Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: God14 on October 22, 2016, 08:33:57 AM
Killyclogher wont challege in Ulster. Tyrone sfc not set up to challenge in this competition, as we have a different entry every year. Whereas in armagh antrim derry for example its the same handful of clubs every year and they are preparing well in advance...

I don't necessarily agree with that summation, I think generally the winner just have not been good enough. Cross have been the best side in Ulster for the past 15 years and have won 8 out of 12 Ulsters in that time. Slaughtneil came out of Derry for the first time in 10 years in 2014 and won Ulster. The only other teams to win Ulster outside Cross between 04-15 have been Galls and Ballinderry. Galls have won an All Ireland in that time. It's not really the Tyrone Championship that has held teams back but the fact that Ulster has had plenty of clubs capable of All Ireland honours. I do agree to a certain extent that come through handy in your county championship and being able to gear for Ulster is a definite advantage but it's not a disadvantage that should render Tyrone clubs as uncompetitive. I think generally Tyrone sides have performed well in Ulster club, they just have came up a little short over the years.

Cross are in decline now and are out, of the sides left in Ulster, only Slaughtneil have won in the history of the competition. The quick turnaround makes Cargin a very tough game for Killyclogher but if they get through that one then they are good enough to win it. With Cross going, it really opens up and it's hard to pick a winner, there are 5 or 6 sides there with little left between them and they are all good enough to win it. Slaughtneil would be my favourites as they had a handy enough Derry final win, they should take care of Derrygonnelly fairly easily and should be able to fire on full cylinders against Cargin/Killyclogher - but that's just the luck of the draw.

I don't see an Ulster club winning an AI this year though, I think that will be the Dublin champs.

Club boi

Kilcoo might have a say in things just don't rule them out

Again, I'm amazed that people are surprised what Coalisland brought to the table last night. Is this not the same manager that was over Cookstown and made them the most hated Club team in Tyrone with their questionable "tactics" !!!!!

Localexpert

Bad night at the office that's for sure.  Obviously we left it behind us the last night. When you go 1 point up in injury time and win the next 3 kickouts you have to hold onto possession and see the game out.

Management obviously took a huge gamble by going man to man and playing without a sweeper in front of Bradley like they did the last day.  By the time management brought on Peter donnelly Bradley had already put on a show and game was ultimately gone.

Games turn on small points and although the fianna can have no complaints hitting the post and missing 2 or 3 other score able opportunities in the first 10 minutes only served to suck our confidence and energy in our lads legs while helping killyclogher.  Also thought we had to work harder for frees during this time most notable point was a short kick out to killyclogher full back which he dropped and when we competed for possession he gave him a very very handy free out which we could have worked a goal from which would have only left 3/4 points in it.

Id like to think mckeever didn't send anyone out with any underhand dirty tactics but I don't know.  However I don't know any team that doesn't have 2 or 3 weaker minded men who wont lash out when things aren't going their own way.

From a tyrone perspective Bradley showed he would be the most effective player inside which you'd like to think micky harte will utilise next year..... here's hoping....

Good luck to killyclogher next week hope they can put a run through the ulster club....

skeog

WBF sitting beside Martin Mc Hugh who failed miserably last Sunday what manager doesnt double up on Michael Murphy.Kilcar lost the run of themselves talking about an Ulster club title. Noticed he went to ground last week. He is a typical sunday game pundit   know all who now has the most expensive  assembled college team in Ireland who me and you WBF could probably win with or go near to winning Sigerson with the Masters Squad at his disposal.

In hiding

Congratulations to Killyclogher, great achievement. Very impressive performance and anything is possible for them from here on

omagh_gael

Let's hope we don't see mark Bradley playing a dooher like role next year. A player of his ability has no place foraging for ball around midfield and trying to link up play. Get him in close to goal playing off a ball winner.

WBF

Quote from: skeog on October 22, 2016, 12:56:44 PM
WBF sitting beside Martin Mc Hugh who failed miserably last Sunday what manager doesnt double up on Michael Murphy.Kilcar lost the run of themselves talking about an Ulster club title. Noticed he went to ground last week. He is a typical sunday game pundit   know all who now has the most expensive  assembled college team in Ireland who me and you WBF could probably win with or go near to winning Sigerson with the Masters Squad at his disposal.

All of that doesn't change the fact he might not be far away about Bradley! Of course it's early days to be saying he's the next canavan but he's the most naturally talented forward in the county IMO. Reminded me of canavan from the treatment he received getting hit late etc yet still looking for the ball and some outrageous scores!

Club boi

Quote from: Localexpert on October 22, 2016, 12:49:54 PM
Bad night at the office that's for sure.  Obviously we left it behind us the last night. When you go 1 point up in injury time and win the next 3 kickouts you have to hold onto possession and see the game out.

Management obviously took a huge gamble by going man to man and playing without a sweeper in front of Bradley like they did the last day.  By the time management brought on Peter donnelly Bradley had already put on a show and game was ultimately gone.

Games turn on small points and although the fianna can have no complaints hitting the post and missing 2 or 3 other score able opportunities in the first 10 minutes only served to suck our confidence and energy in our lads legs while helping killyclogher.  Also thought we had to work harder for frees during this time most notable point was a short kick out to killyclogher full back which he dropped and when we competed for possession he gave him a very very handy free out which we could have worked a goal from which would have only left 3/4 points in it.

Id like to think mckeever didn't send anyone out with any underhand dirty tactics but I don't know.  However I don't know any team that doesn't have 2 or 3 weaker minded men who wont lash out when things aren't going their own way.

From a tyrone perspective Bradley showed he would be the most effective player inside which you'd like to think micky harte will utilise next year..... here's hoping....

Good luck to killyclogher next week hope they can put a run through the ulster club....

What a honest humble response. Fair play to ye Expert

Your probably spot on with a lot of your points, Mark Bradley just a great player and the difference

LeoMc

Thought leaving Donnelly out was a strange one myself, especially as they were starting with 7 men at the back.
Also thought McGahan was used poorly, he dies not have the pace to mark Consl McCann.

KIDDO 4

u16 grade 1 league Dungannon 4.8, Killeeshil 2.10, 15 gone second half

KIDDO 4

4.8 to 2.12 current score , Dungannon 8 down half time

KIDDO 4

Localexpert

Quote from: Club boi on October 22, 2016, 03:18:52 PM

What a honest humble response. Fair play to ye Expert

Your probably spot on with a lot of your points, Mark Bradley just a great player and the difference

He's so sharp with such a low centre of gravity and makes so many runs if he's left one on one with a defender with no sweeper in front of him and no pressure on ball being delivered to him he's going to punish any defender in tyrone.  The last time a player was as devastating as that against the fianna was Stephen o'neill in 2004 and we all know what that confidence did for him in 2005.

On Peter mcgahan his overwhelming strength is aerial ability.  In my opinion the ref allowed conal McCann to half foul him in the air every time.  Fair play to mccann he had to do whatever he could and succeeded but it just showed how philly toners better athleticism was sorely missed.

KIDDO 4

Dungannon 4.12, Killeeshil 2.15 full time u16 league final

Timber Time

Big day for the Dungannon Clarkes
Grade 1 titles at U16 and U13 on the same day