Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Ronan o neill ..schoolmaster in coalisland college

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wolfetones on September 09, 2021, 03:57:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2021, 01:14:42 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 09, 2021, 12:59:34 PM
Imagine how much fitter they will be having now completely got over covid!

Any Tyrone players teaching at the minute? With all the cases going at the minute they could miss out

Peter Harte
Niall Morgan
Kieran McGeary
Conn Kilpatrick
Niall Sludden
Conor Meyler
Liam Rafferty
Mark Bradley
Darragh McAnenly

According to TMAC they're a bunch of useless Cnuts because they are teachers  ;D. Should be well fit for the match as they haven't done a hands turn in 2 years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyHarp

Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 02:53:09 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 09, 2021, 02:19:41 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 01:20:35 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 09, 2021, 01:11:35 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2021, 10:04:26 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 09:24:42 AM
The intensity they brought to the kerry game was good but just as much about Kerry's lack of intensity (donnie buckley replaced by mountain climber ) .  Mayo players wont just match Tyrone intensity they'll murder them . Some of these bucks like o hora and mullin are off the scale in this department , you'll see .

I must be in the minority but I thought Kerry played well in the semi and I didn't think they lacked intensity.
You only have to look at the pressure they exerted on the Tyrone kick outs and their harrying of the Tyrone defenders.
Maybe that was the Tyrone master plan, let Kerry burn themselves out. It is what they did with Clifford, let him kick points until is leg got too tired.

Shame they didnt put some pressure on the goal scorers from Tyrone.  Kerry were shite and Tyrone aren't much better , like I've said a million times you'll see sat , our bucks will makes bits of them

I actually quite enjoy the simplistic logic of Larry's analysis - Mayo brilliant, Tyrone bad. Sometimes its quite refreshing to view the world through the lens of a young kid or a village idiot.

What would you like me to tell ya that mcshane off the bench is going to make the difference , that mattie Donnelly is unremarkable, thatnits too close to call , its 50/50 . I dont believe any of the narrative spun about this been close , we are a far better outfit than Tyrone,  a possible hb line of oisin , paddy and eoghan if fit with Leroy pushing up from the last line as we get a foothold is unstoppable , nothing and I mean nothing is going to stop Mayo winning the all Ireland.  Who the fook are Tyrone anyway ,last time I seen them in a final they were attroslcious . Nobody mentioned Tyrone all year, now all of a sudden cause they got a sloppy victory over a disorganised disjointed poorly set up kerry they are world beaters . Mayo by 7-9 points easy

Class 😂 Hopefully you get a ticket Larry so at least a small village in Mayo will get a bit of peace for a few hours.
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 09, 2021, 03:26:21 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 02:53:09 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 09, 2021, 02:19:41 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 01:20:35 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 09, 2021, 01:11:35 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2021, 10:04:26 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 09, 2021, 09:24:42 AM
The intensity they brought to the kerry game was good but just as much about Kerry's lack of intensity (donnie buckley replaced by mountain climber ) .  Mayo players wont just match Tyrone intensity they'll murder them . Some of these bucks like o hora and mullin are off the scale in this department , you'll see .

I must be in the minority but I thought Kerry played well in the semi and I didn't think they lacked intensity.
You only have to look at the pressure they exerted on the Tyrone kick outs and their harrying of the Tyrone defenders.
Maybe that was the Tyrone master plan, let Kerry burn themselves out. It is what they did with Clifford, let him kick points until is leg got too tired.

Shame they didnt put some pressure on the goal scorers from Tyrone.  Kerry were shite and Tyrone aren't much better , like I've said a million times you'll see sat , our bucks will makes bits of them

I actually quite enjoy the simplistic logic of Larry's analysis - Mayo brilliant, Tyrone bad. Sometimes its quite refreshing to view the world through the lens of a young kid or a village idiot.

What would you like me to tell ya that mcshane off the bench is going to make the difference , that mattie Donnelly is unremarkable, thatnits too close to call , its 50/50 . I dont believe any of the narrative spun about this been close , we are a far better outfit than Tyrone,  a possible hb line of oisin , paddy and eoghan if fit with Leroy pushing up from the last line as we get a foothold is unstoppable , nothing and I mean nothing is going to stop Mayo winning the all Ireland.  Who the fook are Tyrone anyway ,last time I seen them in a final they were attroslcious . Nobody mentioned Tyrone all year, now all of a sudden cause they got a sloppy victory over a disorganised disjointed poorly set up kerry they are world beaters . Mayo by 7-9 points easy

Did you get a ticket yet? Mayo NEVER do anything easy. I really can't call it, though I enjoy your optimism about it.

No , unfortunately not . No leads either which is demoralizing at this stage . It is what it is I suppose . Going since 1984 , missed five games bar New York and London albeit seen one in London one year 90s . It's a fair attendance record since seven years old , I'd put a wager there would only be about 5k in that kind of category . I'll be honest and admit I'm finding it a tad emotional .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Milltown Row2

Ffs would someone sort him out with a ticket? We ours be crap if you didn't get to it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

How many Tyrone fans do yous think roughly will have been at every All-Ireland senior final involving Tyrone come Saturday? Would it be in the 5k category?

