AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfquarter

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 30, 2021, 11:09:00 PM
Cillian O'Connor and Aidan O'Shea are the Mayo heroes. Sure they may as well have carried the team past Dublin by themselves.

Sour grapes are best eaten in silence.

rrhf

Quote from: seafoid on August 31, 2021, 11:11:43 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kevin-mcstay-did-kerry-expect-tyrone-to-line-up-as-they-had-in-killarney-1.4659937

Tyrone are so comfortable on the ball. Is there a better support running team? Their conditioning is clearly superb. The Covid illness was not a factor. They got stronger in extra-time. Their one big worry is that they were destroyed on the kick out. Their saving grace was the turnover count.
I think you can see that the COVID hampered their preparations to the point that there were loads of technical mistakes, it was a serious shift put in, but they made loads of mistakes often of their own doing. The full forward line and midfield were at sea for long periods of the game, also due to Kerrys excellence in those areas, however I think if they stay COVID free they can only improve and would need to to match the peoples favourites Mayo.

Taylor

Mayo are favourites for the game which is very strange.

Can only assume its because of the weight of money that has been put on Mayo.

This is a straight up coin toss.

The chaotic element of the game which Kerry failed to cope with will not phase Mayo but then again have Mayo faced anything like the hunger we bring to the table.

Cant wait for it

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jayop on August 30, 2021, 11:46:52 PM
Am I dreaming or did one of the commentators or pundits in the mayo Dublin game not say something about O'Shea having only scored a couple of points in all his games against Dublin??
You're not dreaming, I'm afraid.
I checked Willie Joe's results archive and it appears that Aido only scored a single point aginst the Dubs in finals and semis. That was in the 2015 replay.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 29, 2021, 10:33:12 PM
Any white and red sheep yet?

Plenty with red markings on them all over Mayo.  :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rrhf

Farr
What way or is it still too early for ticket talk around your way.. Does anyone know did it work out ok for Limerick Cork supporters?

Farrandeelin

QuoteSenior Clubs – 16 * 118 -= 1888

Intermediate Clubs – 15 * 98 = 1470

Junior Clubs – 15 * 80 = 1200

Each club receives 10 tickets for evey player on panel = 410

Ten extra tickets for major urban centres -= 30

9 top selling clubs in Club Development Draw = 54

Total Tickets given to football clubs to allocate – 5,052

Total tickets as per secretary on Midwest today – 10.950

Exclusive Hurling Clubs, Players, Officials and County Board Officers, Coaches amd Corporate all have to be looked after from the remaining 5898 tickets.

Farrandeelin

Above posted on mayogaablog by REDCOL formerly of this parish.

RedHand88

Exclusive Hurling Clubs, Players, Officials and County Board Officers, Coaches amd Corporate all have to be looked after from the remaining 5898 tickets.

Gonna be some rows in clubhouses up and down Mayo this week, especially the junior clubs. Giving more to senior clubs is crazy.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 31, 2021, 02:25:04 PM

Gonna be some rows in clubhouses up and down Mayo this week, especially the junior clubs. Giving more to senior clubs is crazy.

Never mind the junior clubs, 5,898 tickets not going to clubs in the county sounds like a lot!

rrhf

Cobra

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2021, 01:49:37 PM

There would be war if this goes on Tyrone.

Jayop

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 31, 2021, 12:52:33 PM
Am I dreaming or did one of the commentators or pundits in the mayo Dublin game not say something about O'Shea having only scored a couple of points in all his games against Dublin??
I checked Willie Joe's results archive and it appears that Aido only scored a single point aginst the Dubs in finals and semis. That was in the 2015 replay.

Hard to fathom for a player of his caliber having played in so many of those contests. I've seen that man in games I was at against Sligo, especially the Connacht final down in the Hyde a few years ago and he was unplayable.

whitey

Quote from: Jayop on August 31, 2021, 03:56:27 PM

Hard to fathom for a player of his caliber having played in so many of those contests. I've seen that man in games I was at against Sligo, especially the Connacht final down in the Hyde a few years ago and he was unplayable.

How many frees did COC convert from AOS constantly being fouled when he was double and triple marked against Dublin over the years ?

Rossfan

Quote from: Jayop on August 31, 2021, 03:56:27 PM

Was that the year Sligo had a 19 year old gasún at FB?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM