AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPatsAbu

Quote from: clarshack on September 05, 2021, 12:02:51 AM
Who does the average Dub supporter want to see win in the final? Always got the impression they didn't really like Mayo but didn't mind Tyrone.

The average Dub supporter prefers to see a Man City win

Ty4Sam

Does anyone know if Croke Park hotel is residents only on Saturday? If so, are the other local bars booking only? Cheers

Milltown Row2

Mayo are 4/6 favourites, that's a brutal price, based solely on beating Dublin, based on both games (semi's) Tyrone look slightly better fitness wise and bench...

Should be a close game, but Tyrone have the better value for a betting perspective
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Why do you think Tyrone looked better fitness wise? Mayo even after being blitzed first half still looked pretty fit to me.

thewobbler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2021, 10:45:22 AM
Mayo are 4/6 favourites, that's a brutal price, based solely on beating Dublin, based on both games (semi's) Tyrone look slightly better fitness wise and bench...

Should be a close game, but Tyrone have the better value for a betting perspective

Part of me doesn't disagree with you. But as Mayo are the sole team to beat Dublin since 2014, that's surely the only reason anyone would ever need to make them favourites??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 05, 2021, 11:10:28 AM
Why do you think Tyrone looked better fitness wise? Mayo even after being blitzed first half still looked pretty fit to me.

Extra time they still (bar a couple of cramps) were bombing up and down the pitch, Dublin for whatever reason were not at the races this year, and that not taking anything from Mayo's brilliant result.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2021, 10:45:22 AM

Mayo have recent AIF experience
Tyrone are fit but Mayo are cute.
Plus they have a few tinkers.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Dublin weren't at the level they're normally at - very different from not being at the races.

The likes of Conroy in extra time was unplayable so I don't think anything Tyrone have in that regard Mayo haven't. Tbh I would be very surprised if Tyrone were fitter or better conditioned than Mayo.

If you were to believe the media Kerry lost against Tyrone rather than Tyrone won against Kerry anyway...

That said for me Mayo will need to be about 10-20% better than Tyrone to win because I just think they will be too nervous if it's close. There is a chance they are but we'll see...

MayoBuck

It was 5 points to 1-3 in extra time despite Tyrone being full of running and Kerry players cramping up all over. Tyrone may well win next weekend, but it won't be down to superior fitness.

seafoid

In the normal scheme of things teams rise and fall. A team at their peak will win the all Ireland against a team on the rise. The team on the rise wil win one or 2 years later.
This happened in 07-11 Kerry beat Cork in 07 and 09 and Dublin lost a load of seminals. Cork won in 10 and Dublin fell over the line on 2011.

The system broke down after 2015.

Let's say it is back running again.
Tyrone last reached the final in 2018.
Mayo were there last year. If Mayo have learnt their stuff they should win and destroy the MGHU  stereotype.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

Mayo wont lose this one , mayo are the best team in Ireland at present and will win this comfortably  by a bigger margin than anyone will predict .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

imtommygunn

Quote from: MayoBuck on September 05, 2021, 11:39:49 AM
It was 5 points to 1-3 in extra time despite Tyrone being full of running and Kerry players cramping up all over. Tyrone may well win next weekend, but it won't be down to superior fitness.

Exactly. Mayo are the only team who can match Dublin fitness wise.

Whishtup

I'm to-ing and fro-ing with this one. Mayo will die on their feet as they will see this as, finally, the opportunity to put the ghost to bed. But is this what will ultimately beat them? The pressure is firmly on Mayo here whereas Tyrone are in bonus territory.
I can't see Tyrone make as many mistakes as they did against Kerry. The reality is that we didn't play anywhere as well as we could offensively and should have been out the gap. Kerry did a cracking job on the long kickouts. Mayo won't be able to achieve this. I am worried that O'Shea has a big game in him. If Tommy Conroy is kept as quiet as Sean O' Se was, then we're in good shape.  Last week I said Mayo. Today I say Tyrone, comfortably. I like the fact that Morgan is booming the kickouts if the short play isn't on. Better to lose the ball in midfield than in front of goal and also have the chance of a breaking ball to the half forwards. Makes for good viewing too. Go long for the 1st quarter and see what change we are getting out of it. Looking back at the semi, Dublin were pedestrian at times and frustrated at other times in a way that neither Tyrone and Kerry were. Never looked forward to a game as much as there isn't the same deep rooted emotional attachment that you would find in games against Kerry/Dublin (and Armagh!)

highorlow

Agree with the last post. The difficult challenge for Tyrone is putting another performance together the next day.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 05, 2021, 12:19:37 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on September 05, 2021, 11:39:49 AM

Exactly. Mayo are the only team who can match Dublin fitness wise.
Yes fitness wise advantage goes to Mayo for this final in my view. Can match Dublin for physicality and conditioning also.

Main questions I'd ask of Tyrone is can they score goals and keep their discipline as if they don't score a few goals and get a few black cards again or a red i can't see them winning.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose