Author Topic: 2019 Allianz National Hurling League  (Read 10239 times)

SCFC

• View Profile
Re: 2019 Allianz National Hurling League
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2019, 03:01:56 PM »
Also, what purpose does the camogie chick serve, apart from pandering to political correctness??! Dreadful.
I'm.not mad about you describing her as a chick but agree 100% with your post. It's crazy having a camogie player as a pundit on hurling. She was very nervous and I actually felt a bit sorry for her.

Heshs Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »
Also, what purpose does the camogie chick serve, apart from pandering to political correctness??! Dreadful.
I'm.not mad about you describing her as a chick but agree 100% with your post. It's crazy having a camogie player as a pundit on hurling. She was very nervous and I actually felt a bit sorry for her.
Completely disregarding her gender, I thought she really added nothing to the discussion. But you could say the same about plenty of male pundits too. Dessie Dolan would be one I don't get at all.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Mossy Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2019, 04:09:35 PM »
Iíve read the first part of this a few times & still canít get the point you are making.
He is an inter county manager appearing as a pundit on RT…. How is that not a conflict of interest?
The person I think this could damage most is Eddie. Imagine Codyís opinion on this?
When Cody goes, I donít think behaviour like this will be looked on as appropriate in terms of their replacement.

Anyways, hopefully itís not a regular thing and doesnít become a talking point. Nearly sorry I mentioned it now, Steven Miller will probably have a bounty on my head.
Haha! I was thinking the same thing.

blueandwhite1

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »
If he was a teacher or something else besides county manager would we be saying he shouldn't be doing it? He is still a full time Garda too. It's not as if Laois are paying the man millions. I think we should judge him by what he is getting out of the players and how they are responding to him. So far, he has had to deal with a significant number of no-shows by players for different reasons and has managed to get some positivity back into the setup. I know Offaly are struggling but the quality of the Laois performance on Saturday night was higher than it has been in a few years and we have a chance of avoiding relegation next week.

Will Lee Cleere be available next week? Any word on how Cha is doing?

Iíve read the first part of this a few times & still canít get the point you are making.
He is an inter county manager appearing as a pundit on RT…. How is that not a conflict of interest?
The person I think this could damage most is Eddie. Imagine Codyís opinion on this?
When Cody goes, I donít think behaviour like this will be looked on as appropriate in terms of their replacement.

Anyways, hopefully itís not a regular thing and doesnít become a talking point. Nearly sorry I mentioned it now, Steven Miller will probably have a bounty on my head.

My point is that the chap is protecting an income stream for the future. Not sure it's a massive conflict of interest. Lots of other sports have existing managers in semi-punditry mode. Rugby for example.