Laois V Tyrone

Started by Unlaoised, February 22, 2016, 03:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

This has the makings of a decent game on Sunday ...
Suprised it's not a Saturday evening game in O'Moore Park which surely would suit both counties better.

The wet conditions probably will suit Tyrone better and they will be hot favourites to win ..

The O'Moores are known for a shock result in the league every year could this be it??
LAOIS ABÚ

WT4E

How does a wet day suit Tyrone?

I always heard a wet day suited the underdog!

Unlaoised

Just always think Tyrone are one team that are brilliant at retaining possession and this will suit them if the surface is poor
LAOIS ABÚ

ONeill

Oh come on.....he set you up there for the stock reply......
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Over the Bar

Ok, we'll give you another chance...."How does a wet day suit Tyrone better??"

rrhf

Are Laois still regarded as bad pups?

seafoid

Laois might be able to knick it

Il Bomber Destro

Tyrone are a team suited to dry football and dry underfoot conditions. If the wet, wintery conditions suit any team then it won't be Tyrone.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 23, 2016, 12:25:21 AM
Tyrone are a team suited to dry football and dry underfoot conditions. If the wet, wintery conditions suit any team then it won't be Tyrone.

I'll agree to disagree I think Tyrone are excellent at coping with poor conditions as the are very strong in the tackle both on the ball and while tackling bottling men up similar to Monaghan.

Laois tend to play a kicking game this year which leads to chance on a dodgy surface.

Just my opinion.
LAOIS ABÚ

illdecide

The wet will not suit Tyrone and anyway who said it'll be wet? Tyrone will win this comfortably with 4-5 pts to spare. The only reason Laois have 2 pts on the board at this stage is they've played Armagh :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Unlaoised

Quote from: illdecide on February 23, 2016, 11:20:20 AM
The wet will not suit Tyrone and anyway who said it'll be wet? Tyrone will win this comfortably with 4-5 pts to spare. The only reason Laois have 2 pts on the board at this stage is they've played Armagh :P

All about opinions and you Sir could be right....

I just think it could be a decent game and I'm looking forward to going to see one of Ulster's finest in here in Portlaoise!
LAOIS ABÚ

Fuzzman

With Galway hammering Laois in the first round and Tyrone beating Galway in the second round then logic would point at a win for Tyrone who have got 2016 off to a good run of wins already.
However there seems to be something missing (maybe sunshine and a dry ball) as we've laboured at times to find our inside forwards.
Will be interesting to see how much we get to see of Sean Cavanagh in these league games with McAliskey looking to be the new man for FF these days.

I'll miss this one as over in Madrid but have we ever won in Port Laoise?

the goal was on

This will be a walkover. Tyrone by at least 8.

sambostar

Quote from: Unlaoised on February 23, 2016, 11:36:34 AM
Quote from: illdecide on February 23, 2016, 11:20:20 AM

All about opinions and you Sir could be right....

I just think it could be a decent game and I'm looking forward to going to see one of Ulster's finest in here in Portlaoise!

Just googled Portlaoise weather & it's just 2% chance of precipitation for Sunday afternoon. So hopefully will be a better game than Tyrone's opening 2 slogfests

Unlaoised

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 23, 2016, 12:21:51 PM
With Galway hammering Laois in the first round and Tyrone beating Galway in the second round then logic would point at a win for Tyrone who have got 2016 off to a good run of wins already.
However there seems to be something missing (maybe sunshine and a dry ball) as we've laboured at times to find our inside forwards.
Will be interesting to see how much we get to see of Sean Cavanagh in these league games with McAliskey looking to be the new man for FF these days.

I'll miss this one as over in Madrid but have we ever won in Port Laoise?

Not sure I remember turning ye over once or twice against the odds....
LAOIS ABÚ