AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iorras

No yearraing from me, I just cant see where we (mayo) are going to get the scores from. Even with the matchups Tyrone have probably 2 Mayo forwards to quieten, Tommy C and Ryan. Tommy has great potential but only really lets loose in 5 to 10 minute bursts and then only really when in CHF, he can easily be bottled up in the corner. Ryan will bust his arse all day but does like to take 2 or 3 lads on and Tyrone will love that.

lenny

Quote from: iorras on September 06, 2021, 11:02:15 AM
No yearraing from me, I just cant see where we (mayo) are going to get the scores from. Even with the matchups Tyrone have probably 2 Mayo forwards to quieten, Tommy C and Ryan. Tommy has great potential but only really lets loose in 5 to 10 minute bursts and then only really when in CHF, he can easily be bottled up in the corner. Ryan will bust his arse all day but does like to take 2 or 3 lads on and Tyrone will love that.

That's the way I see it also. I can't see Mayo scoring any more than 0.12 or 0.13. That's being optimistic also and I just don't see that as being enough. On O'Shea he's not the talisman for Mayo any more and he's now just a marginal selection. Because of that I don't see the article as being all that significant. There is probably a fair chance he will be left out if Mayo are at full strength.

tiempo

Quote from: lenny on September 06, 2021, 11:24:50 AM

That's the way I see it also. I can't see Mayo scoring any more than 0.12 or 0.13. That's being optimistic also and I just don't see that as being enough. On O'Shea he's not the talisman for Mayo any more and he's now just a marginal selection. Because of that I don't see the article as being all that significant. There is probably a fair chance he will be left out if Mayo are at full strength.

At full strength the captain doesn't make the team?

Begorra there would be riots if Hasselhoff didn't make the cut

RedHand88

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 06, 2021, 10:29:27 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on September 06, 2021, 10:25:31 AM
Quote from: tiempo on September 06, 2021, 10:14:49 AM
Its on Brolly's twitter feed if anyone cares to look for a laugh

Christ on a bike. That's unbelievable. Playing up the Kerry connections before a potential final against the Kingdom. And his poor Kerry girlfriend not knowing who to support in the final! Funny how it was published the day after the final, but was obviously finalised before the Tyrone game. Is this attitude the norm in Mayo?

What attitude?

Doing the whole "up for the match" style piece, bigging up family links with the opposition County, before Kerry had even got to the final! If she was from Limerick or Donegal would he have said it?

FearAnFhírinne

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 06, 2021, 11:37:45 AM

Christ on a bike. That's unbelievable. Playing up the Kerry connections before a potential final against the Kingdom. And his poor Kerry girlfriend not knowing who to support in the final! Funny how it was published the day after the final, but was obviously finalised before the Tyrone game. Is this attitude the norm in Mayo?

What attitude?

Doing the whole "up for the match" style piece, bigging up family links with the opposition County, before Kerry had even got to the final! If she was from Limerick or Donegal would he have said it?

that whole piece was done months ago. It's recency is down to the fact that Mayo are in the final and it was part of a promo for a company that released it as part of an 10th anniversary press release at the end of July.
Good chance this was all done long before the Connacht Final and only getting published now in that paper. Its been regurgitated a few times now by the same publishing stable. Slow news days etc, but the printers getting value for money from the same story.

Can never understand the rage people have on the rare occasion this lad's photo is in a paper. If we makes a few extra euro's off getting his photo taken, good luck to him. He'll be getting loads of abuse from certain quarters no matter what he does.

iorras

Fuckin daftness from O'Shea, really really poor judgement. It isnt going to make a difference to the result but in the list of hinder or help ya, its definitely in the doesnt help ya bucket. And if we lose then its just grist to the mill of Brolly, O'Rourke et al.

larryin89

Quote from: FearAnFhírinne on September 06, 2021, 12:16:47 PM

What attitude?

that whole piece was done months ago. It's recency is down to the fact that Mayo are in the final and it was part of a promo for a company that released it as part of an 10th anniversary press release at the end of July.
Good chance this was all done long before the Connacht Final and only getting published now in that paper. Its been regurgitated a few times now by the same publishing stable. Slow news days etc, but the printers getting value for money from the same story.

Can never understand the rage people have on the rare occasion this lad's photo is in a paper. If we makes a few extra euro's off getting his photo taken, good luck to him. He'll be getting loads of abuse from certain quarters no matter what he does.

