Is it finally time for two refs for all county games

Started by sligoman2, September 03, 2014, 01:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be in favour of two refs on a trial basis for inter county games

Yes
No

johnneycool

Quote from: fearglasmor on September 05, 2014, 02:17:19 PM
Doesn't matter. The GAA and rules/laws are incompatible.
Hard decisions are often made on sentiment and personal interpretation rather than rules.
Not the referees fault that no one would tolerate literal application of whats written as "rules"

Correct.

Give an Irishman a rule book and he'll try to circumvent each and every one of them to suit his needs at that particular time and later insist that they are followed to the letter of the law when it doesn't suit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on September 05, 2014, 02:41:50 PM
Quote from: fearglasmor on September 05, 2014, 02:17:19 PM
Doesn't matter. The GAA and rules/laws are incompatible.
Hard decisions are often made on sentiment and personal interpretation rather than rules.
Not the referees fault that no one would tolerate literal application of whats written as "rules"

Correct.

Give an Irishman a rule book and he'll try to circumvent each and every one of them to suit his needs at that particular time and later insist that they are followed to the letter of the law when it doesn't suit.

I'll remember that next time I'm do your neck of the woods lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sligoman2

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dangleberrys

Quote from: J OGorman on September 05, 2014, 02:09:40 PM
Quote from: Dangleberrys on September 04, 2014, 10:48:45 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 03, 2014, 12:06:47 PM
Quote from: Dangleberrys on September 03, 2014, 11:50:56 AM
Yeah, I've never seen a forward pull and drag out of a tight marking defender ::)

Works both ways and giving umpires 'more power' is a ridiculous idea, less power but two refs makes a lot more sense.

roll your eyes all you want dangleberry. I was at an ulster championship match this year, the first thing the full back down was to grab the forward by the throat and squeeze. then threw a couple of elbows into his back. All before the ref threw the ball in. Should the umpire not have brought this to the refs attention as was watching it with a shocked look on his face instead of looking at his feet?

And?

My point is that forwards pull and drag too.  ::) this was aimed at the view that only backs foul...... so yeah ::)

eh? obviously you're a deep thinker. So I'll just let you get on with your thinking
Eh? Obviously you're not, so yeah, move on there. Next time read it a few times before replying, good lad.

J OGorman

Quote from: Dangleberrys on September 05, 2014, 05:32:26 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 05, 2014, 02:09:40 PM
Quote from: Dangleberrys on September 04, 2014, 10:48:45 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on September 03, 2014, 12:06:47 PM
Quote from: Dangleberrys on September 03, 2014, 11:50:56 AM
Yeah, I've never seen a forward pull and drag out of a tight marking defender ::)

Works both ways and giving umpires 'more power' is a ridiculous idea, less power but two refs makes a lot more sense.

roll your eyes all you want dangleberry. I was at an ulster championship match this year, the first thing the full back down was to grab the forward by the throat and squeeze. then threw a couple of elbows into his back. All before the ref threw the ball in. Should the umpire not have brought this to the refs attention as was watching it with a shocked look on his face instead of looking at his feet?

And?

My point is that forwards pull and drag too.  ::) this was aimed at the view that only backs foul...... so yeah ::)

eh? obviously you're a deep thinker. So I'll just let you get on with your thinking
Eh? Obviously you're not, so yeah, move on there. Next time read it a few times before replying, good lad.

You're a dangleberry

anfheardubh

horseshit

Get the right man to ref the game, the ref at the mayo match was a disgrace and should be ashamed of his performance or lack of

he was so obviously biased towards kerry, and  as a donegal man i hope the final isnt ruined by similiar poor biased whistles
For many are called, but few are chosen.

sligoman2

Another All -ireland semi final with a bad no call for a penalty for Tyrone.  I thought Deegan did a good gob overall but again I feel that one man can't possibly watch everything that is going on. 
Its time for two refs for all county games in my opinion.

From the Bunker

Quote from: sligoman2 on August 23, 2015, 05:28:02 PM
Another All -ireland semi final with a bad no call for a penalty for Tyrone.  I thought Deegan did a good gob overall but again I feel that one man can't possibly watch everything that is going on. 

Feck sake he has 4 umpires, two linesmen (who are qualified Referees) and anther lad along the line for timekeeping and subs. How much more help does he need? I mean that's 7 people that can help him out in various circumstances.

Hardy

And Hawkeye. Don't forget Hawkeye.

Canning today wanted Hawkeye to decide on 45 vs. wide. Carney seemed to think it was a good idea too, but then he's a flute.

general_lee

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2015, 06:00:58 PM

Feck sake he has 4 umpires, two linesmen (who are qualified Referees) and anther lad along the line for timekeeping and subs. How much more help does he need? I mean that's 7 people that can help him out in various circumstances.
and they still manage to f**k it up. Bring in a TMO. Pragmatic solution.

sligoman2

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2015, 06:00:58 PM

As far as I know only the red can call a penalty so linesmen etc don't count.  Shocking call for Tyrones black card also, Deegan was behind the play and couldn't see what happened.  Having a ref in both halves might change that

BennyHarp

One ref can't even be consistent with himself, imagine two of them?
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

How did they arrive at 2 minutes stoppage time today. Numerous subs, a few injuries (Cavanagh and Cooper down twice off the top of my head) and they give 2 minutes! Imagine having Marty Duffy in one half and Paudie Hughes in another. They would be fighting each other to see who could get the most attention. No thanks.