AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Can RTE really not find any other Tyrone ex-players to get on? Cavanagh is hard enough to listen to just once, but him being on both for the live game and the highlights show is really pushing it.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: Schkite on September 11, 2021, 10:31:52 PM
Can RTE really not find any other Tyrone ex-players to get on? Cavanagh is hard enough to listen to just once, but him being on both for the live game and the highlights show is really pushing it.

It seems to go by playing ability unfortunately. Tomás Ó Sé is quite good in fairness, but Gooch is not great for instance.

Enda McGinley would be an excellent contributor, very intelligent.

thewobbler

McGinley is an excellent analyst. Very similar to Oisin McConville.

nrico2006

Quote from: whitey on September 11, 2021, 10:04:59 PM
Quote from: shawshank on September 11, 2021, 09:42:56 PM
This is a final where the analysis is simple.  A story of one team taking their goal chances the other didn't. The result would be been reversed if Mayo took their gl chances and Tyrone had not. Congratulations Tyrone on a deserved All Ireland

What do you think?

Mayo

A missed penalty (0 goals)

2 clear cut goal chances (0 goals)

2 half chances (0 goals)

Tyrone

2 clear cut goal chances (1 goal)

1 half chance (1 goal)

Tyrone had 3 clear cut goal chances.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

fearsiuil

Fair play Tyrone, deserving winners. More composed on the ball and better organised. Defensively impressive. Enjoy the celebrations, sound group of Tyronies around us. We were very poor, turned over consistently and forcing play. Credit the pressure on us all game long.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: HokeyPokey on September 11, 2021, 10:39:38 PM
Quote from: Schkite on September 11, 2021, 10:31:52 PM

It seems to go by playing ability unfortunately. Tomás Ó Sé is quite good in fairness, but Gooch is not great for instance.

Enda McGinley would be an excellent contributor, very intelligent.

Gooch is excellent you fool, he knows his stuff

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 11, 2021, 08:53:27 PM
Well Done Tyrone! Who would have thought earlier on in the year!

The better team won today and Mayo Posters need to such it up and move on.

Talk of the worst team ever to win an AI is poor form.

This team has won the AI on merit. Talk of how great they are lies in the years ahead.

But today they are the best in Ireland.

Once again well done Tyrone and enjoy the celebrations into the new year.

That's real class From the Bunker, fair play to you.

Still hard to believe for me. I called for Mickey to go in recent years because I believed - despite his fantastic service and huge knowledge - that his conservatism and micro management was holding a good team back. But I never believed that simply changing management would sort everything and I felt any new manager would need time to implement their ideas. For Logan and Dooher and co to have done this in a hugely shortened season is incredible.

Small margins again but I do think we deserved it. We'll enjoy this first and who knows what the future holds, but tantalising to think what we could do with a fully fit McShane at full forward after a run of games and likewise Canavan properly bedded in and a role found for McKenna that maximises his considerable talent. This team can still be better.

My condolences to Mayo. Form guide was so limited that it was hard to be sure what to read into the semis. I did wonder were Dublin 2021 really not that great. Maybe not, but today did suggest Mayo were perhaps over rated on the back of that win. I wish Mayo all the best though and I hope their day comes very soon.

To everyone associated with Tyrone: congratulations  :D

OakLeaf

Quote from: shawshank on September 11, 2021, 09:42:56 PM
This is a final where the analysis is simple.  A story of one team taking their goal chances the other didn't. The result would be been reversed if Mayo took their gl chances and Tyrone had not. Congratulations Tyrone on a deserved All Ireland

Very lazy analysis. Tyrone were always In control of the game. If Mayo had scored a goal (a big if) Tyrone would almost certainly have come back.. As a Derry man it pains me to say Tyrone were in a different class today. They fully deserved it. No ifs, no buts.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: thewobbler on September 11, 2021, 10:44:32 PM
McGinley is an excellent analyst. Very similar to Oisin McConville.

I agree, also  Declan Bogue and Thomas O Se. Their podcasts are thuraly enjoyable.

ONeill

Bogue is possibly the best GAA journalist out there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on September 12, 2021, 12:09:14 AM
https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/no-more-excuses-please-from-footballs-great-time-wasters-40841976.html

Brolly lettin rip....

Funny he thought they were the best thing since sliced bread after the Dublin game. Joe goes with the wind.

cjx

Quote from: red hander on September 11, 2021, 08:34:55 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on September 11, 2021, 08:26:57 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on September 11, 2021, 08:19:57 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 11, 2021, 07:51:55 PM
They never mentioned it in commentary or on rte at all but I thought Morgan was off his goal line before the penalty was taken. Should it not have been retaken?

You watch too much soccer.
They have a point
(b) For the goalkeeper defending a penalty kick to
move nearer than 11m before the kick is taken.
PENALTY -
If a goal is not scored, the referee shall
allow the penalty kick to be retaken.
Although i don't think i've ever seen it enforced in GAA

Look out. The Bottom Inspectors are in the building. Clench those cheeks.
Key point about the penalty was that Conn Kilpatirck was fouled when catching the ball, pushed from behind by Conroy I think, when the, very bad, free was kicked in. It should have been a free out. So justice was done in the end.

BennyCake

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 12, 2021, 12:19:45 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 12, 2021, 12:09:14 AM
https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/no-more-excuses-please-from-footballs-great-time-wasters-40841976.html

Brolly lettin rip....

Funny he thought they were the best thing since sliced bread after the Dublin game. Joe goes with the wind.

Funny he thought Mayo were dysfunctional before the Dublin semi and Dublin would destroy them. Then he produced no column the week after when Mayo beat them. Funny that. Asshole.