9. Brian Kennedy; Derrylaughan
10. Conor Shields, Clogher
11. Emmett McNabb, Dromore
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick
13. Tiarnan Drayne, Donaghmore
14. Mattie McGleenan, Eglish
15. Paul Donaghy, Edendork

No canavan, is he on the squad. And no peter og

Canavan still a minor, so as far as I know I don't think he's able to play.
Same age as Antoin Fox at corner back. Think he left the panel, heard because he was playing to much football.

He could be the same age, but Canavan has an extra year at minor. There's a rule of some kind that they can't play for the u20's while they're still minors.

Canavan and Fox are the same age, don't think he even made the panel at the start, had a broken thumb for a while after Christmas. Also Matthew Murnaghan came out of that un17 team and in the un20 squad.

Peter Og came back and done his other hamstring last week. Also can't see Brian Kennedy playing as he also pulled up with hamstring in friendly against Galway last week.

Are hamstring injuries getting more common? Seems to be a lot happening lately both at club and county level lately. Its an injury that seems much more common in GAA than other sports like soccer/rugby etc. I would have thought that with the level of training and conditioning at all levels now these type of injuries would be reducing but it does not seem to be the case.

I remember my Dad telling me  "we didnt have hamstrings in my day" ;D

barelegs

Quote from: The Golden Years on May 25, 2018, 03:00:32 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 24, 2018, 12:07:29 PM
U20 Team v Monaghan:

1. Benny Gallen;Aghyaran
2. Antoin Cox, Loughmacrory
3. Connor Quinn, Galbally
4. Peadar Mullan; Tattyreagh
5. Conal Grimes, Loughmacrory
6. Ryan McCusker, Dromore
7. Cahir Goodwin; Dromore
8. Ruairi Gormley, Strabane
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick

Quite a few names i have never heard of here.  Who would the main players be?  A bit  surprised no Carrickmore players on considering the won the minor double for this particular group of players.

Well to quote Dermot Carlin who is part of the management team from an interview he did with Paddy Hunter on for the Ulster Herald the players he mentioned in order were Kennedy, Donaghy, Quinn, Gallen and McNabb.

The only one I haven't seen play this year was Donaghy. What I've seen of the others they looked the part playing senior football with their clubs.

If they can get over tonight they'll not be too far away when silverware is handed out

Tyrone Gaa

Tyrone got off to a shocker tonight conceding 2 1st half goals but bosses the 2nd half, young Donaghmore lad Drayne impressed of the bench although he probably should of finished a late goal chance. Armagh next. Hopefully we can push on. Well done boys!!
Living the dream!!!

omagh_gael

Couldn't get to it but seen on Twitter that they'd 7 wides in first 22 mins as well! Great turnaround.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: TabClear on May 25, 2018, 04:47:03 PM
Quote from: youhavenofans on May 25, 2018, 09:25:39 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on May 24, 2018, 07:56:34 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 24, 2018, 07:10:51 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on May 24, 2018, 07:05:45 PM
Quote from: redzone on May 24, 2018, 06:25:43 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 24, 2018, 12:07:29 PM
U20 Team v Monaghan:

1. Benny Gallen;Aghyaran
2. Antoin Cox, Loughmacrory
3. Connor Quinn, Galbally
4. Peadar Mullan; Tattyreagh
5. Conal Grimes, Loughmacrory
6. Ryan McCusker, Dromore
7. Cahir Goodwin; Dromore
8. Ruairi Gormley, Strabane
12. Ryan Gray; Trillick

No canavan, is he on the squad. And no peter og

Canavan still a minor, so as far as I know I don't think he's able to play.
Same age as Antoin Fox at corner back. Think he left the panel, heard because he was playing to much football.

He could be the same age, but Canavan has an extra year at minor. There's a rule of some kind that they can't play for the u20's while they're still minors.

Canavan and Fox are the same age, don't think he even made the panel at the start, had a broken thumb for a while after Christmas. Also Matthew Murnaghan came out of that un17 team and in the un20 squad.

Peter Og came back and done his other hamstring last week. Also can't see Brian Kennedy playing as he also pulled up with hamstring in friendly against Galway last week.

Are hamstring injuries getting more common? Seems to be a lot happening lately both at club and county level lately. Its an injury that seems much more common in GAA than other sports like soccer/rugby etc. I would have thought that with the level of training and conditioning at all levels now these type of injuries would be reducing but it does not seem to be the case.

I remember my Dad telling me  "we didnt have hamstrings in my day" ;D

Wouldn't say they are more common, however athletes are getting more powerful at every level. GAA has a major problem, even if I scale it back to my own club, we've a few men with shockingly massive strength which is largely useless for Gaelic Football (these days) and a lot of that contributes to imbalaces that manifest via soft tissue injury.

Anyone can go to their local GAA Club/Gym and be told to squat or deadlift (assuming they are taught correct techniques also), but very few GAA S+C coaches will teach the value of Nordic Curls/Good Mornings etc, these are vital to prevention but not as eye catching as being able to squat over 100kg, admittedly (which is largely also irrelevant for GAA for anyone younger reading this).

Another factor and one nobody really talks about in Ireland is the weather which I think plays a big part in the Hamstring/ACL 'crisis'. We as players don't know what the weather is going to be from one weekend to the next here - hard pitch? Soft pitch? So how can our bodies - take the typical (professional) surfaces of an AFL ground or Premier League pitch - every single one will be pretty much the same, maintained and generally hard to maximise stability. In the GAA we trawl from ground to ground, literally every weekend. Do you know who is accountable for maintaining your home pitch? I don't have a clue. Pitches are left to heal naturally after bad weather and then two days later a herd of 30 men are on them. It's inevitable, the game isn't to blame - it's evolved into semi professionalism at Senior Club level - the facilities are stuck in the 90s (at best). When you play 60 minutes you are breaking your body down for every minute of it (not to be dramatic), injuries are inevitable, add in the shift in power over the last 15 years of the game and that's where we are at now. 21 year olds now can lift more than 35 year olds could back in the 70s/80s.

Went on a rant there.....sorry lads, hopefully it helps someone. Nordic Curls are gods way of preventing H/S issues....

nrico2006

Canavan is still a minor? So is he on the u-17 squad?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

redzone

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2018, 09:02:25 AM
For goodness sake he is a minor at club level which is u18 but not at county level which is u17.

redzone

Great advice on the Nordic curls,GOTB. If someone could get a prevention from hamstring pulls they would be a millionaire. I think a majority of injurys come the back initially

redzone

P.s ruari Gormley from strabane was outstanding last night in the u20 came

nrico2006

Quote from: redzone on May 26, 2018, 09:53:58 AM
For goodness sake he is a minor at club level which is u18 but not at county level which is u17.
So if you are u-18 for club you cant play u-20 for county?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: redzone on May 26, 2018, 10:00:08 AM
P.s ruari Gormley from strabane was outstanding last night in the u20 came

Was going to mention him yesterday as one to watch but never got a chance. Excellent player with a great attitude.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 26, 2018, 10:14:53 AM
Quote from: redzone on May 26, 2018, 09:53:58 AM
So if you are u-18 for club you cant play u-20 for county?
If you're U17 you can't play U20. But Antoin Fox and Mark Murnaghan as well as Canavan are no longer U17 so are eligible to play.
They are still minor for their clubs as Minor age at club level is U18, so they are naturally still playing at that level to.

GaelTheGael

Tyrone won last night without Daniel Kerr or Brian Kennedy. With Conall Grimes, Tiernan Drayne and Peter Og McCartan only coming on and with Emmet McNabb going off injured.
If they could ever get all these men fit and playing they would be in a good position to bring some silverware.
They look to have a seriously strong team and squad with it. I know of other Tyrone teams in the past that didn't cope with losing a few men of this calibre but not a problem with this team which is a great sign.

nrico2006

I remember reading an article below that suggested that you had to be 18 to play u-20, so there was the situation where overage u-17s couldnt play. Must have been inaccurate

GJL