Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 22, 2017, 06:18:37 PM
Quote from: Ogie on February 22, 2017, 02:35:02 PM
I don't understand why Kyle are making such a fuss now, they have gone along before with Arien Delaney & Darren Gilmartin to Camross, James maher to Roscrea all of whom were there best hurlers at the time, & they benefit more than most with fella's from Roscrea, coolderry etc transferring into them.
At the end of the day it comes down to this young fella wanting to hurl at a higher level, with a team he's hurled with from u12 upwards, what will happen now is he won't hurl at all.

There was a time at least half of the team was from Roscrea. A policy of accept anyone but let nobody leave is not the way to do things.
I agree with a comment above that a gaels amalgamation shouldnt happen to please one player, They were joined with Trumera last year and threw a hissy fit when there wasnt enough kyle players playing even though 3-5 kyle lads was the maximum that ever bothered to turn up training, blamed Anthony Coffey for being a b@llix and now want some senior team to sacrifice the prestige of playing in the provincial championships for one player...yeah poor kyle
Please explain your autistic comment from earlier.

Keyser Söze

I don't blame Kyle for "requesting a hearing" regarding any transfers out.
If the players in question meet the criteria to get a transfer, they will get it whether Kyle "object" or not. If they don't, they won't.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on February 21, 2017, 11:24:47 PM
Quote from: hurlingmad on February 21, 2017, 07:29:53 PM
Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on February 21, 2017, 06:04:30 PM
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/236410/county-selector-allegedly-told-player-to-leave-club-to-remain-on-laois-panel.html

Hardly a shock but not right all the same

Conor Quinlan was asked up to the Laois senior panel pre season and opted not to himself. This seems to be an autistic work of fiction by Mark Delaney
Autistic?
He might have meant artistic? Autocorrect? Typo?

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on February 23, 2017, 08:34:20 AM
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/236410/county-selector-allegedly-told-player-to-leave-club-to-remain-on-laois-panel.html

Conor Quinlan was asked up to the Laois senior panel pre season and opted not to himself. This seems to be an autistic work of fiction by Mark Delaney
Autistic?
It doesn't correct to or from artistic on my phone.

Don Draper

Transfers Byelaws had been approved by National Byelaws Committee last Thursday and now required ratification by Central Council prior to Congress this weekend. In the event of these being ratified, all transfer applications will be circulated next Monday 27 Februaryand processed in accordance with Rule the following week.

Anyone know what the changes made were?

hurlingmad

Quote from: Don Draper on February 23, 2017, 08:53:49 AM

Autistic?

Hi Don, sorry but i did mean artistic, nokia lumia is the phone i have and it auto corrects, i didnt proof read the comment and i also have a brother with autism  and merely meant ut was a created work of fiction. Apoligies for seeming to imply otherwise.

To stay on topic, Conor Quinlan was asked up to the Laois Seniors after his performances in the u21..he didnt go citing that he wasnt ready. Had mark delaneys allegstion been true he wouldnt of been asked.
Knowing Owen Coss he would not put tell a hurler from a small club to leave when they are struggling.

Helix

Quote from: Don Draper on February 23, 2017, 09:19:04 AM
Transfers Byelaws had been approved by National Byelaws Committee last Thursday and now required ratification by Central Council prior to Congress this weekend. In the event of these being ratified, all transfer applications will be circulated next Monday 27 Februaryand processed in accordance with Rule the following week.

Anyone know what the changes made were?

There'll be some craic next week in clubs around the county so.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Don Draper

Quote from: hurlingmad on February 23, 2017, 12:28:51 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on February 23, 2017, 08:53:49 AM

Autistic?

Hi Don, sorry but i did mean artistic, nokia lumia is the phone i have and it auto corrects, i didnt proof read the comment and i also have a brother with autism  and merely meant ut was a created work of fiction. Apoligies for seeming to imply otherwise.

To stay on topic, Conor Quinlan was asked up to the Laois Seniors after his performances in the u21..he didnt go citing that he wasnt ready. Had mark delaneys allegstion been true he wouldnt of been asked.
Knowing Owen Coss he would not put tell a hurler from a small club to leave when they are struggling.
I'll take you at your word.

