Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 07, 2017, 12:44:05 PM
Personally I think players should be allowed transfer as they please.  Why should anyone be bound to a club,  in no aspect of life would this happen why should the GAA be any different.  If clubs are doing a good job they will attract players if not they won't.
Because the GAA is different. And if you are to allow free movement, then you take away one of the strengths of the GAA.

But you and the others are entitled to your opinions obviously, and it will be interesting if it forever stays thus.

clonadmad

Personally I think players should be allowed transfer as they please.  Why should anyone be bound to a club,  in no aspect of life would this happen why should the GAA be any different.  If clubs are doing a good job they will attract players if not they won't.

I'm delighted to hear you feel like that,BA

The hurling side of your outfit have 5/6 lovely u16's

Parcel them up for me,I'll be over to collect them later

BallyroanAbu

I think they want to play Senior A.

Ballyroan Abbey

[/quote.

And thats why ballyroan have the reputation of a helicopter club, each to their own but if a player wamts to transfer from a small club to a big senior club it says more about the individual than anyone else

BallyroanAbu

So a player should be happy playing Junior C,B or A  because of a decision he made when he was 10.  If someone told you that you had to stay in the same job because it was your first job would that be fair.  Most players don't even realise the extent to which their been held by clubs, usually what happens is that they get pissed off and stop playing altogether.  Helicopter Club ? Would the issue not be that we are the only football club in a predominantly hurling area. 

Ballyroan Abbey

No we ve taken lads out of raheen, spink, ratheniska, ballacolla and durrow in the last few years, all these areas have clubs, id rather we did the best with what we have to be honest, your talking down about junior clubs like its a death sentance to play for one, well its very hard for these clubs to progress up the ladder when there best players are been taken from them isnt it

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 07, 2017, 03:03:14 PM

Maybe the Tipp or Kk clubs should pop over the border then and offer them  the chance to play on all ireland winning minor teams instead of hanging around going nowhere with laois,because that's the logical conclusion of your argument.

If what your suggesting ever comes true,the juvenile sections in all bar  the top 4/5 clubs can close the gate.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on April 07, 2017, 03:58:51 PM

Maybe the Tipp or Kk clubs should pop over the border then and offer them  the chance to play on all ireland winning minor teams instead of hanging around going nowhere with laois,because that's the logical conclusion of your argument.

If what your suggesting ever comes true,the juvenile sections in all bar  the top 4/5 clubs can close the gate.
No, what he's suggesting is cuntish in the extreme. Full stop. You'd hope he's but one voice. You'd hope.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on April 07, 2017, 12:35:06 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on April 07, 2017, 12:26:14 PM
The reality is very few clubs ( if any) will do as you say Don. To name a few,Stradbally didnt do it, Kileen didnt do it,Portlaoise didnt do it,. The world we live in now is a different one i grew up in Don. I myself traveled in my playing days and missed a quarter final ( Junior might i add :-X) and that wasnt today or yesterday and if i may say so i was ostracised for a while for doing so. The GAA  club scene was defined by life time allegiance to your locality, local pub, local dance hall etc but unfortunately as the country dynamic changes that allegiance is quickly decaying ( a bit like the small farmer in Ireland).Clubs and club officers are part of that new dynamic now so to suggest they should tell someone  to "F%%k back to their own club" is  not going to happen.
You seem to be ok with this new attitude of the likes of Stradbally Killeen and Portlaoise so. If you're ok with it, you're part of the problem. You omitted St Josephs there by the way.

I sure did leave out St Josephs as they havent facilitated any transfers yet and because none of us know whether they did or did not tell Daly to stay with his own club.I named clubs who did as seen by the transfers they did facilitate into their clubs. Whether i agree with it or not makes no difference and as i already said times are a changing and us guys who went with the norm may now move with the times. Just like Politics the norm is changing. I also dont see it as a recent problem as guys seeking transfers has been going on a long long time now....

clonadmad

I hear the Kyle Byrne transfer appeal to the Laois Cccc was lost as well.

Can we expect more media attention and perhaps Portlaoise beating a well trodden path to the leinster council and ultimately the DRA (cost €1,500) over yet another juvenile player?

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on April 07, 2017, 04:03:20 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on April 07, 2017, 03:58:51 PM

No, what he's suggesting is cuntish in the extreme. Full stop. You'd hope he's but one voice. You'd hope.

Aye. You'd hope

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on April 07, 2017, 04:43:57 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on April 07, 2017, 12:35:06 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on April 07, 2017, 12:26:14 PM
The reality is very few clubs ( if any) will do as you say Don. To name a few,Stradbally didnt do it, Kileen didnt do it,Portlaoise didnt do it,. The world we live in now is a different one i grew up in Don. I myself traveled in my playing days and missed a quarter final ( Junior might i add :-X) and that wasnt today or yesterday and if i may say so i was ostracised for a while for doing so. The GAA  club scene was defined by life time allegiance to your locality, local pub, local dance hall etc but unfortunately as the country dynamic changes that allegiance is quickly decaying ( a bit like the small farmer in Ireland).Clubs and club officers are part of that new dynamic now so to suggest they should tell someone  to "F%%k back to their own club" is  not going to happen.
You seem to be ok with this new attitude of the likes of Stradbally Killeen and Portlaoise so. If you're ok with it, you're part of the problem. You omitted St Josephs there by the way.

I sure did leave out St Josephs as they havent facilitated any transfers yet and because none of us know whether they did or did not tell Daly to stay with his own club.I named clubs who did as seen by the transfers they did facilitate into their clubs. Whether i agree with it or not makes no difference and as i already said times are a changing and us guys who went with the norm may now move with the times. Just like Politics the norm is changing. I also dont see it as a recent problem as guys seeking transfers has been going on a long long time now....

Yea, I'm putting Joseph's in with the ones you named.

BobbyBoucherJr

Quote from: clonadmad on April 07, 2017, 04:50:26 PM

Can we expect more media attention and perhaps Portlaoise beating a well trodden path to the leinster council and ultimately the DRA (cost €1,500) over yet another juvenile player?
I heard he actually won his appeal and his transfer is approved. We just saved €1500!

Don Draper

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on April 08, 2017, 08:48:51 AM

I heard he actually won his appeal and his transfer is approved. We just saved €1500!
Maybe ye could donate that 1500 to the 'pay back Croke Park & Leinster Council' fund.

clonadmad

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on April 08, 2017, 08:48:51 AM

You heard wrong