Hatton v Mayweather December 8th

Started by The Claw, November 30, 2007, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

Ricky was nearly  :'( at the end of tinterview there on sky.  :(
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

heganboy

i thought was a great fight. Hatton did bring out the best in mayweather like emanuel stewart said. Hatton just wouldn't move his head while moving in, even though his corner told him too every round. Interesting to see that all of the judges had mayweather ahead by 6/7 rounds, thought it was closer than that.

Some performance from the world's best boxer
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

full back

CiKe

Wow! What can you say? Devastating performance from Mayweather. He talked the talk and walked the walk - I said earlier in this thread that mentioning him in the same breath as Ali was not fanciful and he proved it tonight.

The referee interfered too much in the start but from about round three onwards I thought he was fine apart from the point deduction which there was no need for. That said (and Nicky Piper was the only one who pointed it out in the Sky studio) that we saw Cortez in the dressing rooms saying there would be point deductions with no warning.

Ian Darke and Jim Watt should really look at themselves as emotion got the better of sound judgement. How in the name of God they had Hatton down just a poiint after 6 rounds I don't know. They said HBO had him a point up which seems ridiculous as it means Hatton was given four of the first six rounds. I had Hatton probably winning round 2 and definitely round 5 where they lent on the ropes the whole time. After round 8 which I had as 10-8 Mayweather I thought it was 5-2 Mayweather and one drawn round so with the point decution and a two point round in 8, meant that Hatton needed a knock down to even draw the fight.

In general was really disappointed in Sky's coverage - for God's sake they said the British fans behaved impeccably! There were only a "few fans booing the anthem apparently.  Also the Sky studio analysts seemed to think Mayweather hadn't been in with "tough" opponents before. I mean he has beaten three of the toughest, meanest Mexican warriors of recent years. Also I can't believe they were so surprised Hatton couldn't hurt him - De La Hoya is so much bigger than Hatton and a bigger puncher to boot and he never had him hurt.

Great fight, amazing fighter. Hatton is excellent champion but Mayweather truly is an exceptional talent and an all time great. Bring on Cotto!

CiKe

Heganboy, did they give the judges socrecards? I didn't hear them but I was closer to their opinion of the fight than an emotionally charged Sky!

the milkman

Mayweather proved last night that he is in a different class to hatton, once again people let the british media fool them into believing the utter nonsense that the write!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Used one of them fecking internet links for the fight. Great for a while but sure it collapsed in round 6!

Reacted quickly to get Radio 5 live on the Virgin digital. Then couldn't work out when my internet didn't after that. I'd pulled the f**king plug out getting the radio now!

Cheats never prosper.............................
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on December 09, 2007, 11:22:33 AM
Why to feck did I do that?
I feel like dung. I'm away to get a cowl breeze about me.

station do u never sleep--i was too tired so went 2bed at 2 yet ur on here about 6am and now again at 11

does the bored pay u a-la GPA grants? GAA Board grants!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Square Ball

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 09, 2007, 03:15:46 AM
Hey Square Ball what are you doing up i thought you were going to go asleep and find out who won in the morning!!

I went to bed at about a quarter to two, diddnt logg off as usual, only up but from the reaction on here it was a great performance from Mayweather.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Muzz

Quote from: CiKe on December 09, 2007, 06:12:39 AM
Heganboy, did they give the judges socrecards? I didn't hear them but I was closer to their opinion of the fight than an emotionally charged Sky!

The judges' scores at the time of the stoppage were: 88-82, 89-81, 89-81.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: hardstation on December 09, 2007, 11:22:33 AM
Why to feck did I do that?
I feel like dung. I'm away to get a cowl breeze about me.

I know how you feel im wreaked too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

CiKe

I had it 88-82 as well and think they were fairly accurate. Six rounds to two for Mayweather with one drawn, one of which was 10-8 and then the points deduction.

The judges in the undercard fight between Ponce de Leon and Escobedo were a joke. I only from round five on but the challenger won at least three of those and ccording to the commentators the first couple, yet somehow he won only two wounds on one judge's card.

The lacy-manfredo fight was horrible to watch - Calzaghe seems to have well and truly destroyed Lacy's career, way beyond what one defeat would ordinarily do. Looked totally ponderous altogether.

Over the Bar

The K.O.

Mayweather is awesome.  Reminds me of Sugar Ray Robinson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe1rbp9aHnY

Square Ball

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 09, 2007, 12:31:26 PM
The K.O.

Mayweather is awesome.  Reminds me of Sugar Ray Robinson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe1rbp9aHnY

first time I have seen that punch, nailled him well
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TacadoirArdMhacha

Perfeck knockout. He might talk the talk a bit too much but when ya can walk the walk as well as he can there's no arguing
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead