Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

QuoteHe did have Connacht Senior Football Championship success along the way before stepping down in August of this year.

Wins over London and Sligo regarded as success?

Rossfan

Sure he has to take some oul job seeing as he failed to land the Ros manager one.
I hear we've landed our new man. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 17, 2018, 01:05:27 AM
Sure he has to take some oul job seeing as he failed to land the Ros manager one.
I hear we've landed our new man. ;)

If you keep saying it you'll eventually be right

Rossfan

Never said it before.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Maroon Manc

Anthony Rainbow for Roscommon? Is he in charge of Ballyboden? Watched their game on youtube the other day and could have sworn I heard he was in charge of them

larryin89

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 17, 2018, 01:07:54 PM
Anthony Rainbow for Roscommon? Is he in charge of Ballyboden? Watched their game on youtube the other day and could have sworn I heard he was in charge of them

Yep in charge of boDen , what years was he with Carlow ? Was with sarsfields(Kildare) for two years .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on October 17, 2018, 01:27:43 PM

Yep in charge of boDen , what years was he with Carlow ? Was with sarsfields(Kildare) for two years .

2013/14 with Carlow. Managed to finished bottom of div 4 with them and conceded 7 goals in the championship to Meath. He was only a selector with sarsfields.

Tubberman

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 17, 2018, 02:07:10 PM

2013/14 with Carlow. Managed to finished bottom of div 4 with them and conceded 7 goals in the championship to Meath. He was only a selector with sarsfields.

A good fit so.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on October 17, 2018, 02:40:51 PM

A good fit so.

He's won as many AIs as James Horan and Cillian O'Connor combined.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on October 17, 2018, 03:15:58 PM

A good fit so.

They have a fair few Connacht winning medals though  .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Franko

Quote from: Syferus on October 17, 2018, 03:15:58 PM

A good fit so.

But, unlike those lads, he's clearly not particularly interested in increasing that tally.

Itchy

Whats all ireland medals won as a player got to do with All ireland won as a manager? Pretty much feck all. Except in Syphillis fantasy world.

Rossfan

Apple gone back to the tree I believe :-\

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Manning18

Quote from: Ballaghman on October 12, 2018, 10:15:59 PM
As for Mayo not being known for big business men at home or abroad? Have you ever been to London or New York? Full of wealthy Mayo men. At home, who do you think owns Portwest, Carraig Donn, McHale machinery, CBE, Smyths toys etc, some clever Galway lads?
Finally your understanding of economics is limited. Mayo has two of the wealthiest towns in Connacht. It also has big businesses and big backers throughout  the county.

I'm not disputing your backing, i'm saying you do a phenomenal job of getting backing. How hard is this to process? Mayo don't have comparable business here or abroad compared to counties like Cork, Kildare, Limerick, Galway, Wicklow etc (and you're deluded if you think they do) but the manage to obtain outside finance far better. Richest Mayo man Charlie Kenny is worth 200m. Plenty of counties can lay claim to billionaires.

Which wealthy towns are you referring to? When I think of wealthy towns in Connacht I think of Barna, Salthill, Oranmore, Rinville, Kinvara, Rosses point & Strandhill. Are there others with a more wealthy populace than these?