Cavan V Dublin

Started by cavan4ever, February 25, 2008, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Many Dubs travelling down for this one?  I think this could end up similar to the Monaghan game although McKeever will be back so that will be a great help for us.  Hopefully there will be a few others back aswell.

mylestheslasher

Dublin by at least 6 points I reckon. Cavans midfield will not be able to deal with their runners and I have no faith in management to come up with a game plan to counter Dublins.

Stagmeister

Dublin to scrape a 1 or 2 point victory with Bernard Brogan to stand out in a poor scrappy affair...

Hollow Man

QuoteDublin to scrape a 1 or 2 point victory with Bernard Brogan to stand out in a poor scrappy affair...

I'd say he will score a point to win the game from 33 metres with his left foot in the 58th minute as well

mylestheslasher

The game is live on Setanta if anyone can't make it.

Davitt Man

Stagmeister, dublin will hammer Cavan, berno to bag 1-4

dubsnsubs

Are you from Dublin or Cavan Thastheball?? :P

cavan4ever

Quote from: dubsnsubs on February 26, 2008, 09:46:20 AM
Are you from Dublin or Cavan Thastheball?? :P

He is from Cavan. Things aren't half right in the Cavan setup.  A six point defeat would be a good result for us but i can see it being alot more than that.

dubsnsubs

Having attended the Cavan/Monaghan game I would have to agree that Cavan looked brutal. However, the bulk of this Dublin team drew with Carlow, should have been beaten by Longford in O'B cup and struggled past Westmeath in the League. Cavan will not play as bad as against Monaghan again and will no doubt raise their game for the visit of the Dubs. They will probably make a few changes to starting personnel. The league is a funny animal and nothing is certain but I believe Dublin should scrape through but nothing surprises me with the Dubs so ........you never really know!

dubinhell

Quote from: Thastheball on February 26, 2008, 09:41:49 AM
a big beating is in store for us this weekend....bad manager, poor players and a poor attitude, combined together spells disaster.

Are you lads from Kerry or Cavan? Yerra Yerra. Westmeath, Longford and Carlow had thier chance to beat Dublin and Cavan are better than Carlow.

Maguire01

Would certainly open things up in division 2 if Cavan did pull off what would be the shock of the year.

cavan4ever

Quote from: dubinhell on February 26, 2008, 01:17:53 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on February 26, 2008, 09:41:49 AM
a big beating is in store for us this weekend....bad manager, poor players and a poor attitude, combined together spells disaster.

Are you lads from Kerry or Cavan? Yerra Yerra. Westmeath, Longford and Carlow had thier chance to beat Dublin and Cavan are better than Carlow.

I wouldn't bet on it Carlow are probably almost certaintly better organised and coached than Cavan.

dubinhell

Quote from: cavan4ever on February 26, 2008, 01:24:25 PM

I wouldn't bet on it Carlow are probably almost certaintly better organised and coached than Cavan.

Really? What's the problem? People mention infighting but no details given. Shame if its true though.

his holiness nb

Will be there, the Dubs to scrape a tight game.
Ask me holy bollix

Dubh driocht

For those in the North/GB who are subscribed to Setanta via Virgin, you can get the game at 11am on Setanta Sports 2 on sunday morning at 11am