Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: Manning18 on October 18, 2018, 04:39:15 PM
Quote from: Ballaghman on October 12, 2018, 10:15:59 PM
As for Mayo not being known for big business men at home or abroad? Have you ever been to London or New York? Full of wealthy Mayo men. At home, who do you think owns Portwest, Carraig Donn, McHale machinery, CBE, Smyths toys etc, some clever Galway lads?
Finally your understanding of economics is limited. Mayo has two of the wealthiest towns in Connacht. It also has big businesses and big backers throughout  the county.

I'm not disputing your backing, i'm saying you do a phenomenal job of getting backing. How hard is this to process? Mayo don't have comparable business here or abroad compared to counties like Cork, Kildare, Limerick, Galway, Wicklow etc (and you're deluded if you think they do) but the manage to obtain outside finance far better. Richest Mayo man Charlie Kenny is worth 200m. Plenty of counties can lay claim to billionaires.

Which wealthy towns are you referring to? When I think of wealthy towns in Connacht I think of Barna, Salthill, Oranmore, Rinville, Kinvara, Rosses point & Strandhill. Are there others with a more wealthy populace than these?
your confusing wealth towns with place with wealthy people living there .
west cork or wicklow probable has more millionaire than anywhere else outside of Dublin but they are feck all good to the GAA
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Orchard park

Who is the lad from achill in London, a builder who is tanking Horan  again... ???

I  met him in Galway races before Rochford left and hdvwas insistent he woukd get Horan managing Mayo again this year... I though it was hot air but doesn't seem so now....

Rossfan

No more than our own situation -where's the GAA's ethos when lads with money decide who your manager will be?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 19, 2018, 12:50:49 PM
No more than our own situation -where's the GAA's ethos when lads with money decide who your manager will be?

You should ring them up and tell them you don't want their money

Rossfan

spuds

Quote from: rosnarun on October 19, 2018, 11:22:21 AM
Quote from: Manning18 on October 18, 2018, 04:39:15 PM
Quote from: Ballaghman on October 12, 2018, 10:15:59 PM
As for Mayo not being known for big business men at home or abroad? Have you ever been to London or New York? Full of wealthy Mayo men. At home, who do you think owns Portwest, Carraig Donn, McHale machinery, CBE, Smyths toys etc, some clever Galway lads?
Finally your understanding of economics is limited. Mayo has two of the wealthiest towns in Connacht. It also has big businesses and big backers throughout  the county.

I'm not disputing your backing, i'm saying you do a phenomenal job of getting backing. How hard is this to process? Mayo don't have comparable business here or abroad compared to counties like Cork, Kildare, Limerick, Galway, Wicklow etc (and you're deluded if you think they do) but the manage to obtain outside finance far better. Richest Mayo man Charlie Kenny is worth 200m. Plenty of counties can lay claim to billionaires.

Which wealthy towns are you referring to? When I think of wealthy towns in Connacht I think of Barna, Salthill, Oranmore, Rinville, Kinvara, Rosses point & Strandhill. Are there others with a more wealthy populace than these?
your confusing wealth towns with place with wealthy people living there .
west cork or wicklow probable has more millionaire than anywhere else outside of Dublin but they are feck all good to the GAA

Never mind this ladeen sure he thinks he is getting some reflected glory with all this talk of wealthy Galwegians.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Tubberman

Quote from: Orchard park on October 19, 2018, 11:27:08 AM
Who is the lad from achill in London, a builder who is tanking Horan  again... ???

I  met him in Galway races before Rochford left and hdvwas insistent he woukd get Horan managing Mayo again this year... I though it was hot air but doesn't seem so now....

Eddie Doran will be captain this year too.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Randy

Carey London?

Orchard park

Quote from: Randy on October 19, 2018, 02:28:39 PM

Carey London?

no idea, from achill and into construction / engineering business, cash heavy anyways. I met him with Tom Doran

Syferus

Do you mean the unmitigated eejit who built Achillhenge

If that's what we're up against I may as well book the hotel room for Salthill for the Connacht final

Orchard park

no I dont

he was  Joe mcnamara and i'd remember him

this lad was  mega money territory and from talk afterwards has been mayos version of  Ballymore Mulryan

Rossfan

With eejiteen's record of predictions we won't be making the Connacht Final next year :-\

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 19, 2018, 05:07:34 PM
With eejiteen's record of predictions we won't be making the Connacht Final next year :-\

Says the cowboy who keeps predicting the wrong manager

Rossfan

At least I knew your hero was going to resign ;D
Sure you're still in denial.
As for the new man -my mate in the CB ;) was sure there was a done deal earlier in the week.
I don't recall making any predictions other than wishing that nice man Mr. Dineen would get it.

larryin89

Quote from: Orchard park on October 19, 2018, 04:44:34 PM
no I dont

he was  Joe mcnamara and i'd remember him

this lad was  mega money territory and from talk afterwards has been mayos version of  Ballymore Mulryan

The only big time subby in London from achill I can think of would be Mickey Masterson (getjar ) . Good buck to work for but so are most subbys from achill . ICDS a massive recruitment firm mostly in construction are also achill men behind it , they supply men all over here , UK and Europe . Not sure who they are though tbh
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .