Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

fair play to sidebottom. asked the relevant questions instead of tip toeing round harte  like the irish news, ttm and the tyrone newspapers. mickey couldnt handle it and showed his true colours.

Aaron Boone

Sidebottom asked Harte the stereotyped question about new 2018 tactics. Harte rightly suggested were tactics that bad in 2017 before the Dublin game - they weren't, remember the build-up to that match, was like a final.

Sidebottom then said barstool-like he had only seen the Dublin game. So Harte was within his rights to give out and knew he was being interviewed by a bluffer (hence lazy analysis).

southtyronegael

the dublin game last year was judgement day for the tyrone team and tactics. it failed miserably so obviously we need to change something tactically hence sidebottoms question.

redzone

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 18, 2018, 11:00:14 AM
the dublin game last year was judgement day for the tyrone team and tactics. it failed miserably so obviously we need to change something tactically hence sidebottoms question.
Have the tactics not changed this year?

southtyronegael

Quote from: redzone on February 18, 2018, 11:31:23 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 18, 2018, 11:00:14 AM
Have the tactics not changed this year?
im not so sure that much has changed. but my point was that sidebottom was well within his rights to ask mickey about it.

omagh_gael

I know I shouldn't take the bait but what do you suggest as a tactical alternative, STG? As far as I can see you're a problem picker. Easy place to be picking holes, harder job to offer constructive alternatives.

southtyronegael

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 18, 2018, 11:44:00 AM
I know I shouldn't take the bait but what do you suggest as a tactical alternative, STG? As far as I can see you're a problem picker. Easy place to be picking holes, harder job to offer constructive alternatives.
hard to know where to start but i think the biggest thing we need to do is get back to basics. forget about systems or tactics for now. use training sessions to get our players kicking the ball straight. what work are we doing on man to man marking? high fielding? how much shooting practice do they do? i believe thats why dublin, mayo and kerry are ahead of the pack. good coaching means they have perfected all the basic skills of the
game which leaves them able to play any system or tactics to suit each game. they are flexible. look at the guys jim gavin, eamon fitzmaurice and stephen rochford have in their backroom teams then look at ours. i think mickey has that much of a power grip on things now that it would be nigh on impossible for us make the improvements we need.

redzone

They do all that at their training, Ive seen a few sessions. Sure that's basics
Surely it  was the players fault last year more than hartes. Sure the tactics worked in the previous games, why would we change it for the Dublin game. We couldn't even get a tackle in.
Anyway our big problem is the size of our full forward line. Always juking in behind and not strong enough to win it in front.Look who the teams u mentioned have, we don't have it yet. Would big colly be worth a shot at 14. The ball wouldn't need to be that accurate into him either if he lay on the square. MAybe later. He's needed at midfield thou.  Sludden at c.f is brilliant at running with the ball but either can't or won't look up and hit a long kick pass.

Thebigdog

The fact of the matter is Harte like any other run of the mill div 3 reserve manager picks the team 1-13-1 and that's all he has to offer. The players under his stewardship have not improved one bit. Poor coach and an even worse man manager. The country is laughing at Tyrone. Joke!Joke! Joke!

bigtogs

How long is Ronan O'Neill been on the county panel?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Thebigdog on February 18, 2018, 01:24:30 PM
The fact of the matter is Harte like any other run of the mill div 3 reserve manager picks the team 1-13-1 and that's all he has to offer. The players under his stewardship have not improved one bit. Poor coach and an even worse man manager. The country is laughing at Tyrone. Joke!Joke! Joke!

I'm of the opinion that Mickey has give all he can to Tyrone Gaa and his best days are behind him. But I can't agree with that comment. Harte was a genius of his time, I've no doubt about that, he enhanced what Joe Kernan brought, but as football continues to evolve it's left Mickey behind or Mickey refuses to move with it in his stubbornness.

Tyrone have a talanted group but without a superstar that can drag a team over the line. A new manager might not change that. We have Mickey for 3 years, he won't leave and there is no appetite in the CB to change.
Living the dream!!!

bigtogs

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 18, 2018, 01:57:43 PM

I'm of the opinion that Mickey has give all he can to Tyrone Gaa and his best days are behind him. But I can't agree with that comment. Harte was a genius of his time, I've no doubt about that, he enhanced what Joe Kernan brought, but as football continues to evolve it's left Mickey behind or Mickey refuses to move with it in his stubbornness.

Tyrone have a talanted group but without a superstar that can drag a team over the line. A new manager might not change that. We have Mickey for 3 years, he won't leave and there is no appetite in the CB to change.

Who says he will leave after 3 years......

southtyronegael

Quote from: bigtogs on February 18, 2018, 01:47:15 PM
How long is Ronan O'Neill been on the county panel?
not sure how long but i know the longer he is on it the worse he is getting. prob around 2014?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: bigtogs on February 18, 2018, 02:01:36 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 18, 2018, 01:57:43 PM

Who says he will leave after 3 years......

He might not, that will be decided by the clubs who at this point backed him to do the job. But as this moment in time he has been installed to take Tyrone for 3 years. It will take a brave club to stand up and challenge that to be revoked. It would also require them the support of the majority of clubs which won't happen.

So it might be an idea just to support the team and manager. By the way I thought Mickey should of went but I'm not in a position to change what we have so get behind the team. I commented on the interview because I was worried by his tone and state was the pressure getting to him? Not because I don't support him.
Living the dream!!!

bigtogs

Mickey sure let himself down with that interview....