UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthOfThe Bann

Where is Mark Sidebottom gone; he used to come out with some daft stuff but I used to enjoy him; a likable guy.

tiempo

Tommy Nibs must cleaned house after that Cross documentary I'd say, has a remarkable spirit about him, a very cunning linguist, phenomenal modern human being/broadcaster

AnDúnAbú94

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on March 27, 2024, 05:12:35 PMWhere is Mark Sidebottom gone; he used to come out with some daft stuff but I used to enjoy him; a likable guy.

He was on commentary for the Down v Kerry hurling game a few weeks ago on the iPlayer. Was thinking the same when I heard him. Niblock was hosting it.

bennydorano

Quote from: tiempo on March 28, 2024, 03:20:01 PMTommy Nibs must cleaned house after that Cross documentary I'd say, has a remarkable spirit about him, a very cunning linguist, phenomenal modern human being/broadcaster
Interesting.

Is he a poster/lurker here?

AustinPowers

Quote from: tiempo on March 28, 2024, 03:20:01 PMTommy Nibs must cleaned house after that Cross documentary I'd say, has a remarkable spirit about him, a very cunning linguist, phenomenal modern human being/broadcaster

Ooh matron!

Brendan

Quote from: bennydorano on March 28, 2024, 04:36:13 PM
Interesting.

A few things that were talked about in the podcasts thread were mentioned in the gaa social so I'd bet he is

JoG2

Quote from: Brendan on March 28, 2024, 08:57:53 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 28, 2024, 04:36:13 PM
Interesting.

A few things that were talked about in the podcasts thread were mentioned in the gaa social so I'd bet he is

Don't know, he'd have to wade through some amount of dung  ;D

imtommygunn

Ah he's a big shot - bound to have minions do that for him  ;D

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2024, 10:18:31 PMAh he's a big shot - bound to have minions do that for him  ;D

;D a whole department

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tbrick18

I like Sidebottom, seems like a genuinely nice guy and is a real GAA man. He played hurling himself I believe.
But....his commentary is so cheesy it puts me off.

I really like Niblock too, he's obviously knowledgeable and I love the podcast. He's an excellent presenter - not sure about his live commentary skills though.

imtommygunn

Sidebottom was a goalie for years. I think he maybe even came out of retirement to play a bit for st brigids to get them up and running in antrim there. He played for Glenariff.

Armagh18

Quote from: tbrick18 on April 03, 2024, 12:50:07 PMI like Sidebottom, seems like a genuinely nice guy and is a real GAA man. He played hurling himself I believe.

I really like Niblock too, he's obviously knowledgeable and I love the podcast. He's an excellent presenter - not sure about his live commentary skills though.

Niblock and McConville are excellent on the podcast. McConville probably the best analyst around.

tiempo

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 03, 2024, 02:25:02 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on April 03, 2024, 12:50:07 PMI like Sidebottom, seems like a genuinely nice guy and is a real GAA man. He played hurling himself I believe.

Niblock and McConville are excellent on the podcast. McConville probably the best analyst around.

No bother Margaret

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 03, 2024, 01:59:09 PMSidebottom was a goalie for years. I think he maybe even came out of retirement to play a bit for st brigids to get them up and running in antrim there. He played for Glenariff.

He did a bit of goals for Bredagh in their early adult hurling days as well, a gun for hire  ;D