Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2020, 10:40:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 05:02:31 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2020, 04:49:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 03:40:15 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 03:34:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 03:30:18 PM
I seen they are really understanding the Virus situation in Bettytown, bunged

Bettystown video I seen was just cars , I'd be more interested in seeing the actual people on the beach

You think they are just sitting in the car? Why are these places open?

How do you close a beach? I went for a walk on the beach this morning. It was very obvious that social distancing is being observed by 90% of people. I saw one group of teenage looking girls not observing it  but maybe they were sisters from same household, I don't know.

Seen images of a beach, had place tape across it, signs up and police are enforcing it by arresting charging and fining people. Simple enough I'd say

Dunno where you live Miltown but from Donegal to Cork there are 100s of beaches, absolutely impossible to police like that. Nothing simple about it.

Well if they are enforcing it in Italy which last time I looked is bigger that Donegal to Cork they seemed to have copped on how to do it, but sure keep them open. Newcastle Co Down flat out today.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Aaron Boone

A week of rain will keep people indoors. Recent sunshine hasn't helped the government's softly softly approach.

Itchy

Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2020, 10:53:20 PM
Look, closing beaches is like closing Cavehill or closing streets. When full lockdown comes, you won't be allowed there without good reason. That will be soon, I think. I mean, you can call for beaches to be closed but having Royal Ave or O'Connell St open at the same time, you're pissing into the wind.

Exactly. You need to close everything if you need to go to the next step.

bennydorano

Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 09:05:23 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 22, 2020, 08:38:00 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 22, 2020, 02:02:08 PM
The vast majority of people will be ill but will get better and return to work, food production will not stop. Bullshit sensationalism needs nipped in the bud. The media will 'Grand old Duke of York' this situation and then go totally the opposite direction after a while.

You aren't getting it.

We can't let the "vast majority" of people even get it to recover - as the numbers that don't recover unaided and need to go to hospital will drown the healthcare system.

Its a major problem.

Totally agree
Yis can totally agree all you want but you're wrong. Food production is of primary importance everywhere, all links in the chain are key workers it can't be left to break down or there will be total anarchy - that aint happening on any Government's watch.

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2020, 10:40:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 05:02:31 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2020, 04:49:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 03:40:15 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 03:34:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 03:30:18 PM
I seen they are really understanding the Virus situation in Bettytown, bunged

Bettystown video I seen was just cars , I'd be more interested in seeing the actual people on the beach

You think they are just sitting in the car? Why are these places open?

How do you close a beach? I went for a walk on the beach this morning. It was very obvious that social distancing is being observed by 90% of people. I saw one group of teenage looking girls not observing it  but maybe they were sisters from same household, I don't know.

Seen images of a beach, had place tape across it, signs up and police are enforcing it by arresting charging and fining people. Simple enough I'd say

Dunno where you live Miltown but from Donegal to Cork there are 100s of beaches, absolutely impossible to police like that. Nothing simple about it.

The beaches that are impossible to police will likely not get crowded.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 22, 2020, 09:45:31 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 22, 2020, 07:53:11 PM
Anyone finding contradiction in the advice , stay at home but against lockdown. I have to go work tomorrow cause site won't close , brickes tried to force their hand last week but were told by their union get back to work immediately. 200 men on site , packed drying rooms and canteens , majority on site absolute apes with only a few of us trying to social distance . Management couldn't give a hoot , talk they gave us they were basically mocking the whole thing .

Don't go to work. Stay at home. If your boss is laughing about it now, chances are he'll be dead in a month.

I work in manufacturing. 1k workers. Still open. Stressed

Milltown Row2

Look, closing beaches is like closing Cavehill or closing streets. When full lockdown comes, you won't be allowed there without good reason. That will be soon, I think. I mean, you can call for beaches to be closed but having Royal Ave or O'Connell St open at the same time, you're pissing into the wind.

