Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballaghman

Quote from: spuds on October 19, 2018, 01:46:18 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on October 19, 2018, 11:22:21 AM
Quote from: Manning18 on October 18, 2018, 04:39:15 PM
Quote from: Ballaghman on October 12, 2018, 10:15:59 PM
As for Mayo not being known for big business men at home or abroad? Have you ever been to London or New York? Full of wealthy Mayo men. At home, who do you think owns Portwest, Carraig Donn, McHale machinery, CBE, Smyths toys etc, some clever Galway lads?
Finally your understanding of economics is limited. Mayo has two of the wealthiest towns in Connacht. It also has big businesses and big backers throughout  the county.

I'm not disputing your backing, i'm saying you do a phenomenal job of getting backing. How hard is this to process? Mayo don't have comparable business here or abroad compared to counties like Cork, Kildare, Limerick, Galway, Wicklow etc (and you're deluded if you think they do) but the manage to obtain outside finance far better. Richest Mayo man Charlie Kenny is worth 200m. Plenty of counties can lay claim to billionaires.

Which wealthy towns are you referring to? When I think of wealthy towns in Connacht I think of Barna, Salthill, Oranmore, Rinville, Kinvara, Rosses point & Strandhill. Are there others with a more wealthy populace than these?
your confusing wealth towns with place with wealthy people living there .
west cork or wicklow probable has more millionaire than anywhere else outside of Dublin but they are feck all good to the GAA

Never mind this ladeen sure he thinks he is getting some reflected glory with all this talk of wealthy Galwegians.
Yeah I've chosen the ignore option too. The poor lad lists off the wealthiest towns in Connacht and manages to leave the Mayo ones off the list. Maybe poor oul Westport will make it into Rinville's league someday!

Smurfy123

Question for the Mayo folk
Why is it whatever mayo do under Horan is all over the press? He has a lot of links to the media but Jesus nobody cares who trialed with mayo. Looks like Horan has a fixation with the press and how he can get as much publicity as possible. James the bluffer Horan

Syferus

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 31, 2018, 06:03:11 PM
Question for the Mayo folk
Why is it whatever mayo do under Horan is all over the press? He has a lot of links to the media but Jesus nobody cares who trialed with mayo. Looks like Horan has a fixation with the press and how he can get as much publicity as possible. James the bluffer Horan

You tell them, Smurfy

Smurfy123

Is it not correct. Horan goes to the shop he makes sure it's all over the press. Big interview 2 weeks ago about him holding trial matches and all the big names were going. So what! It happens everywhere but only in mayo does it make headlines. Horan loves the limelight.

JoG2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 31, 2018, 10:26:54 PM
Is it not correct. Horan goes to the shop he makes sure it's all over the press. Big interview 2 weeks ago about him holding trial matches and all the big names were going. So what! It happens everywhere but only in mayo does it make headlines. Horan loves the limelight.

Sir, do you have anything positive to say about anyone / anything? A melter as they'd say up in Derry City

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 31, 2018, 10:26:54 PM

People write the articles to harvest the clicks from the likes of yourself who cannot wait to read the article so they can proclaim exactly how much they don't care.
Hasta la victoria siempre

Smurfy123

No I don't care what they do but always stumble over what mayo are doing. Since Horan has taken over he has hogged the limelight. He has to remember it's not about him it's about mayo. What other intercounty manager gets as much airtime? Jog2 shut up ya melon head.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 01, 2018, 07:08:13 AM
No I don't care what they do but always stumble over what mayo are doing. Since Horan has taken over he has hogged the limelight. He has to remember it's not about him it's about mayo. What other intercounty manager gets as much airtime? Jog2 shut up ya melon head.

So maybe someone needs to rename this thread so you are aware it's about Mayo.

Then you should be able to steer clear
Hasta la victoria siempre

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 01, 2018, 07:08:13 AM

As Syf himself said, who cares? If you don't care, don't read.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Goalkeepers:
Rob Hennelly (Breaffy)
David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
Michael Schlingerman (Kiltimagh)

Defenders:
Ben Doyle (Westport)
Cian Burke (Ardnaree)
James McCormack (Claremorris)
Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunus)
Colm Boyle (Davitts)
Caolan Crowe (Garrymore)
Lee Keegan (Westport)
Donal Vaughan (Castlebar Mitchels)
Patrick Durcan (Castlebar Mitchels)
Ger Cafferkey (Ballina Stephenites)
Cathal Horan (Kilmovee)
Chris Barrett (Belmullet)
Eoin O' Donoghue (Belmullet)
Brendan Harrison (Aughamore)
Stephen Coen (Hollymount)
Brian Murphy (Ballintubber)
Michael Plunkett (Ballintubber)
David Drake (Ballaghadreen)

Midfielders:
Jason Gibbons (Ballintubber)
Seamus O Shea (Breaffy)
Matthew Ruane (Breaffy)
Fionn McDonagh (Westport)
Diarmuid O Connor (Ballintubber)

Forwards:
Andy Moran (Ballaghadreen)
Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)
Cillian O Connor (Ballintubber)
Kevin McGloughlan (Knockmore)
Conor Loftus (Crossmolina)
Evan Regan (Ballina)
Aidan O Shea (Breaffy)
Conor Diskin (Claremorris)
Tommy Conroy (Kiltane)
James Carr (Ardagh)
James Durcan (Castlebar)
James Kelly (Belmullet)
Ryan O' Donoghue (Belmullet)
Colm Moran (Westport)
Oisin McGloughlin (Westport)
Fergal Boland (Aughamore)
Aidan O' Sullivan (The Neale)
Darren Coen (Hollymount

Ciaran Treacy (Ballina )

Mikey Murray (Ballina)

Rumoured panel according to the legendary "ah ref "
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Gael85

Has Schlingermann given up the soccer? I remember him playing minor for Mayo around 09/2010.

Syferus

Everyone in Ballaghadereen must be laughing their holes off at the idea that David Drake is good enough to not only make Mayo panel's but get playing time but Akram isn't. Same old Horan. Same old result.

spuds

Quote from: Syferus on November 04, 2018, 01:38:14 AM
Everyone in Ballaghadereen must be laughing their holes off at the idea that David Drake is good enough to not only make Mayo panel's but get playing time but Akram isn't. Same old Horan. Same old result.
Only laughing going on in Ballaghadereen is at the Rossies selling houses and no one to drive their big blue bus.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Cunny Funt

Someone needs to tell the ah ref chap that the surname is McLoughlin instead of McGloughlan.

Syferus

Quote from: spuds on November 04, 2018, 01:44:04 AM
Quote from: Syferus on November 04, 2018, 01:38:14 AM
Only laughing going on in Ballaghadereen is at the Rossies selling houses and no one to drive their big blue bus.

I didn't know the manager drove the bus

You seem to have a real passion for Roscommon football