AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkunlon

Normally when an Ulshter team are in the All Ireland we close ranks and cheer on our own. This year I've heard Ulshter man after Ulshter man expressing a will for Mayo to triumph. It makes me ponder....are Tyrone a bunch of hateful koontz?

dublin7

Tyrone were worthy winners. Shot selection/decision making/skill levels were piss piss poor form Mayo while Tyrone made their chances count.

What did Mayo work on in training all season. The pressure came on today and the Mayo forwards were embarrassingly bad . Didn't want to know and  when pressure came on tonight.

Serious questions need to be asked of Horan and his mangement team. Shambolic is the only way to describe that Mayo performance and once again Aidan O'Shea scores nothing on All Ireland finals day when the pressure osoon

tyrone08

Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 01:20:35 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 09, 2021, 01:11:35 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2021, 10:04:26 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 09:24:42 AM
The intensity they brought to the kerry game was good but just as much about Kerry's lack of intensity (donnie buckley replaced by mountain climber ) .  Mayo players wont just match Tyrone intensity they'll murder them . Some of these bucks like o hora and mullin are off the scale in this department , you'll see .

I must be in the minority but I thought Kerry played well in the semi and I didn't think they lacked intensity.
You only have to look at the pressure they exerted on the Tyrone kick outs and their harrying of the Tyrone defenders.
Maybe that was the Tyrone master plan, let Kerry burn themselves out. It is what they did with Clifford, let him kick points until is leg got too tired.

Shame they didnt put some pressure on the goal scorers from Tyrone.  Kerry were shite and Tyrone aren't much better , like I've said a million times you'll see sat , our bucks will makes bits of them

Good lad Larry. It's cause of fans like you and coffee shops in mayo giving out free drinks cause use were certain you won win that cost mayothst game. Constantly hyping up teams which never make it over the line. I can guess Lee Keegan isn't smiling in mckennas face anymore tonight.

mouview

Quote from: dublin7 on September 12, 2021, 12:48:51 AM
Tyrone were worthy winners. Shot selection/decision making/skill levels were piss piss poor form Mayo while Tyrone made their chances count.

What did Mayo work on in training all season. The pressure came on today and the Mayo forwards were embarrassingly bad . Didn't want to know and  when pressure came on tonight.

Serious questions need to be asked of Horan and his mangement team. Shambolic is the only way to describe that Mayo performance and once again Aidan O'Shea scores nothing on All Ireland finals day when the pressure osoon

Overcoming Dublin I suppose...

dublin7

Quote from: mouview on September 12, 2021, 12:55:16 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 12, 2021, 12:48:51 AM

Overcoming Dublin I suppose...

Did they though. They needed a dodgy referees decision just to get to extra time to beat the dubs.

Embarrassing from the Mayo forward line today. Yet again their piss poor forwards have been found out on the big day

armaghniac

Quote from: dublin7 on September 12, 2021, 01:00:10 AM
Embarrassing from the Mayo forward line today. Yet again their piss poor forwards have been found out on the big day

Fortunately, those piss poor forwards were good enough to beat overfunded Dublin.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dublin7

Quote from: armaghniac on September 12, 2021, 01:08:11 AM

Fortunately, those piss poor forwards were good enough to beat overfunded Dublin.

How many All Ireland titles/medals have those Dublin players? This year you had a Dublin squad who were running on empty and their priorities were other things than winning another All Ireland.

The reality is this Mayo squad isn't anywhere near the quality of the sides that pushed Dublin so close and they are as far away from winning Sam as they've ever been

Main Street

When Dublin were knocked out this year there some hope that  some of the begrudging ballbags that support them would also be knocked out, but no, the attention seeking gurriers still linger past their sell time date to squeal about their petty grievances.

macdanger2

Jesus lads, I'm sick

Well done to all the Tyronies on here, the better team on the day won. Enjoy it lads

We'll come again as unlikely as that may seem tonight. Maigh Eo abú

highorlow

Congratulations Tyrone, I'm just in the door after a long day. Deserved winners and no complaints from our side.

I thought this year would be ours. Worthy champions Tyrone, enjoy the celebrations.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

dublin7

Quote from: Main Street on September 12, 2021, 02:12:29 AM
When Dublin were knocked out this year there some hope that  some of the begrudging ballbags that support them would also be knocked out, but no, the attention seeking gurriers still linger past their sell time date to squeal about their petty grievances.

