AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Hound on September 11, 2021, 07:39:43 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on September 11, 2021, 07:36:27 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 11, 2021, 06:53:43 PM
And also, without any doubt whatsoever, Lee Keegan is the greatest player never to win an All Ireland. Might well be the greatest player ever. He's just extraordinary.
The greatest player ever hahahahahhahaha
Certainly in the running for the greatest defender ever. I can't think of a better one from the last 30 years, although a few you could throw in the mix.
Not good enough at kicking points or even foot passing to be in the mix for greatest player ever.
Not even close

Rudi

Quote from: whitey on September 11, 2021, 07:13:32 PM
Quote from: Rudi on September 11, 2021, 07:12:38 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 11, 2021, 07:03:59 PM
Quote from: Hound on September 11, 2021, 07:01:47 PM
Donegal lad behind Hampsey making a show of himself and his county 😆

Nothing to do with the rest of us.

I expect his family will be mortified though.

What a gobshite.

Spoiled rotten brat with rich parents, could do with a good kick up the hole.

What did he do?

(I couldn't watch any more)

Let's say he made it obvious he was from Donegal & hated Tyrone. Mayo headband with various finger gestures. If he was my own lad I bate him senseless. I live in Donegal & they have no love for Tyrone or Mayo after the way their supporters were treated by Mayo ones in the quarter final 2013.

delgany

Quote from: sid waddell on September 11, 2021, 07:56:12 PM
Worst final defeat ever. Mayo defeated themselves. They played the occasion, not the match.

I can only rationalise it by thinking that Mayo have Stockholm Syndrome and their identity is too attached to losing finals. This is one they should never have lost. They had the winning of that match and then some. They should have been winning it by seven or eight points.

All this has to stop. It's too painful for the rest of the country, never mind Mayo.

Tyrone are the most average team to win an All-Ireland for a loooong time.

Mayo needed to turn up.in the first instance. And take the blind fold off  ffs,  Tyrone stood up when it counted

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 11, 2021, 07:58:51 PM
Worst final defeat ever. Mayo defeated themselves. They played the occasion, not the match.

I can only rationalise it by thinking that Mayo have Stockholm Syndrome and their identity is too attached to losing finals. This is one they should never have lost. They had the winning of that match and then some. They should have been winning it by seven or eight points.

All this has to stop. It's too painful for the rest of the country, never mind Mayo.

What in the name of God are you on about. Tyrone were the far better team. This glorification of Mayo needs to stop. It really does. They were very average.
Mayo were comfortably the better team for the first 25 minutes and butchered two gilt edged goal chances. Again Mayo totally dominated the first 25 minutes of the second half and proceeded to butcher pretty much every chance they got, which was a lot. Tyrone got two sucker punch goals. Harte's mark was the key play in staving off a comeback.

Tyrone won because they made few mistakes. Mayo's game was a tale of utter butchery.

They may throw their collective hats at it now.

imtommygunn

That is nonsense Sid. The better team won. They were the better team by a good bit. How many Mayo players won their individual battles?

ONeill

Quote from: sid waddell on September 11, 2021, 08:07:20 PM

What in the name of God are you on about. Tyrone were the far better team. This glorification of Mayo needs to stop. It really does. They were very average.
Mayo were comfortably the better team for the first 25 minutes and butchered two gilt edged goal chances. Again Mayo totally dominated the first 25 minutes of the second half and proceeded to butcher pretty much every chance they got, which was a lot. Tyrone got two sucker punch goals. Harte's mark was the key play in staving off a comeback.

Tyrone won because they made few mistakes. Mayo's game was a tale of utter butchery.

You're usually not far off, but that's a bit off.

Game was played on Tyrone's terms for about 60 mins of the 77.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dublin7

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2021, 08:09:20 PM
That is nonsense Sid. The better team won. They were the better team by a good bit. How many Mayo players won their individual battles?

None of the forwards (except O'Donoghue)

It was groundhog day. Like all the All Irelands against Dublin they can compete all over the pitch but when it come to forwards who can kick a point they are a long way short

red hander

Quote from: ONeill on September 11, 2021, 07:54:26 PM
What I liked about this was that the management kept McKenna on, knowing he was probably good for one moment. Same as McCurry in the semi. Under Harte, they'd have been hooked.

Excellent performances from McKernan, Hampsey, Harte and Sludden. Two mids had their best game.

Feel for Mayo people.

I was crying for McKenna to be subbed just before he set up goal, was having a poor game. Shows what I know. Midfield was excellent, but look back on it, Petey was superb.

imtommygunn

Quote from: ONeill on September 11, 2021, 08:11:38 PM

Yep agree with this. I wanted Mayo to win but they just weren't good enough individually or collectively.

RedHand88

Absolute nonsense.
Wise up. Tyrone were the better team and it never really was in doubt after the penalty miss. That was our easiest all ireland final win by a stretch!

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: ONeill on September 11, 2021, 08:11:38 PM

Yeah, Tyrone were comfortable all evening.

Mayo were butchering chances because they were shite all evening. One of their worst AI final performances. Peak 6 in a row Dublin or Tyrone of 15 years ago would've beat them by 20 points. They were that bad.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 11, 2021, 07:51:55 PM
They never mentioned it in commentary or on rte at all but I thought Morgan was off his goal line before the penalty was taken. Should it not have been retaken?

You watch too much soccer.

weareros

Congrats to Tyrone. Felt apart from a good start by Mayo, Tyrone looked the more cohesive team after that and played some outstanding football, and took some really great scores. They had some poor wides in the 3rd but McShane's goal settled them.  Very tough on Mayo to lose another All-Ireland. They had too many players that seemed to play with fear, indecisive in front of goals, and their bench as had been noted in advance did not have quality of Tyrone. Old warriors like Keegan did level best to rally them. He is a credit to the county. Their traditional game plan was not effective against Tyrone backs and there wasn't a plan B. A final word on Tyrone - they are simply great GAA people and the treatment by GAA HQ was not right. They were almost gone by out of touch administrators. They are an example to every county on how to stand up for themselves. They full deserve to be called best team in the land today. And as we know in Ros, Mayo will always be back. And fair play to them, too.

Nanderson

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on September 11, 2021, 08:19:57 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on September 11, 2021, 07:51:55 PM
They never mentioned it in commentary or on rte at all but I thought Morgan was off his goal line before the penalty was taken. Should it not have been retaken?

You watch too much soccer.
They have a point
(b) For the goalkeeper defending a penalty kick to
move nearer than 11m before the kick is taken.
PENALTY -
If a goal is not scored, the referee shall
allow the penalty kick to be retaken.
Although i don't think i've ever seen it enforced in GAA

Itchy

Well done Tyrone, best team by a long way and while Mayo left a few scores behind them so did Tyrone. Mayo I an afraid, just have a mental issue around the big day. How else can you explain them performing few % down on the semi. Thought McQuillan did good enough job although I think 2 yellows for the two boys fighting was the sensible callat the end as the game was over. There was me thinking Cavan would take Tyrone in Ulster and I wasn't that impressed with them but they've deservedly bet everyone in their path this year when it mattered.