Rossies v Tyrone Hyde Park 13th July 5pm.

Started by giveballaghback, July 06, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

southtyronegael

Quote from: Angelo on July 11, 2019, 10:44:51 AM
Any word on Peter Harte's appeal? Is it being heard this evening?
he going to Dublin this evening for it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2019, 11:16:41 AM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa/out-of-tune-tyrone-footballers-have-no-excuses-935856.html

Yep, an 'ordinary decent supremacist marching Orange band', how could they!

The irony, of course, that all offence here is post-ipso-facto -- very little to be offended by.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

trailer

I'm sick of this shite about the Tyrone team and this song. Declan Bogue is out of line with his article. What's the issue here? That a team of Gaelic footballers who are Irish, have an affinity with Ireland and Irishness? Next week Declan Bogue calls water wet! It's complete faux outrage! The OO are getting a by-ball because they organised the Parade not to coincide with Mass! The whole thing is beyond parody.

Rossfan

Apologies to Robbie Burns but
Wid some power the giftie gie ye
Tae see yerselves as ithers see ye
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on July 11, 2019, 12:36:27 PM
I'm sick of this shite about the Tyrone team and this song. Declan Bogue is out of line with his article. What's the issue here? That a team of Gaelic footballers who are Irish, have an affinity with Ireland and Irishness? Next week Declan Bogue calls water wet! It's complete faux outrage! The OO are getting a by-ball because they organised the Parade not to coincide with Mass! The whole thing is beyond parody.

Did limerick hurlers get the same treatment after their rendition of Sean South?

five points

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 11, 2019, 12:59:17 PM

Did limerick hurlers get the same treatment after their rendition of Sean South?

If they did it at an actual loyalist parade, they deserve it, and worse.

RedHand88

Quote from: five points on July 11, 2019, 01:00:23 PM

Not much opportunity to sing it at a loyalist parade in Limerick in fairness.

trailer

Limerick hurlers praised for organising to sing Sean South so it doesn't coincide with Orange parade.

weareros

Lads did nothing wrong. Sang a rebel song in a bus. Songs of protest are part of our heritage. Have influenced music all around the world. Bob Dylan ate Irish rebel songs for breakfast. Ridiculous stuff and let the Red Hand sing every rebel song under the sun from Strabane to the Hyde. This will be a great game and that should be all our focus.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Hear, hear, a chara!

Indeed, let us look forward to a cracking footballing encounter in Hyde Park this Saturday, without all this contrived indignation nonsense, and hoping our lads are smarting still from that firat half annihilation in Hyde in the League earlier this year -- retribution beckons! ;)

ONeill

I think we need to ditch The Mountains of Pomeroy now too. That fcuker was an outlawed man. Can't be offending now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on July 11, 2019, 08:05:25 PM
I think we need to ditch The Mountains of Pomeroy now too. That fcuker was an outlawed man. Can't be offending now.

Trust you ya hoor ya, to bring poor downtrodden and maligned Renardine into the malevolent mix too, give us Strabane wans a break, would you? ;)

Jayop

Quote from: five points on July 11, 2019, 01:00:23 PM

Dry your eyes. Bogue has made a right p***k out of himself this week. A few lads singing a song about the bastards of the black and tans from literally 100 years ago now that were sent to Ireland to murder and terrorise our people. If anyone is offended by a nationalist singing that song they can go f**k as far away off as possible.

Sean South is a song about an attack on an RUC barracks 40 years after the black and tans were disbanded. It's mental that this is an issue and anyone like Bogue or Sean Cavanagh who made a dickhead out of himself on several fronts in an article today can go shite up a tree.

ONeill

Bogue did make a couple of good points. But you have to remember who his primary audience is too - The Belfast Telegraph readership.

Sometimes you have to tell the wife them jeans do look good on her, for selfish reasons.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.