PDF Files

Started by cavan4ever, December 08, 2008, 12:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Anyone know is it possibe to convert a PDF back to word??

thejuice

its not directly possible as far as I know, but if you have one of the latest Adobe Reader, number 8 I think, you can copy and paste the text on the PDF into a Word document
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

cavan4ever

rolloutking

Sounds like someone is plagarising

cavan4ever

Quote from: rolloutking on December 08, 2008, 12:51:31 PM
Sounds like someone is plagarising

No point in reinventing the wheel  ;)

mylestheslasher

I think you can if you have full version of Adode acrobat. It lets you edit the text so that you can copy and paste into word. I don't think the basic "reader" package will allow that - in fact, I just checked and it is not possible. The full version costs money unless  you have a kind friend that will loan you a version.

Hardy

ABBYY FineReader seems to be fairly good. I have a version of it that came with my scanner. It OCRs graphics files into Word very well. My version doesn't handle PDF, but I see you can download a free trial of their Professional version that does - here.

Lar Naparka

You will find a fairly useful converter at www.zamzar.com.
It's fairly simple to use the program and the interface you're presented with is a three part process.
Locate the PDF file you want converted. Clck the format you want to convert your file to ans then okay\y the conversion.
Zamzar will then send you a link, via email, to let you know when the converted file is ready for download.
If things are busy on the zamzar server, it may take a while before the email arrives.
I find it satisfactory, which means it is not without fault; problems can arise if the PDF file you are using was created from an already complex file. It can make a donkey's haemes out of textboxes that were originally created in Word.
But it will do a reasonably good job on a straightforward PDF file.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Gaffer

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 08, 2008, 11:17:30 PM
You will find a fairly useful converter at www.zamzar.com.
It's fairly simple to use the program and the interface you're presented with is a three part process.
Locate the PDF file you want converted. Clck the format you want to convert your file to ans then okay\y the conversion.
Zamzar will then send you a link, via email, to let you know when the converted file is ready for download.
If things are busy on the zamzar server, it may take a while before the email arrives.
I find it satisfactory, which means it is not without fault; problems can arise if the PDF file you are using was created from an already complex file. It can make a donkey's haemes out of textboxes that were originally created in Word.
But it will do a reasonably good job on a straightforward PDF file.

Is this free of charge?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Lar Naparka

Yes, the basic service is.
I have used it to convert PDF files without charge. It does offer a load of other services that I never bothered to look up, but from the sound of it, some of the conversions that are offered will incur a fee. [It offers conversion between loads of formats besides .pdf to .doc.]
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi