AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 06, 2021, 02:27:44 PM
Quote from: rrhf on September 06, 2021, 02:21:59 PM
Perhaps the O Shea factor could bea feature. Mayo's captain and talisman has already had his annual stinker out of the way before the final.. Assuming he has got his head in the right place in the last couple of weeks, he is on his day a potential matchwinner for Mayo.  All the talk is that Mayo wont start him and watch how the game is going.  Big call to drop him when he could have a key role to play, and can finally get the monkey of his back in an all Ireland final. If Aidan O Shea plays he could well have a big influence on proceedings either in midfield, tracking Donnelly or indeed bolstering the inside threat of the Mayo ff line.  I have a half feeling he will be timed to come in when Mc Shane comes in.     

If I recall right AOS nearly always performed well against Tyrone while he's struggled to deliver any impact v Dublin.
Yes, he has no fear of Tyrone. 

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 06, 2021, 02:27:44 PM
Perhaps the O Shea factor could bea feature. Mayo's captain and talisman has already had his annual stinker out of the way before the final.. Assuming he has got his head in the right place in the last couple of weeks, he is on his day a potential matchwinner for Mayo.  All the talk is that Mayo wont start him and watch how the game is going.  Big call to drop him when he could have a key role to play, and can finally get the monkey of his back in an all Ireland final. If Aidan O Shea plays he could well have a big influence on proceedings either in midfield, tracking Donnelly or indeed bolstering the inside threat of the Mayo ff line.  I have a half feeling he will be timed to come in when Mc Shane comes in.     

I watched back the 2016 game there yesterday, the first score of the game was a brilliant kick from himself from outside the 45 on the outside of the boot. Seemed fairly quiet after that. Last kick of the game he took a free kick and played an absolute hospital pass to Clarke, could've been a disaster!
If I recall right AOS nearly always performed well against Tyrone while he's struggled to deliver any impact v Dublin.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

MayoBuck

He'll definitely start, don't think there's any question there. We've lots of depth in terms of defensive cover, but we don't really have a nailed on full forward or centre half forward.

I'd say he'll start at 11 and spend most of the first half around midfield anyway.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 06, 2021, 02:40:33 PM

He'll definitely start, don't think there's any question there. We've lots of depth in terms of defensive cover, but we don't really have a nailed on full forward or centre half forward.

I'd say he'll start at 11 and spend most of the first half around midfield anyway.

I'd agree with this

highorlow

QuoteBut Sally's have their banner up now so it's all good.

Great steak in that shop. Mighty spot.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

trueblue1234

Quote from: highorlow on September 06, 2021, 02:56:05 PM
QuoteBut Sally's have their banner up now so it's all good.

Great steak in that shop. Mighty spot.

Good spot all right. Many a night (and £) spent in it over the years. I'd link a pic but not sure how too.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trueblue1234

FearAnFhírinne

trueblue1234

We can lose the run of ourselves up here with the best of them. Plus we get a head start on painting kerbs. It gets started in July, we just need to get rid of the blue!!

FearAnFhírinne

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 06, 2021, 03:39:25 PM
We can lose the run of ourselves up here with the best of them. Plus we get a head start on painting kerbs. It gets started in July, we just need to get rid of the blue!!

Ah it's a bit of craic. No harm in it. People who give out about that sort of stuff must have nothing but misery in their lives.
The Kerbstones is another story entirely though....

Mayo4Sam14

RedHand88

See the Home and Away cast are behind the green and red of Mayo anyway.

Mayo4Sam14

Rewatching the 2013 semi final, half an hour in. By god my memory of us not being able to kick snow off a rope wasn't wrong at all! Best part was Freeman having a goal ruled out because the ref was pulling it back for a free. Then McLoughlin kicked the 13m, more less centre, wide!

Chimley

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 06, 2021, 10:06:27 PM
Rewatching the 2013 semi final, half an hour in. By god my memory of us not being able to kick snow off a rope wasn't wrong at all! Best part was Freeman having a goal ruled out because the ref was pulling it back for a free. Then McLoughlin kicked the 13m, more less centre, wide!

Wait until you get to the penalty for Mayo. We never should have got that. It was outside the box for sure.

Mayo4Sam14

It seems to be Chris Barrett coming up with the big scores!