AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

I think Tyrone played poor enough today, so whats that say about Mayo.

Schkite

O'Shea subbed early in the semi and Mayo played fantastic. Not subbed today and they've been brutal. Coincidence?
Tbf he's not the only one at fault today, but he didn't show up at all today.

That was a joke of a call from Joe, 2 reds if you're giving anything.

RedHand88

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Where are Larry and David Brady?!?!

Wildweasel74

End of the day you need at least 3 scoring forwards to win an all Ireland, Mayo have maybe just one. Tyrone plenty of scoring options.

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2021, 06:33:52 PM
Quote from: Schkite on September 11, 2021, 06:32:59 PM
Looking at the replay, Hennelly looks lost as he wanders out. There were a couple of defenders around McKenna as he ran in so he looked to be covered, Hennelly going out left an open goal for McCurry to palm into.

Both goals are his fault
Missed a few frees too. If they could let him take every free twice, his strike improves a lot.

Schkite

It's seems fairly mad that Tyrone are going to win Sam here and I wouldn't have had them near the top of the contenders this year, and I don't even think they were especially impressive today.

But at the end of the day they got through all their games, and they've certainly been the better team today. So it's not undeserved at all.

BennyCake

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on September 11, 2021, 06:41:00 PM
Mayo shooting has been pathetic. A lot of it not even under any real pressure. They don't have the head for this. Cursed forever.

Yeah that's about the height of it

red hander

Petey Harte, what a f**king performance

Schkite

I was going to say Mayo lost their composure late on, but they never had it today. They missed enough chances to win a couple of games, and yet if they had a few cool heads late on they could still have took it. But the old failings came back again, and they just didn't produce on the day.

Blowitupref

Congratulations Tyrone fully deserved that win. FT Tyrone 2-14 Mayo 0-15
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

Why isn't o'Shea in the square??

Best team by a good bit won.

Rudi

Can we get some of that Tyrone intensity, game management & spirit in Roscommon. Fair play to them by far the better team

Never beat the deeler

Well done Tyrone. Much more composed. Better team today, no complaints.
We didn't help ourselves. Feel like the scoreboard was a bit deceptive but at the same time we were kept at arms length the entire time.
Hasta la victoria siempre

GiveItToTheShooters

Might not be the best team on paper but they know how to grind it out. Deserving winners. Sams going north

Capt Pat

Well done to Tyrone. Deserving all Ireland champs.

What can Mayo do to mess up next year? The missed penalty was the turning point.