AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: thewobbler on September 02, 2021, 09:19:35 PM
I'd put my house on O'Shea playing almost the full match at midfield, DOC picking up McGeary, Keegan playing firmly at 6 no matter who plays CHF for Tyrone, and O'Hora picking up McShane. Wouldn't be surprised to see Durcan or Mullen moved back onto McCurry.

That could play right into our hands I'd say.  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Jayop on September 01, 2021, 11:52:51 PM
Quote from: rrhf on September 01, 2021, 10:56:07 PM
I will say again. Why are Mayo people giving out about the ref and the ball hasn't been thrown in.... get on with it and get over it ffs

I'm from Tyrone if you're referring to me.

lol
Hasta la victoria siempre

WhoDat

Cunny Funt

Quote from: WhoDat on September 03, 2021, 11:21:08 AM
will mayo have oisin mullin back?

James Horan in the recent off the ball interview hasn't ruled out Mullin or E McLaughlin from featuring in this final.

WhoDat

mcloughlin playing seems a bit far fetched

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 03, 2021, 01:19:15 PM

James Horan in the recent off the ball interview hasn't ruled out Mullin or E McLaughlin from featuring in this final.

James is smart enough to lead the media into this story. It keeps the opposition guessing, it gives the media a story to write and it take the focus away from the rest of the squad.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 03, 2021, 05:19:31 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 03, 2021, 01:19:15 PM

James is smart enough to lead the media into this story. It keeps the opposition guessing, it gives the media a story to write and it take the focus away from the rest of the squad.

James Horan usually goes the opposite way with the media. Rules a player out from returning only for him to play come match day.

The smile he was giving in the interview leads me to believe that both will feature. If they do return the 4 weeks preparation for this final has turned out to be a big bonus for Mayo.

Jayop

I didn't see anything from the Mayo media day they did after the Kerry game. Who did they put up?

I was quite impressed by what Tyrone did, a good few people available and the interviews up on the Offtheball youtube were quite interesting.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 02, 2021, 11:18:46 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 02, 2021, 09:19:35 PM
I'd put my house on O'Shea playing almost the full match at midfield, DOC picking up McGeary, Keegan playing firmly at 6 no matter who plays CHF for Tyrone, and O'Hora picking up McShane. Wouldn't be surprised to see Durcan or Mullen moved back onto McCurry.

That could play right into our hands I'd say.  ;)

Morgan would want to have better kickouts if thst's to be the case. I thought he was very poor on these against Kerry the last day.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyHarp

Morgan getting a lot of stick about his kick outs the last day and granted some were poor but I thought it was a fairly clear strategy to kick them long and battle for position out the field. By not kicking short Tyrone didn't face energy sapping full pitch running build up which, given the Covid situation was entirely sensible. Yes some went astray and we didn't win much break ball but that all isn't Morgan's fault. Kerry played it short every time which in my view played a huge part in them struggling for energy and cramping late in the game. If we kick long to the opposition 65 and lose the ball but win it back again before they reach our 45 then I'll take that before passing it around on our 21 yard line sapping the energy of our defenders and coughing up position closer to our own goals.
That was never a square ball!!

Hound

Allowing Kerry have their kickouts may well have been a great idea. But Mayo's fitness and ability to run with the ball out of defence is far superior to Kerry's.  Albeit not as economical with their shooting when they get to the other end.

I expect AOS to be midfield for the throw-ins, but to play most of the match at centre forward. 

hoynevalley

Milltown Row2

Are we still going to split Dublin, or has that lost momentum?

The refs all ready list the game for someone before the ball has been thrown in!

More importantly is it definitely on next week?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 04, 2021, 11:43:37 AM

The refs all ready list the game for someone before the ball has been thrown in!

Not sure if Tyrone have agreed to play next week or not yet. Should get word by Monday or Tuesday.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on September 04, 2021, 02:34:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 04, 2021, 11:43:37 AM

Not sure if Tyrone have agreed to play next week or not yet. Should get word by Monday or Tuesday.

Top bants 👍👍
That was never a square ball!!