Months ago my bollix
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Crete Boom

So I take it I shouldn't bother watching the final cause O'Shea has lost it for us again but this time he has given us a week's notice?
Also why can't the Knockmore lads let the rest of us in the county know earlier since their celebrity power couple always seem to know we are doomed before everyone else going by Brolly's articles in the paper??
Why can't O'Shea, now that he is Captain let Keegan, O'Donoghue and Conroy et all, explain to the lads that it might be easier on themselves and fans a like to bow out gracefully in a semi final and let us enjoy a final with two proper teams of down to earth, volunteer hero, fíor Gael laden with warriors battle it out on the hallowed ground and then we can enjoy the videos of them sweeping the dressing rooms and Irish dancing to Damien Dempsey after showing us all how real football is played??
I dunno at this stage I have lived through Liam McHale losing us All Ireland finals just to keep himself in hair gel to look good for his NBA moves on the court, Ciaran 'Barbie' McDonald more interested in tattoos than kicking points and now O'Shea burgeoning career as an extra on Baywatch losing us another decider!!
The biggest crime of all was the removal of two fíor Gael football men like Holmes and Connelly, who not only brought the highest degree of professionalism along with tactical acumen but they also held their silence after their tragic betrayal when they quite easily could have run to a journalist with an axe to grind against Mayo after any of the final loses and cashed in with a tell all type interview!! Mayo god help us indeed!!!
Congrats to Tyrone in advance on All Ireland title number 4 I just wish the next title comes against a more worthy opponent!!!

FearAnFhírinne

Quote from: larryin89 on September 06, 2021, 12:21:49 PM

What attitude?

Months ago my bollix

Google it yourself if you like. It's there from the end of July, likely an embargo release on it anyway to coincide with the anniversary for the company being promoted. That's how these things work.

FearAnFhírinne

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 06, 2021, 12:33:46 PM
So I take it I shouldn't bother watching the final cause O'Shea has lost it for us again but this time he has given us a week's notice?
Also why can't the Knockmore lads let the rest of us in the county know earlier since their celebrity power couple always seem to know we are doomed before everyone else going by Brolly's articles in the paper??
Why can't O'Shea, now that he is Captain let Keegan, O'Donoghue and Conroy et all, explain to the lads that it might be easier on themselves and fans a like to bow out gracefully in a semi final and let us enjoy a final with two proper teams of down to earth, volunteer hero, fíor Gael laden with warriors battle it out on the hallowed ground and then we can enjoy the videos of them sweeping the dressing rooms and Irish dancing to Damien Dempsey after showing us all how real football is played??
I dunno at this stage I have lived through Liam McHale losing us All Ireland finals just to keep himself in hair gel to look good for his NBA moves on the court, Ciaran 'Barbie' McDonald more interested in tattoos than kicking points and now O'Shea burgeoning career as an extra on Baywatch losing us another decider!!
The biggest crime of all was the removal of two fíor Gael football men like Holmes and Connelly, who not only brought the highest degree of professionalism along with tactical acumen but they also held their silence after their tragic betrayal when they quite easily could have run to a journalist with an axe to grind against Mayo after any of the final loses and cashed in with a tell all type interview!! Mayo god help us indeed!!!
Congrats to Tyrone in advance on All Ireland title number 4 I just wish the next title comes against a more worthy opponent!!!

don't forget how people putting flags outside of their houses has cost us all Irelands in the past.

JoG2

Potentially, Hennelly could bag a couple. Keegan, Durcan 1/2 each. Ruane / Loftus in midfield could and have hit decent scores between them in this year's championship. Mcloughlin, McHale, O'Connor a couple between them. And even if Conroy and O'Donoghue didn't manage a single point from play, could still hit 5/6 between them from dead balls... That's Mayo up around 14/15 without even thinking about goals. All conjecture of course, but showing where Mayo could rack up a decent scoreline if the 2 inside forwards are completely nullified from play.

How much physicality McQuillan allows will have a massive baring on the game. Will be an intriguing contest to say the least... Mayo by 5 (though I predicted Kerry by 5 in the semi final!)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: JoG2 on September 06, 2021, 12:40:13 PM
How much physicality McQuillan allows will have a massive baring on the game. Will be an intriguing contest to say the least... Mayo by 5 (though I predicted Kerry by 5 in the semi final!)

Fecking brill!  ;D :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

MayoBuck

Quote from: FearAnFhírinne on September 06, 2021, 12:36:21 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on September 06, 2021, 12:21:49 PM

What attitude?

Months ago my bollix

Google it yourself if you like. It's there from the end of July, likely an embargo release on it anyway to coincide with the anniversary for the company being promoted. That's how these things work.

He's quoted talking about a match against either Kerry or Tyrone. Would take some balls to be talking about that before a connacht final  ;D

The interview was obviously done a day or 2 after the Dublin game and saved for a Sunday paper. Don't think it will make a blind bit of difference myself, but he's probably making a rod for his back if the result doesn't work out.

JoG2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 06, 2021, 12:49:12 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 06, 2021, 12:40:13 PM

Fecking brill!  ;D :D

Book the open top bus now at a reduced rate!  ;D

Blowitupref

Tyrone championship scores against Mayo. 0-12,0-13,0-13,1-9,1-6 and 0-13 was enough for Mayo to bring Dublin to extra time.

They'll be more opportunities for Mayo to score a goal or two against that Tyrone defence than Dublins and I feel Tyrone best chance of winning is scoring at least two goals but as Jim McGuinness said they are less likely to get gifts off the Mayo defence.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose