AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

Quote from: BennyCake on September 08, 2021, 04:54:35 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on September 08, 2021, 04:25:51 PM
Thinking of my thoughts before previous All-Ireland finals and where this one fits from the best chance to no chance:

2003 - knew this would be close but slightly fancied us to do it
2005 - probably our best team ever but playing an excellent Kerry team so too close to call
2021 - slight underdogs maybe weighing it 45/55 in mayo favour
2008 - not quite as bad as the two below but didn't fancy us at all
1986 - bit young but even at that age I knew we were up against it
2018 - went down in hope rather than expectation.  Not much of a chance

Basically all if the above means I only ever fancied Tyrone in one final and we've won three.  Don't fancy them this weekend either but as someone else says, it's great to be involved and hopefully I'm

Have you erased 1995 from your memory?

2003 - was so tight to call. Anything could have happened. But if  Stevie scores that goal, and Hughes deservedly gets the line instead of Marsden, and we would've had 2 in a row

2005/08 - couldn't see Tyrone losing them.

2018 - was contented knowing Tyrone would be nowhere near winning that one.

1995 - close to call. Probably had Dublin as slight favourite

2021 - a very hard one to call, although I have a bad feeling   Tyrone will edge it.

I'm away to wash my mouth out

And all people in tyrone are content knowing that they won't have to worry about armagh getting to a semi final never mind final for another very long time yet 😂

BennyCake

Quote from: tyrone08 on September 08, 2021, 05:12:18 PM
Thinking of my thoughts before previous All-Ireland finals and where this one fits from the best chance to no chance:

2005 - probably our best team ever but playing an excellent Kerry team so too close to call

Basically all if the above means I only ever fancied Tyrone in one final and we've won three.  Don't fancy them this weekend either but as someone else says, it's great to be involved and hopefully I'm

2003 - was so tight to call. Anything could have happened. But if  Stevie scores that goal, and Hughes deservedly gets the line instead of Marsden, and we would've had 2 in a row

2021 - a very hard one to call, although I have a bad feeling   Tyrone will edge it.

And all people in tyrone are content knowing that they won't have to worry about armagh getting to a semi final never mind final for another very long time yet 😂

Whatever gets you through the day  ;)

An Watcher

Totally forgot about 95, probably similar odds to this year tbh. 
As for 08, couldn't see Tyrone losing.  Seriously, against the 3 in a row chasing kerry!

JoG2

Quote from: Jayop on September 08, 2021, 03:59:17 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 07, 2021, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: Jayop on September 07, 2021, 04:36:05 PM
Any decent podcasts or listen back episodes out for the final yet?? I was hoping we'd have a few yesterday but the ones I usually listen to seem to have all be about the ladies final day
the mayo news one is usually very good unless that bore Ginnigan is on it .
but the mayo news team them selves are excellent , Mcgreal ,Finnerty Flanagan Rob murphy and lately BJP as a Presenter . with top class contributors . They are pretty fair to all even allowing for natural Bias

I actually listened to the latest one last night there with Stephen Rochford and BJP. Decent listen even if it did come with the usual few hyperbolic statements about Tyrone play.

Funny the Mayo News Pod probably gives Tyrone more credit and actually analysed the Tyrone players individually better than most of the apparent neutral MSN pods who have pretty much only talked about how kerry lost the game since last week.

Listened to OTB and The GAA Hour... If you didn't know the score you'd swear Tyrone had wiped the floor with Kerry.

Jayop

Quote from: JoG2 on September 08, 2021, 05:39:27 PM
Quote from: Jayop on September 08, 2021, 03:59:17 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 07, 2021, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: Jayop on September 07, 2021, 04:36:05 PM
Any decent podcasts or listen back episodes out for the final yet?? I was hoping we'd have a few yesterday but the ones I usually listen to seem to have all be about the ladies final day
the mayo news one is usually very good unless that bore Ginnigan is on it .
but the mayo news team them selves are excellent , Mcgreal ,Finnerty Flanagan Rob murphy and lately BJP as a Presenter . with top class contributors . They are pretty fair to all even allowing for natural Bias

I actually listened to the latest one last night there with Stephen Rochford and BJP. Decent listen even if it did come with the usual few hyperbolic statements about Tyrone play.

Funny the Mayo News Pod probably gives Tyrone more credit and actually analysed the Tyrone players individually better than most of the apparent neutral MSN pods who have pretty much only talked about how kerry lost the game since last week.

Listened to OTB and The GAA Hour... If you didn't know the score you'd swear Tyrone had wiped the floor with Kerry.

Hugely critical of Kerry, but at least the ones in the immediate aftermath of the game barely mentioned Tyrone.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Jim Bob

Quote from: BennyCake on September 08, 2021, 05:32:22 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on September 08, 2021, 05:12:18 PM

Whatever gets you through the day  ;)

I would love to have a repeat of those Tyrone Armagh days of the mid noughties to be honest. Those days were special. Not talking about the victories but just the general competition between the best two teams in Ireland who happened to be neighbours. Tension like I ve never experienced before or since !! It was unreal !

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

whitey

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 08, 2021, 10:05:26 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 08, 2021, 09:52:24 PM
Sickening arrogance: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTjkOryoOjJ/

:P

Is that real??

Yes

Mind blowing how fvckin stupid they are

They even have a "replica" of Sam where supporters can get some practice in lifting Sam somewhere else in Ballina.

If I wasn't 3000 miles away I'd smash every window in the place

Jayop

Ah who gives a monkeys it's a bitta craic.

FFS if you listen to the podcast I just heard with Brian mcguigan you'd be saying that was pure arrogance too.