Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I as chatting to a retired district nurse the other day, retired a while ago, has been tortured to go back and help out, show the ropes get them up to speed for the role she retired from. Back doing 3 days a week

Another friend (shows my age) retired from the Lisburn city council, they haven't been able to fill her role and been asked to come back, consultant wise to help out and train others to do the job she done..

Either people being employed nowadays in the public sector are complete fuckwits or no one has a fecking clue to run a department

Worked years ago with complete charlatan, wormed his way into a job as the place needed a skill set that was missing, within weeks was made full time and in management, deployed his roles to others and went on to rob the place blind, that's a side issue though to my point lol

Point being some people work harder to do less work! If that makes sense!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Silver hill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 19, 2024, 07:51:21 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on April 19, 2024, 06:44:38 PMThe simple solution is to run the nhs as if it were a private hospital i.e run it efficiently.

Increasing funding for GPs to reduce the strain on a&e. Alot of people use the a&e because they cant get a gp appointment.

Bring in a surcharge for using a&e for non emergencies say a £50. A&Es should only be used for acutal emergencies i.e broken bones, life threatening emergencies etc.

Increase healthy eating and health awareness in schools from primary school up. Uk and Ireland eating habits are horrible compared to almost every eu country.

The above would sort most of the issues
People yap about management in the NHS as if doctors and nurses should be managing an annual budget of £180 billion and 1.5 million employees. It has to be managed as a business. 

There's already a multitude of non medical personnel in the health service. Accountants, HR, organisational development, project managers, IT,estate services, information governance etc.
I'm not sure there's a fix for this no matter how much money you throw at it. When it's free it's always going to be open to abuse. I agree, a £50 surcharge for non emergency cases in S&P would stripe out a lot of the malingerers.

LC

https://news.sky.com/story/rishi-sunak-pledges-to-remove-benefits-for-people-not-taking-jobs-after-12-months-13118419

No fan of the Conservatives by any stretch but something like this is badly needed.

A lot of people absolutely milking the system and the rest of us is paying for it.

Armagh18

Quote from: LC on April 20, 2024, 08:25:03 AMhttps://news.sky.com/story/rishi-sunak-pledges-to-remove-benefits-for-people-not-taking-jobs-after-12-months-13118419

No fan of the Conservatives by any stretch but something like this is badly needed.

A lot of people absolutely milking the system and the rest of us is paying for it.
Absolutely. Now just go after his mates that are fleecing billions as well.

Tones

Quote from: LC on April 20, 2024, 08:25:03 AMhttps://news.sky.com/story/rishi-sunak-pledges-to-remove-benefits-for-people-not-taking-jobs-after-12-months-13118419

But think of their mental health!

armaghniac

Quote from: Tones on April 20, 2024, 10:30:06 AM

But think of their mental health!

ergophobia : noun er·-go·-pho-bia  : a fear of or aversion to work
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Last Man

Quote from: gallsman on April 19, 2024, 06:34:15 PM
Quote from: Last Man on April 19, 2024, 04:17:29 PMHow about asking why are we all so sick?

Sounds a bit Joe Rogan tbh.
Try these authors.
Nina Teicholz
Gary Taubes
Dr Malcolm Kendrick
Dr Chris Knobe
Professor Tim Noakes
That'll do for now, don't want to overwhelm anyone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Last Man on April 20, 2024, 01:12:29 PM
Quote from: Last Man on April 19, 2024, 04:17:29 PMHow about asking why are we all so sick?

Try these authors.
Nina Teicholz
Gary Taubes
Dr Malcolm Kendrick
Dr Chris Knobe
Professor Tim Noakes
Just under half of all illnesses treated on the NHS are related to poor lifestyle. That's 10s of billions per annum. Based on the characters I see in A&E or standing smoking outside the hospitals I'd suspect a large proportion of that cohort contribute little in the way of taxes to support the NHS. But we aren't allowed to mention it.

RedHand88

Quote from: Last Man on April 19, 2024, 04:17:29 PMThe NHS was never envisaged to deal with the levels of chronic disease we currently see. T2D, Cardiovascular disease, various cancers all on the up. All the polititions can offer is we need more money for doctors and nurses. How about asking why are we all so sick?

We are all old. With advanced age comes more illness. The population is aging. By 2037 1 in 12 people will be over 65.

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Windmill abu

Never underestimate the power of complaining

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 20, 2024, 04:56:52 PM
Quote from: Last Man on April 19, 2024, 04:17:29 PMThe NHS was never envisaged to deal with the levels of chronic disease we currently see. T2D, Cardiovascular disease, various cancers all on the up. All the polititions can offer is we need more money for doctors and nurses. How about asking why are we all so sick?

We are all old. With advanced age comes more illness. The population is aging. By 2037 1 in 12 people will be over 65.

I'm older every day.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Capt Pat

That actually seems low. In the republic 15.5% are over 65 that is about one in 6.5

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: Last Man on April 20, 2024, 01:12:29 PM

Try these authors.
Nina Teicholz
Gary Taubes
Dr Malcolm Kendrick
Dr Chris Knobe
Professor Tim Noakes

I'll save you all the bother. Sugar and ultra-processed foods.

Last Man

Yeah we are all going to die at some stage no dodging that but I do not agree that we have to accept the largely self inflicted chronic diseases so many are inflicted with. None of
this helped by the scientifically baseless health messaging we have been duped with for the last 50 years.