AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavan19

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 29, 2021, 10:29:31 PM
There is a house in Ballsbridge of all places with Mayo bunting out 2 weeks in advance of the final. Mayo are losing the run of themselves, they think they have won it already.

I don't think one house in Ballsbridge with bunting out can be classified as Mayo losing the run of themselves.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 29, 2021, 10:32:44 PM
There is a house in Ballsbridge of all places with Mayo bunting out 2 weeks in advance of the final. Mayo are losing the run of themselves, they think they have won it already.

That's Ballymun Kickhams fans getting ready for the Dublin Championship.
Could be a Portuguese family otherwise
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Lar Naparka

Quote from: seafoid on August 30, 2021, 09:20:52 AM

Could be a Ballymun supporter but, somehow, I doubt it.
Ballymun is a long way from Balls bridge and hoodies and trainers are the formal dress attire. Hush puppies and designer gear are de either in the leafy suburb of Balls ridge.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 30, 2021, 11:28:34 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 30, 2021, 09:20:52 AM

Could be a Ballymun supporter but, somehow, I doubt it.
Ballymun is a long way from Balls bridge and hoodies and trainers are the formal dress attire. Hush puppies and designer gear are de either in the leafy suburb of Balls ridge.
Damn predictive spelling spelling! ;D  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Farrandeelin

Quick, lock them up!!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jayop

What a final to look forward to now. I'm living on the Sligo Mayo border here and so many of my close mates being Mayo men as well as my boss and manager puts some spice on this for me. The final is being played on my birthday too!!

I think the bookies have this one right at the moment with Mayo being slight favourites but there's really very little in it. Mayo are 5/6 and Tyrone are 11/8 so not huge favourites. Probably about right

Two teak tough teams with no shortage of talent in defense and attack. I can't wait!

JoG2

Quote from: Jayop on August 30, 2021, 03:36:44 PM
What a final to look forward to now. I'm living on the Sligo Mayo border here and so many of my close mates being Mayo men as well as my boss and manager puts some spice on this for me. The final is being played on my birthday too!!

I think the bookies have this one right at the moment with Mayo being slight favourites but there's really very little in it. Mayo are 5/6 and Tyrone are 11/8 so not huge favourites. Probably about right

Two teak tough teams with no shortage of talent in defense and attack. I can't wait!

Has the ref been named yet? Can't see any other ref allowing as much to go in the next game. It'll be all on the day, Tyrone maybe slight underdogs, but a couple of goals and anything can happen. The game will be relentless, that's for sure. Up Mayo

Jayop

They announced the hurling ref on the Tuesday two weeks before the final so I presume they will announce the football ref tomorrow.

hoynevalley

Quote from: JoG2 on August 30, 2021, 04:15:18 PM

Has the ref been named yet? Can't see any other ref allowing as much to go in the next game. It'll be all on the day, Tyrone maybe slight underdogs, but a couple of goals and anything can happen. The game will be relentless, that's for sure. Up Mayo

Joe McQuillian favourite to referee.

Cunny Funt

Mayo deserve to be favourites purely based on the two semi finals and that they took out the team that many didn't think would be beaten this year.

Downfall in AI finals for Mayo under Horan was conceding goals.

2012 v Donegal 2-11 to 0-13 (13 scores each)
2013 v Dublin 2-12 to 1-14 (14 scores v 15)
2020 v Dublin 2-14 to 0-15 (16 scores v 15)

If Tyrone are to win the final i feel they'll have to score at least 2 goals, easier said that done especially if Mayo defend as well as they did against Dublin.

joemamas

Quote from: hoynevalley on August 30, 2021, 04:56:45 PM

Thanks hoynevalley, Kerry for Sam, Eire 90, Thegreatest, Macker 15, ck_Redhand, Cobra and all your other aliases, Get lost for the next two weeks Kerry were beaten. you are a complete tool.

Aaron Boone

Dublin Joe.

Estimator

Last few years of AI Final Refs:
2020: David Coldrick
2019: David Gough & Conor Lane
2018: Conor Lane
2017: Joe McQuillan
2016: Conor Lane & Maurice Deegan
2015: David Coldrick
2014: Eddie Kinsella
2013: Joe McQuillan
2012: Maurice Deegan
2011: Joe McQuillan
2010: David Coldrick

McQuillan - 3
Coldrick - 3
Lane - 3
Deegan - 2
Gough - 1
Eddie Kinsella - 1

I'd say Gough will be the man to take charge this time. Lane & Coldrick got the semi-finals - Gough wasn't involved (not on the line). Can't see the GAA dropping someone else in who hasn't been in charge of a previous final. And McQuillan already has 3 finals to his name.
Ulster League Champions 2009

WhoDat

mayo are in a great position to win this

BennyCake

Oh Christ. Dublin will definitely   win then. I don't know how, but Joe will find a way to make it happen