Lar Naparka

Maybe it's time to get a little bit serious here..... ;D

I hope we have a great game and that, one way or the other, we'll have a clear cut winner.
Obviously, I'm hoping that Mayoo will prevail but neither team can afford to get cocky bases on their Given what's been said and written, both teams beat their respective opponents off the field and they played with class, determination knocking their opponents about like skittles.
But a little bit of adverse luck here and there and both results could have been very different..
Mayo were blessed that Robbie Henelly goe the proverbial second bite of the cherry and brought the game to extra time. If we lost at that stage, we'd have only ourselves to blame. If Tyrone should go 7 points in front, Mayo can kiss goodbye to Sam for yet another year.
My one fear is that Mayo will do what Mayo are very inclined to do and that is to fade out of the game at times.
Just hope they won't do this next Saturday!
Tyrone?
They got a rub of the green, like Mayo. Kerry stayed with them right to the very end and literally there was only a kick of the ball between them. If Stephen O'Brien didn't act the fool, Kerry would have gotten a goal and I couldn't see Tyrone coming back after that.
David Clifford's cramp came  at the right time for Tyrone. If he had played to the end,  feel Mayo could very well be facing Kerry on Saturday.
In short, both teams rode their luck in their respective semis. Both sides can't be lucky in the same game so let the best team win.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

RedHand88

Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2021, 08:30:24 PM
How many Tyrone fans do yous think roughly will have been at every All-Ireland senior final involving Tyrone come Saturday? Would it be in the 5k category?

I wasn't alive in 86 but I've been to every final involving Tyrone since. Not going to this one as I really really really can't get Covid next week and it's killing me, but it's for the best.

An Watcher

Same as that.  Been to them all except 86.  He would have lifted me over the barrier but I wanted to watch football on the TV!!  Don't think there would be too many that would have been at them all.  Dont think I'll make this one either

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 09, 2021, 09:21:12 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 09, 2021, 08:30:24 PM

I wasn't alive in 86 but I've been to every final involving Tyrone since. Not going to this one as I really really really can't get Covid next week and it's killing me, but it's for the best.

At.least you've seen 3 wins. I'm sure you good folk of Tyrone wouldn't begrudge us one if we do manage to do it on Saturday.  :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

clarshack

Quote from: An Watcher on September 09, 2021, 09:26:57 PM
Same as that.  Been to them all except 86.  He would have lifted me over the barrier but I wanted to watch football on the TV!!  Don't think there would be too many that would have been at them all.  Dont think I'll make this one either

Maybe a good bit less than 5k then.

Jayop

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 09, 2021, 08:44:58 PM

Maybe it's time to get a little bit serious here..... ;D

I hope we have a great game and that, one way or the other, we'll have a clear cut winner.
Obviously, I'm hoping that Mayoo will prevail but neither team can afford to get cocky bases on their Given what's been said and written, both teams beat their respective opponents off the field and they played with class, determination knocking their opponents about like skittles.
But a little bit of adverse luck here and there and both results could have been very different..
Mayo were blessed that Robbie Henelly goe the proverbial second bite of the cherry and brought the game to extra time. If we lost at that stage, we'd have only ourselves to blame. If Tyrone should go 7 points in front, Mayo can kiss goodbye to Sam for yet another year.
My one fear is that Mayo will do what Mayo are very inclined to do and that is to fade out of the game at times.
Just hope they won't do this next Saturday!
Tyrone?
They got a rub of the green, like Mayo. Kerry stayed with them right to the very end and literally there was only a kick of the ball between them. If Stephen O'Brien didn't act the fool, Kerry would have gotten a goal and I couldn't see Tyrone coming back after that.
David Clifford's cramp came  at the right time for Tyrone. If he had played to the end,  feel Mayo could very well be facing Kerry on Saturday.
In short, both teams rode their luck in their respective semis. Both sides can't be lucky in the same game so let the best team win.

I keep seeing this being posted and mentioned by pundits and it's a really strange one given our actual history of holding on to leads against good sides.

2021 AISF Vs Kerry - 5 points up and scraped over the line by 1
2020 Ulster Vs Donegal - 4 points up at first water break and lost by 2
2019 AISF Vs Kerry - 4 points up at half time and lost by 3
2018 AIF Vs Dublin - 4 points up at the start and lost by 6

That's the last 3 times we've been put out of the championship prior to this year. We've had 4/5 point leads in all those games and blew them. Tyrone do not defend leads well against top teams regardless of the narrative. We've gone back into a shell of defending deep, we'll get black and red cards and give away a heap of frees. Hopefully those lessons will finally be learnt.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 09, 2021, 02:41:47 PM

Will Morgan have one of his awful days or will he keep the head and be awesome?

I'm puzzled over why Tyrone people are so hard on Niall Morgan. Can you give us some examples of these awful days you mention? I don't remember him having any particular disasters. If anything, I'd have thought of him as one of the elite inter-county goalkeepers currently playing. Am I nuts, or what? What am I missing?

Jayop

Maybe the key is to get a 5 point lead and not 4 points lol.