

Quote from: Angelo on March 05, 2020, 07:31:28 PM

Like who?

Forster
Jullien
Ajer
Brown
McGregor
Forrest
Edouard

Forrest is a winger and therefore flits in and out a bit but with the system we had been playing he was asked to be a wing back. That stifles him a bit. Look at his goals and assists. He needs to be in the team although I'm sure he isn't 100% fit at the moment.

marty34

If games are cancelled, which the SFA might do, they'd only be too happy to stop Celtic doing the 9-in-a-row...on a technicality!!

Watch this space.

Angelo

Quote from: ned on March 05, 2020, 08:57:18 PM

Like who?

Forster
Jullien
Ajer
Brown
McGregor
Forrest
Edouard

Forrest is a winger and therefore flits in and out a bit but with the system we had been playing he was asked to be a wing back. That stifles him a bit. Look at his goals and assists. He needs to be in the team although I'm sure he isn't 100% fit at the moment.

Winger or wing back he has been utterly terrible of late and with Frimpong back fit if we are paying with wing backs there is no way he should be starting.

His form says he should be nowhere near the side, but Lennon has his stick on players regardless of whether they are unfit or badly out of form.

ned

Quote from: Angelo on March 05, 2020, 11:12:32 PM

Like who?

Forster
Jullien
Ajer
Brown
McGregor
Forrest
Edouard

Winger or wing back he has been utterly terrible of late and with Frimpong back fit if we are paying with wing backs there is no way he should be starting.

His form says he should be nowhere near the side, but Lennon has his stick on players regardless of whether they are unfit or badly out of form.

Forrest is instrumental in the way Celtic play. He is not a wing back however. He was directly involved in both goals on Wednesday night. He is not playing to his normal standards at the moment but I'm not sure he is 100% fit.

tyroneman

Seems strange that few people are concerned by the amount of money (even if only wages for the loan players) being wasted on 'projects' and mediocrity by Lawell and he board.

Soro, Klimala, Bayo, Shved, Taylor, Bolingoli, Connell, Afolabi, Bauer....

All very well taking a punt on 1 or 2, but rather than spend 2-3 million on each, how about actually buying a player ready to step into the first team.

Not convinced the scouting system has gotten any better since Congerton left.

Still galls that we spend millions on Bayo etc yet let McGinn slip away for the sake of a few hundred

One can only hope that the board see fit to buy a plug and play left back/ left wing back, center half, DFM and 20 goal striker + keep hold of Eddie as Sevco will re-mortgage the lot to stop 10-iar

Angelo

Quote from: ned on March 06, 2020, 07:54:09 AM
Quote from: Angelo on March 05, 2020, 11:12:32 PM

Like who?

Forster
Jullien
Ajer
Brown
McGregor
Forrest
Edouard

Forrest is instrumental in the way Celtic play. He is not a wing back however. He was directly involved in both goals on Wednesday night. He is not playing to his normal standards at the moment but I'm not sure he is 100% fit.

Forrest has been shite for about 4 months now, he is greedy, predictable and cowardly. If he is instrumental in the way we play then maybe it explains the shit shows against Copenhagen and the huns in our last two meetings. Playing simple 5 yard passes are the minimum for a footballer, the fact that McGregor scored a belter and Edouard created a goal out of nothing don't enhance his role in those goals. On Wednesday night he was absolutely putrid once again, he is so devoid of ideas right now, the amount of these utterly pointless lateral dribbles he goes on where he runs all the way across the goal from the right side of the pitch to then lay it off to the left back is infuriating.

It beggars belief how he is keeping his place.

Forrest is a classic example of a player in the comfort zone, a player certain that his place is safe regardless of his form. He needs to be dropped, Lennon has completely frozen Shved and Arzani out of the picture without any real chance to impress but yet continues to pick a guy like Forrest who is offering nothing right now.

Angelo

Quote from: tyroneman on March 06, 2020, 08:33:08 AM
Seems strange that few people are concerned by the amount of money (even if only wages for the loan players) being wasted on 'projects' and mediocrity by Lawell and he board.

Soro, Klimala, Bayo, Shved, Taylor, Bolingoli, Connell, Afolabi, Bauer....

All very well taking a punt on 1 or 2, but rather than spend 2-3 million on each, how about actually buying a player ready to step into the first team.

Not convinced the scouting system has gotten any better since Congerton left.

Still galls that we spend millions on Bayo etc yet let McGinn slip away for the sake of a few hundred

One can only hope that the board see fit to buy a plug and play left back/ left wing back, center half, DFM and 20 goal striker + keep hold of Eddie as Sevco will re-mortgage the lot to stop 10-iar

It's pointless anyway when the manager won't really give any of these guys a chance to impress.

The McGinn saga was a disgrace and shows up Lawwell for the type of greedy bonus chaser he is.

illdecide

Angelo I think everyone has their favourite players and the players they dislike and not much will really change, it's clear James is not one of your favourites...lol. For what it's worth he drives me up the wall at times especially making a half hearted attempt to go for a 50/50 tackle and easily he's brushed off the ball but as stated earlier he has scored so many goals and assists that cannot be ignored. You will see the pitches improving now and a lot of home matches coming up and i'd expect him to improve his form again. Maybe Neil should have given him the curly finger a few times but he is a crucial part of the team...

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on March 06, 2020, 10:03:45 AM
Angelo I think everyone has their favourite players and the players they dislike and not much will really change, it's clear James is not one of your favourites...lol. For what it's worth he drives me up the wall at times especially making a half hearted attempt to go for a 50/50 tackle and easily he's brushed off the ball but as stated earlier he has scored so many goals and assists that cannot be ignored. You will see the pitches improving now and a lot of home matches coming up and i'd expect him to improve his form again. Maybe Neil should have given him the curly finger a few times but he is a crucial part of the team...
What does it mean when a lurgan man gives you the curly finger?