Keyser Söze

I don't think it was suggested that any of the current management made this remark? If I was to hazard a guess though, I'd say it came from a former U21 management member from a neighbouring club of Conors.
But let's be realistic, "tapping" up of players happens all over the place.

There are a number of vested interests here;

1) The County Board- who don't seem to want to get too involved. They need to tidy things up. Examples being the Portlaoise/DRA thing and also the Gaels amalgamations they allowed through. They have promised to do both.
I also note that they have pledged to help Kyle draft a motion to bring to congress next year that would allow these "Gaels" teams compete at provincial level. This won't be successful, and I don't think it should be. I'd be very sympathetic to the likes of Kyle, BUT, while this change might suit clubs like Kyle it would seriously compromise the integrity of the club championships.

2) The smaller clubs around the county. These are entitled to continue as separate entities for as long as they wish to. They are also entitled to question any proposed outward transfers. Why wouldn't they. They have a duty to their own club first, not to strengthen their more illustrious neighbours.

3) The bigger clubs around the county. These clubs are entitled to want the shot at provincial championship glory should they win a county final. They are also more than entitled to accept players who wish to transfer in.

4) The juvenile situation.......To repeat myself, being allowed to hop into bed with whoever you want at the various age grades is not what the GAA is based upon. It creates unfair advantages and also threatens the long term viability of individual club units.

To sort out some of the mess, some of the following;

1) Clamp down and introduce stricter guidelines for juvenile join ups. All in at every grade OR in exceptional circumstances join at a one off grade with a club from the same catchment area/locality. I travelling across clubs to join with another club, you should need to provide proof that each of the clubs you crossed over rejected your approach. Obviously this would need to be tidier.
The objective should be to get the optimum number of juvenile units, functioning as strong "clubs", not a strong "team" simply because you cobbled together the best of 3/4 clubs. 
There is no future in the strong "team" approach", strong "clubs" are what's needed.

2) When the juvenile system above is up and running, the CB should be active in going out and meeting the adult clubs involved in these juvenile amalgams. Have frank and open discussions with them, outlining possible options as regards a similar arrangement at adult level.

Nobody is forcing anyone to join up at adult level. But there should be a "gentle forcing" of this at juvenile level. Based around the basic idea of (whisper it) what we used to call "parish". It doesn't have to be (whisper it) restricted to parish. But it should be "geographically logical" and "numerically logical".

If we managed to reach a situation where there were long term stable units at juvenile level, we'd be along the way to the same at adult level.

On the hurling side of things there are some very stable juvenile arrangements;

1) Borris Kilcotton
2) Rathdowney Errill
3) Castletown Slieve Bloom
4) Rosenallis
5) The Harps
6) Portlaoise
7) Abbeyleix
Hopefully now Raheen Parish Gaels join them there- St Fintan's would have been on that list.
There are probably more than the above also.

Then there are a few that are mostly stable!
8 ) Clough Ballacolla
9) Camross
8&9 here have been known to jump in with neighbours- see the bedhoppers below.

Then there are those striving for stability like
10) Ballinakill.

Then you have the bedhoppers-
11) Mountrath
12) Ballyfin
13) Clonaslee
14) Mountmellick
15) Park Ratheniska

8,9 and 10 above would/will join the 1-7 easily enough.
11-15 need to be coaxed into deciding they have the numbers to go it alone, or else commit to somebody.
Ballypickas, Kyle and Trumera are probably going to find it difficult to find anyone to accommodate them on equal terms.

Bit of a ramble, but until the juvenile end of things is given more stability, the adult end of things will never have it, and contentious transfers will always be on the agenda.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

hurlingmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 23, 2017, 01:43:00 PM

I don't think it was suggested that any of the current management made this remark? If I was to hazard a guess though, I'd say it came from a former U21 management member from a neighbouring club of Conors.
But let's be realistic, "tapping" up of players happens all over the place.

There are a number of vested interests here;

1) The County Board- who don't seem to want to get too involved. They need to tidy things up. Examples being the Portlaoise/DRA thing and also the Gaels amalgamations they allowed through. They have promised to do both.
I also note that they have pledged to help Kyle draft a motion to bring to congress next year that would allow these "Gaels" teams compete at provincial level. This won't be successful, and I don't think it should be. I'd be very sympathetic to the likes of Kyle, BUT, while this change might suit clubs like Kyle it would seriously compromise the integrity of the club championships.

