Laois U-21 Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 20, 2017, 07:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Seeing as this is the very last under 21 championship to ever be played in Laois I thought it would be fitting to start a thread covering the games.
I was looking for fixtures for the weekend and came across this on the Laois Official Website.
They have Graiguecullen down to play twice tomorrow afternoon, surely this is a mistake unless they have two teams in the competition.. ??

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Saint 1963

Great fighting performance from a young Saints team last night and a right good game of football.
Have to say though it's a bit much to ask some of the Portlaoise lads to play four games in less than eight days. Leinster Club on Sunday, U21 Hurling on Tuesday, U21 Football on Friday and back to U21 Hurling on Sunday morning. And then they talk about player burn out and welfare! That's not to say arranging fixtures is easy, but surely that sort of workload can't be in anyone's best interest!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Under-21 Football Championships
O'Moore Park.   18/11/2017

Under 21 Football B Final
17:15
Ballylinan v Na Fianna Og

Under 21 Football A Final
19:00
Graiguecullen v Portarlington

redsetanta

Interesting B final with the Arles/Killeen/Barrowhouse combo v the Bally boys
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Could be the first step in the two Arles's getting back together again..  And not before time in my opinion.

Don Draper

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on November 16, 2017, 01:13:03 PM
Could be the first step in the two Arles's getting back together again..  And not before time in my opinion.
It will in its hole, do you know what jerseys they wear?

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on November 16, 2017, 01:17:49 PM

Inform us?
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on November 16, 2017, 03:30:20 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 16, 2017, 01:17:49 PM

Inform us?
Barrowhouse jerseys. Figure out why yourself.

SCFC

I was talking to a Ballylinan man around the county semi final time and he said it's inevitable that they go back together. He also seemed to think Killeen might lose a prominent player or 2 on transfers over the winter. Hmmm.....

redsetanta

They wouldn't want to play in Killeen or Kilcruise jerseys as a gaels team so wearing Barrowhouse jerseys saves having to get new ones done up.
Rumours flying around as usual. The fact Donie is out of Laois panel will just add more wind to them.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi