AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 08, 2021, 12:29:57 PM
Anyone listening to Aiden Henry needs their head examined

half agree, but at least it is not a cliche filled article, like half the crap you read from the more "seasoned" Dublin and Kerry journalists.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 08, 2021, 10:36:12 AM
Oh, no it isn't! It's just James H playing his version of silly buggers, as Jack Charlton might put it. He wants to keep everybody guessing, including Dooher and Lohgan, until the last possible moment.

This amuses me, as if Messrs Dooher and Logan wouldn't be wise to Horan and his grey arts!  :P ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

larryin89

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 08, 2021, 02:24:42 PM
Oh, no it isn't! It's just James H playing his version of silly buggers, as Jack Charlton might put it. He wants to keep everybody guessing, including Dooher and Lohgan, until the last possible moment.

This amuses me, as if Messrs Dooher and Logan wouldn't be wise to Horan and his grey arts!  :P ;)

You try to hide your confidence but its telling,  your ilk are in for some rude awakening sat evening
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

whitey

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 08, 2021, 02:21:55 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2021, 02:08:16 PM
Was Sean Flanagan not a blow in from Co Mayo?
Mick Loftus left Ros when he was 2 I believe.

Sean Flanagan was from Aghamore I believe.

He was

A relation of mine went to school with him

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: larryin89 on September 08, 2021, 02:36:53 PM

You try to hide your confidence but its telling,  your ilk are in for some rude awakening sat evening

Sickening arrogance!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

larryin89

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 08, 2021, 02:59:29 PM

Sickening arrogance!

Absolutely
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

blanketattack

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 29, 2021, 12:32:16 PM
How many all Ireland finals have Tyrone lost? For me they don't lose winnable finals - the Dublin one wasn't winnable and this is going back a while but the 86 one wasn't either. Kerry and Dublin were just too good. The three they won were touch and go if they would win but when it was tight they got it done.

This is a hard one to call. I think Mayo are a bit better but I expect them to be very nervous too which will level it out a bit. I have a feeling that will swing it tyrone's way and they will win.

6 points up in the second half and about to take a penalty isn't a winnable situation?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: larryin89 on September 08, 2021, 03:00:59 PM

Sickening arrogance!

Absolutely

Its better than the shite that normally comes from supporters!! Big your team up, makes a dam bit of difference on here who wins
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 08, 2021, 09:33:18 AM
Extra time if needed this weekend. If it's still level replay on Sunday 19th

John Prenty said the other day that this final will go straight to a replay if kevel after 70 minutes.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 03:03:56 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 08, 2021, 03:00:59 PM

Sickening arrogance!

Absolutely

Its better than the shite that normally comes from supporters!! Big your team up, makes a dam bit of difference on here who wins

Exactly, all Ireland finals don't come around every day. Might as well enjoy it! Plenty of time for complaining and cynicism after if they lose. Who knows what way it will go, but we can enjoy the build up while we're still in it
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Jayop

Quote from: tiempo on September 08, 2021, 09:34:22 AM
Quote from: Jayop on September 07, 2021, 11:49:14 PM
Is CoC being parachuted into the team unfit to make an appearance in the last few minutes if Mayo are up just so he can get his hands on a medal? No way he could be back from an achilles Tendon in 2 and a half months.

I'm only guessing but that would be incredible from the management to use a bench space like that. No player in the country probably deserves a medal more but when you have only 11 subs and a really good chance of using a lot of them if it goes to extra time.

Surely this has to be nonsense.

Ahh would ye put a sock in it, Pete Harte is twice the player

The man couldn't even kick a ball through a tyre from point blank range

Some Mayonnaise lads expect a medal just for getting out of bed in the morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtcy-WgTWbI

And again, I'm from Tyrone lol

Jayop

Quote from: rosnarun on September 07, 2021, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: Jayop on September 07, 2021, 04:36:05 PM
Any decent podcasts or listen back episodes out for the final yet?? I was hoping we'd have a few yesterday but the ones I usually listen to seem to have all be about the ladies final day
the mayo news one is usually very good unless that bore Ginnigan is on it .
but the mayo news team them selves are excellent , Mcgreal ,Finnerty Flanagan Rob murphy and lately BJP as a Presenter . with top class contributors . They are pretty fair to all even allowing for natural Bias

I actually listened to the latest one last night there with Stephen Rochford and BJP. Decent listen even if it did come with the usual few hyperbolic statements about Tyrone play.

Funny the Mayo News Pod probably gives Tyrone more credit and actually analysed the Tyrone players individually better than most of the apparent neutral MSN pods who have pretty much only talked about how kerry lost the game since last week.

An Watcher

Thinking of my thoughts before previous All-Ireland finals and where this one fits from the best chance to no chance:

2003 - knew this would be close but slightly fancied us to do it
2005 - probably our best team ever but playing an excellent Kerry team so too close to call
2021 - slight underdogs maybe weighing it 45/55 in mayo favour
2008 - not quite as bad as the two below but didn't fancy us at all
1986 - bit young but even at that age I knew we were up against it
2018 - went down in hope rather than expectation.  Not much of a chance

Basically all if the above means I only ever fancied Tyrone in one final and we've won three.  Don't fancy them this weekend either but as someone else says, it's great to be involved and hopefully I'm

Captain Obvious

Quote from: An Watcher on September 08, 2021, 04:25:51 PM
Thinking of my thoughts before previous All-Ireland finals and where this one fits from the best chance to no chance:

2005 - probably our best team ever but playing an excellent Kerry team so too close to call

Basically all if the above means I only ever fancied Tyrone in one final and we've won three.  Don't fancy them this weekend either but as someone else says, it's great to be involved and hopefully I'm
And 1995? For me that Dublin team was arguably the worst team to win the All-Ireland in the last 30 years.

Right now we have Tyrone who aren't at the level of their All-Ireland winning teams of 2003, 05,08  and Mayo aren't at the level they were at in 2013 to 2017 however one will win the All-Ireland.

BennyCake

Quote from: An Watcher on September 08, 2021, 04:25:51 PM

Have you erased 1995 from your memory?

2003 - was so tight to call. Anything could have happened. But if  Stevie scores that goal, and Hughes deservedly gets the line instead of Marsden, and we would've had 2 in a row

2005/08 - couldn't see Tyrone losing them.

2018 - was contented knowing Tyrone would be nowhere near winning that one.

1995 - close to call. Probably had Dublin as slight favourite

2021 - a very hard one to call, although I have a bad feeling   Tyrone will edge it.

I'm away to wash my mouth out