2) The smaller clubs around the county. These are entitled to continue as separate entities for as long as they wish to. They are also entitled to question any proposed outward transfers. Why wouldn't they. They have a duty to their own club first, not to strengthen their more illustrious neighbours.

3) The bigger clubs around the county. These clubs are entitled to want the shot at provincial championship glory should they win a county final. They are also more than entitled to accept players who wish to transfer in.

4) The juvenile situation.......To repeat myself, being allowed to hop into bed with whoever you want at the various age grades is not what the GAA is based upon. It creates unfair advantages and also threatens the long term viability of individual club units.

To sort out some of the mess, some of the following;

1) Clamp down and introduce stricter guidelines for juvenile join ups. All in at every grade OR in exceptional circumstances join at a one off grade with a club from the same catchment area/locality. I travelling across clubs to join with another club, you should need to provide proof that each of the clubs you crossed over rejected your approach. Obviously this would need to be tidier.
The objective should be to get the optimum number of juvenile units, functioning as strong "clubs", not a strong "team" simply because you cobbled together the best of 3/4 clubs. 
There is no future in the strong "team" approach", strong "clubs" are what's needed.

2) When the juvenile system above is up and running, the CB should be active in going out and meeting the adult clubs involved in these juvenile amalgams. Have frank and open discussions with them, outlining possible options as regards a similar arrangement at adult level.

Nobody is forcing anyone to join up at adult level. But there should be a "gentle forcing" of this at juvenile level. Based around the basic idea of (whisper it) what we used to call "parish". It doesn't have to be (whisper it) restricted to parish. But it should be "geographically logical" and "numerically logical".

If we managed to reach a situation where there were long term stable units at juvenile level, we'd be along the way to the same at adult level.

On the hurling side of things there are some very stable juvenile arrangements;

1) Borris Kilcotton
2) Rathdowney Errill
3) Castletown Slieve Bloom
4) Rosenallis
5) The Harps
6) Portlaoise
7) Abbeyleix
Hopefully now Raheen Parish Gaels join them there- St Fintan's would have been on that list.
There are probably more than the above also.

Then there are a few that are mostly stable!
8 ) Clough Ballacolla
9) Camross
8&9 here have been known to jump in with neighbours- see the bedhoppers below.

Then there are those striving for stability like
10) Ballinakill.

Then you have the bedhoppers-
11) Mountrath
12) Ballyfin
13) Clonaslee
14) Mountmellick
15) Park Ratheniska

8,9 and 10 above would/will join the 1-7 easily enough.
11-15 need to be coaxed into deciding they have the numbers to go it alone, or else commit to somebody.
Ballypickas, Kyle and Trumera are probably going to find it difficult to find anyone to accommodate them on equal terms.

Bit of a ramble, but until the juvenile end of things is given more stability, the adult end of things will never have it, and contentious transfers will always be on the agenda.

For i am only guessing myself and id like to rectify that i dont know who allegedly said what either and i agree with every other word about stability instead of these short marriges

clonadmad

From last nights CB meeting

All Underage Independent Teams and Amalgamations were approved for 2017, although two different concerns were raised insofar as Portarlington delegate believed where Clubs enter into Independent Team alliances that they should commit to this alliance from U12 to 21, whereas Camross delegate wondered the long term values of Independent Teams and should new competition formats and structures be explored with 11 and 13 a side competitions with a view to all Clubs fielding independently in competitions.  Debate ensued on the merits of both suggestions, with population decline in several of our rural clubs dictating  what they affiliate.

Helix

Big transfer in Portlaoise: Manhatten mixer has left the Blue door (old Egan's) to move to coppers. Happy Tuesday  ;D
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

border

Did anyone hear anything from the transfers last night if they went through.

Helix

Quote from: border on February 28, 2017, 12:55:35 PM

Surely have tonne distributed to clubs to either accept or object first?

hurlingmad

Quote from: border on February 28, 2017, 12:55:35 PM
Heard nothing more than a rumor and i have to stress that it mightnt/probably isnt true but heard that Ben Conroy is looking to go to portlaoise and the club are giving him the relevelant documents like address etc...