AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Jayop on September 07, 2021, 04:18:46 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 07, 2021, 12:15:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 07, 2021, 12:02:08 PM
Parts of it I agree with but on the field both teams have no one who has won an all Ireland. Both teams know how to win tight games. Both teams have came out of semi finals where their opponents were deemed to lose the game rather than them win it.

Mayo have Keegan durcan O'Shea McLoughlin who have a lot of experience. Tyrone have Donnelly Harte hampsey McNamee. There are a fair few younger ones in both teams.

It is one of those games I wouldn't be surprised what happens in most cases. Definitely a great one for the neutral to look forward to.

Was thinking about this the other day. Would it be the first time since 2012? Is 2010 the only other time this century?

Erm....

2002 and 2003. How would you forget 2003 lol

That Kerry team in 2002, most had won it in 2000.

Can't recall any All Ireland in 2003.

Jayop

Any decent podcasts or listen back episodes out for the final yet?? I was hoping we'd have a few yesterday but the ones I usually listen to seem to have all be about the ladies final day

APM

Quote from: BennyCake on September 07, 2021, 04:27:39 PM
Parts of it I agree with but on the field both teams have no one who has won an all Ireland. Both teams know how to win tight games. Both teams have came out of semi finals where their opponents were deemed to lose the game rather than them win it.

Mayo have Keegan durcan O'Shea McLoughlin who have a lot of experience. Tyrone have Donnelly Harte hampsey McNamee. There are a fair few younger ones in both teams.

It is one of those games I wouldn't be surprised what happens in most cases. Definitely a great one for the neutral to look forward to.

Was thinking about this the other day. Would it be the first time since 2012? Is 2010 the only other time this century?

Erm....

2012 - Mayo - Donegal - no?

Jayop

I'm not the only one who struggles with reading  :)

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: APM on September 07, 2021, 04:41:57 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 07, 2021, 04:27:39 PM

Erm....

2012 - Mayo - Donegal - no?

Ya 2012 would be the last time, they were asking if there was any *other* time this century
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Onthe40

so many ifs or buts with this one its just so hard to call

if Tyrone are able to bring the intensity of the last day I can't see the Mayo fwd line coping
If Mayo perform like they did in the first 40 v the Dubs then I can't see them winning
However
Mayos hunger, work rate and pace in the 2nd half v Galway and Dublin will be hard to stop if they being it in the first half

Head on the chop, I'll go for a draw :)

rosnarun

Quote from: Jayop on September 07, 2021, 04:36:05 PM
Any decent podcasts or listen back episodes out for the final yet?? I was hoping we'd have a few yesterday but the ones I usually listen to seem to have all be about the ladies final day
the mayo news one is usually very good unless that bore Ginnigan is on it .
but the mayo news team them selves are excellent , Mcgreal ,Finnerty Flanagan Rob murphy and lately BJP as a Presenter . with top class contributors . They are pretty fair to all even allowing for natural Bias
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jayop

larryin89

Aidan henry of the connacht telegraph reporting Cillian is back training
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

tyrone08

Quote from: larryin89 on September 07, 2021, 06:24:47 PM

If true its a huge ask and risk putting him in. When was the last time he played?

Tubberman

Quote from: tyrone08 on September 07, 2021, 06:42:10 PM

If true its a huge ask and risk putting him in. When was the last time he played?

Not since Clare game in the league. I cant see any way he could possibly be put on. If he does come on, we're either fcked, or we're hammering ye!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tubberman on September 07, 2021, 06:46:27 PM

Not since Clare game in the league. I cant see any way he could possibly be put on. If he does come on, we're either fcked, or we're hammering ye!

If only a few players caught Covid and asked for an extension then another one, he'd be fit then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyrone08

Quote from: Tubberman on September 07, 2021, 06:46:27 PM

LOL that would be the 2 situations to bring him on.

WhoDat

don't believe it for a second.

Blowitupref

Reports are emerging that Cillian O'Connor is back in Mayo training.

It has fuelled speculation he could be included in the James Horan's 26-man match day squad for next Saturday's All-Ireland SFC final against Tyrone.

It would be a remarkable comeback for the all-time top scorer in the championship after he sustained an Achilles tendon injury in the final National League match against Clare last June.

Reading between the lines of what is reported he could be on the 26 while McLaughlin and Mullin will start.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose