Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Heard he was having a great TIME Monday night.

BennyHarp

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 21, 2018, 09:54:52 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 20, 2018, 07:59:05 PM
Quote from: BIGONE on June 20, 2018, 04:30:57 PM
Tyrone Team V Carlow?:
O'Neill
McGeary McNamee Hampsey
McKernan Burns McCann
Cavanagh McNulty
Meyler Harte Mattie
McShane Richie D McAliskey

No Sludden? Meyler half back for McCann (whether he's suspended or not) and Sludden in number 10. He's not playing great but we need to let him play himself into form again, otherwise that's pretty much how I'd see the starting 15 too. Interesting to see if Morgan gets a recall. Also I'd expect McNulty to get called ashore at half time for McClure.

He's injured, i'm told.

He's not by the looks of it..
1 N Morgan
2 P Hamspey
3 R McNamee
4 C McCarron
5 M McKernan
6 F Burns 
7 P Harte
8 C Cavanagh
9 D McClure
10 M Donnelly 
11 N Sludden
12 C Meyler
13 C McShane
14 R Donnelly
15 C McAliskey
That was never a square ball!!

Goals_Will_Come

Team V Carlow:
1 N Morgan
2 P Hamspey
3 R McNamee
4 C McCarron
5 M McKernan
6 F Burns
7 P Harte
8 C Cavanagh
9 D McClure
10 M Donnelly
11 N Sludden
12 C Meyler
13 C McShane
14 R Donnelly
15 C McAliskey

Under Lights

Mickey O'Neill harshly done there.

Anyone got the list of subs?

trailer

Tyrone must win convincingly. Nothing less than an double digit margin should be seen as a failure. For all the blow and bluster it's Carlow ffs.

Degrassi Hi

Subs: M O'Neill, R Brennan, M Cassidy, H Loughran, C McCann, A McCrory, HP McGeary, K McGeary, P McNulty, R O'Neill, R Sludden.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Under Lights on June 22, 2018, 08:12:09 AM

M O'Neill,
R Brennan,
M Cassidy,
H Loughran,
C McCann,
A McCrory,
HP McGeary,
K McGeary,
P McNulty,
R O'Neill,
R Sludden

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on June 22, 2018, 08:12:09 AM

Sure he wasn't listed to start the last day - could well start anyway. Maybe he prefers to wear 16.  ;D

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 21, 2018, 03:03:59 PM
Anyone else hear that Ruari Sludden is already a goner from the panel? Apparently spotted in a certain establishment on Greencastle cross roads.

He was named on the 26 so definitely not a goner

Tyrone Gaa

Reports coming through that the #NEWBRIDGEORNOWHERE campaign has been successful and the Mayo v Kildare game will be played in Newbridge.  Where does this leave us?  Surely the GAA wont open up Croke Park for a stand alone game between Tyrone and Cavan.  Personally I find Clones hard to beat on a warm summers day  8)
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 27, 2018, 11:41:43 AM
Reports coming through that the #NEWBRIDGEORNOWHERE campaign has been successful and the Mayo v Kildare game will be played in Newbridge.  Where does this leave us?  Surely the GAA wont open up Croke Park for a stand alone game between Tyrone and Cavan.  Personally I find Clones hard to beat on a warm summers day  8)

Brewster Park now the preferred option to stage Cavan v Tyrone!!
Living the dream!!!

bigpackiechestout

It's been very quiet on here since the Carlow game although I must say I am feeling positive about our current situation and think we are building nicely as the year progresses, without ever hitting top form yet.

In Meath, Carlow and Cavan we have had great draws so far in the Qualifiers. It would have done us no good whatsoever to play the likes of Waterford or Leitrim and whilst these are all teams we should be beating, they each provide a challenge and are the type of games that will stand to us as we hopefully progress in the Championship.

Positives from the last few games include Richie Donnelly playing well and offering us another option in the full forward line. The likes of Meyler, McKernan and Frank Burns all getting consistent game time and performing well, as well as Mattie and Petey starting so show some for and Colm Cavanagh starting to look like his old self.

I fancy us to beat Cavan relatively convincingly on Saturday evening and also fancy our chances against any of the provincial losers. However it must be said that, with potentially 6 games in 7 weeks, as the weeks progress it will be increasingly difficult for the teams coming through from the qualifiers. Of course the teams coming through the front door should be at an advantage but I think this Scheduling is a bit over the top in their favour and is something the GAA might want to address for next year.

Anyway, is anyone expecting any changes for this weekend? And does anyone have any insight on when Bradley and Brennan can be expected back? We could really do with at least one of these lads being fit to come off the bench this weekend because if we are to make the Super 8s they will need a couple of weeks beforehand to get back up to speed.

Redhand Santa

I can't see many changes at this stage. I don't think we've settled on a midfield partner for Colm Cavanagh yet. Mcclure and McNulty both struggled in the last few games. Wouldn't rule out McCann coming in and Mattie pushing to midfield. Ideally we'd leave him in the forwards and have a bigger man in the middle as kickouts are becoming more important.

McCarron got skinned early on the last day but there wasn't much ball sent in after that. Harte might think at this stage he's as good as we have. It's a pity Rory Brennan hasn't pushed on more as he looked to have plenty of potential.

I think Morgan gets a hard time on here. Other than free kicks he's been very reliable generally and is good under the high ball. His kickouts would be ahead of O'Neill.

omagh_gael

Had the kids up in Garvaghey at the play park and the senior team were training. Both Bradley and Brennan trained separately with Michael Harte. Looks like there's no chance we'll see them this weekend.

On a separate note, my eldest lad (7) sat watching in pure star struck fashion. During the kick about before training started a ball came over to him and he passed it back to Ritchy Donnelly, Ritchy called him over a took him over to the kids nets and kicked points with him for a good 5 mins amongst all the Senior players. Fair play to him, my wee lad walked off 10 feet tall!

GetOverTheBar

Well done Ritchie Donnelly, I'd be as harsh as most people on some of the Tyrone players of modern times but I do know they do a lot of unseen things like this with the younger generation.