Have Three teams Qualify from Each super 8 group

Started by Eire90, February 16, 2020, 06:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

Have 3 Teams qualify from the super 8s  group winners get a bye to semis looking over the last two seasons using this system there was not one dead rubber every team had something to play for in the last game either playing to win the group and get the bye or playing to avoid 4th and get into quarter final.It be good idea aswell to play the two quarter finals at the ground of the team that finished 2nd.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Eire90 on February 16, 2020, 06:09:20 AM
Have 3 Teams qualify from the super 8s  group winners get a bye to semis looking over the last two seasons using this system there was not one dead rubber every team had something to play for in the last game either playing to win the group and get the bye or playing to avoid 4th and get into quarter final.It be good idea aswell to play the two quarter finals at the ground of the team that finished 2nd.

Not a bad idea. The GAA needs to increase revenue.

Here's another idea. You stop polluting the board with silly threads.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bannside

As ideas go I think thats a good one. Why the sarcasm Farren. Makes you feel good does it?

From the Bunker

Quote from: bannside on February 16, 2020, 12:14:20 PM
As ideas go I think thats a good one. Why the sarcasm Farren. Makes you feel good does it?

Would be great for the Dublin's and Kerry's as they'd get even more rest going into their Semi-finals every year.

Kingdom37

Wont work. Too many games as it at the moment.

Kingdom37

Posters like Farr and Joe Manus come across as bullies. If they don't contribute to thread should say nothing.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 16, 2020, 01:25:57 PM

Wont work. Too many games as it at the moment.

It probably would! You have to remember the Tier 2 teams are being got rid of in next years Championship. So the back door games will be cut in half!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PMG1

Yet another weekend of club football taken out, there is too much county football already

Captain Obvious

We don't need a group stage for the final eight of the championship. Knowing HQ however they will keep it in place after this summer (3rd and final year of its trial period) and then introduce a group stage for the final four in the years ahead.

Kingdom37

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 16, 2020, 02:05:04 PM
We don't need a group stage for the final eight of the championship. Knowing HQ however they will keep it in place after this summer (3rd and final year of its trial period) and then introduce a group stage for the final four in the years ahead.

100% group stages have been disaster

joemamas

Farrandeelin is 100% correct.
That tool bag has six or seven alias's and is absolutely making a joke of the website.

Kingdom37

Quote from: joemamas on February 16, 2020, 07:22:15 PM

Farrandeelin is 100% correct.
That tool bag has six or seven alias's and is absolutely making a joke of the website.

Less of the bullying please.  Typical man. Are females not allowed have opinions or is your ego getting in the way?  I have one username. We don't question your trolling "referees audition  for finals" my grandson is a referee and we have clowns like  you question referee integrity? ??? If you don't want post on subject please f**k off. Mayo posters love to troll on this board and anyone put something controversial they resort to bullying like your yourself Joe so take a long in the mirror

Farrandeelin

Just pissed off about what's happening in the GAA at the moment. Hence the needs extra revenue remark.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.