Well done you. You've somehow managed to have to have a dig at the dubs after an All Ireland final between Mayo and Tyrone. That's some serious bitterness there lad

Crete Boom

Well done Tyrone better team won no question.
I thought you tightened up a tiny bit after the second goal and left the door slighty ajar for us but not long after you realised we were stuck in panic mode and drove it home with ease.
We were poor, error strewn on and off the pitch and seemed to be fighting against ourseleves as well as Tyrone to try and get into the game.
The scars from previous final losses I thought were evident today especially after the penalty miss when the harder we were trying the deeper we sank into a hole we couldn't get out of!
The second goal from Tyrone was quality and delivered at the perfect time and for me summed up the composure all Tyrone players showed once they got to the pitch of the game.
I feel for O'Shea as he is the lighting rod for all the annoyance of other counties who are sick of us wasting our chances in finals over and over again. Truth be told his time is likely done with Mayo now.
Horan needs to keep the youth drive going and I think Stephen Coen had quietly a great season for us.
One thing we haven't got right all season is our half forward line, from the very first league game it has been inconsistent in both play and selection.

Lastly to the couple of Dubs posters on here money can move you up a class but you are great example how money can never seem to buy you class.

Crete Boom

Quote from: tyrone08 on September 12, 2021, 12:51:22 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 01:20:35 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 09, 2021, 01:11:35 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2021, 10:04:26 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 09:24:42 AM
The intensity they brought to the kerry game was good but just as much about Kerry's lack of intensity (donnie buckley replaced by mountain climber ) .  Mayo players wont just match Tyrone intensity they'll murder them . Some of these bucks like o hora and mullin are off the scale in this department , you'll see .

I must be in the minority but I thought Kerry played well in the semi and I didn't think they lacked intensity.
You only have to look at the pressure they exerted on the Tyrone kick outs and their harrying of the Tyrone defenders.
Maybe that was the Tyrone master plan, let Kerry burn themselves out. It is what they did with Clifford, let him kick points until is leg got too tired.

Shame they didnt put some pressure on the goal scorers from Tyrone.  Kerry were shite and Tyrone aren't much better , like I've said a million times you'll see sat , our bucks will makes bits of them

Good lad Larry. It's cause of fans like you and coffee shops in mayo giving out free drinks cause use were certain you won win that cost mayothst game. Constantly hyping up teams which never make it over the line. I can guess Lee Keegan isn't smiling in mckennas face anymore tonight.

I know is probably over exhurberance after your deserved win but this post is complete horseshit in fairness. Enjoy the celebrations anyway though.

macdanger2

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 12, 2021, 02:44:51 AM
Well done Tyrone better team won no question.
I thought you tightened up a tiny bit after the second goal and left the door slighty ajar for us but not long after you realised we were stuck in panic mode and drove it home with ease.
We were poor, error strewn on and off the pitch and seemed to be fighting against ourseleves as well as Tyrone to try and get into the game.
The scars from previous final losses I thought were evident today especially after the penalty miss when the harder we were trying the deeper we sank into a hole we couldn't get out of!
The second goal from Tyrone was quality and delivered at the perfect time and for me summed up the composure all Tyrone players showed once they got to the pitch of the game.
I feel for O'Shea as he is the lighting rod for all the annoyance of other counties who are sick of us wasting our chances in finals over and over again. Truth be told his time is likely done with Mayo now.
Horan needs to keep the youth drive going and I think Stephen Coen had quietly a great season for us.
One thing we haven't got right all season is our half forward line, from the very first league game it has been inconsistent in both play and selection.

Lastly to the couple of Dubs posters on here money can move you up a class but you are great example how money can never seem to buy you class.
[/b]

Good post Crete but unfair, the dubs posters you reference aren't reflective of the real supporters here like hound, the hill is blue, etc. All decent gaa people and dead sound.

We lost today but we'll be back, we know no other way

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: dublin7 on September 12, 2021, 01:33:10 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 12, 2021, 01:08:11 AM

How many All Ireland titles/medals have those Dublin players? This year you had a Dublin squad who were running on empty and their priorities were other things than winning another All Ireland.

The reality is this Mayo squad isn't anywhere near the quality of the sides that pushed Dublin so close and they are as far away from winning Sam as they've ever been
That's the poorest excuse I've ever heard. Their priorities were other things. That's a cracker  ;D ;D ;D