Ok so people put up charts showing where we are now in comparison to Italy and if Italy had a Chance to go back to that point they would have locked down earlier. Itchy is waffling that you can't close the beaches, you can enforce it with fines, yes some clampits will continue to do it but let them be fined!

But yes we need a lockdown, essential travel only in my view
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gold

Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2020, 11:06:12 PM

Exactly. You need to close everything if you need to go to the next step.

Exactly is right. Nutts corner is open air and far less of a problem than tesco etc...i accept though if not essential people shouldnt be near it

I walked Lady Dixon Park today and whilst there were people there, all seemed to be walking in their wee family groups and keeping distance from everyone else

Presume the people who went for walks to beaches and mountains believed they were doing the right thing going outdoors and staying away from enclosed places. Difficulty is when you land at said spot and the places are thick with people with the same idea...no one going to shops, eateries, sports or coffee shops anymore so all inevitably land at beaches and parks. I dont know if the virus is likely to pass in such a way...clearly if you all go to an ice cream van or touch railings etc it might...but if you drive to a park and walk around it and stay well out of peoples way would it?? I genuinely dont know
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 22, 2020, 11:49:26 PM

Ok so people put up charts showing where we are now in comparison to Italy and if Italy had a Chance to go back to that point they would have locked down earlier. Itchy is waffling that you can't close the beaches, you can enforce it with fines, yes some clampits will continue to do it but let them be fined!

I agree re the lockdown. If we all literally cant leave the house for 2 weeks it has to flatten the curve...but how do we eat?
We need medics to travel, cops on the streets to arrest people breaking the curfew or murdering their wife. Then do we need a Judge to decide whether or not to jail or bail them...lawyers to represent them so they have a fair hearing, Prison officers to keep them in jail. Those officers dont live in the jail so they have to drive in and out. As do the medics in jail who give the lags their medication. Those prison officers and  medics need deisal for their cars...so people need to work in filling stations. Lorry drivers need to bring the fuel to the filling stations....sometimes travelling by boat...people need to sail the boat and other workers on it. People need to work at the Ports.

Etc etc. Point being there is alot of essential travel. TOTAL Lockdown is nigh on impossible

It is frightening
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

tiempo

Here bored of this already
Has any man got a number for Snake Plissken
Only man fit to sort this shite
ps throw ur coin into shares of the company enterprising the 3 seashells method, piece a piss

armaghniac

No, we do not need  a lockdown, we need the delinquent Stormont regime to start properly testing and tracing people. Lockdown those people.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ambrose

We need a complete lockdown, north and south. Some of the things I am seeing are totally unbelievable. If you had an ice cream van at Cranfield you'd be a millionaire. It's the same all over the country. This is not a public holiday. This is LIFE AND DEATH. Take your kids home and ground them. Your life depends on it.

Close the country down and throw anyone in jail who thinks they are above the law, a few weeks in Maghaberry or Mountjoy will soon sort a lot of people out.

Business will recover, the dead won't.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Eamonnca1

Quote from: armaghniac on March 23, 2020, 01:06:43 AM

No, we do not need  a lockdown, we need the delinquent Stormont regime to start properly testing and tracing people. Lockdown those people.

We bloody well do need a lockdown. I've finally convinced my brother to stop driving his taxi. I just hope I wasn't too late.

He tells me that people in Lurgan are still going about their business as normal, which is horrifying. I hear about groups of youths knocking about in the park and the usual drinking dens. Shut them down. Get the helicopter up and and enforce it. Idiots.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 22, 2020, 11:36:19 PM
On a related note - ladies & gentlemen, Alan Sugar...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/1241770029982593026

Very good. No TV channel logo on the screen though, so most likely a wind-up. Not the worst idea though...

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gold on March 23, 2020, 12:18:10 AM

I agree re the lockdown. If we all literally cant leave the house for 2 weeks it has to flatten the curve...but how do we eat?
We need medics to travel, cops on the streets to arrest people breaking the curfew or murdering their wife. Then do we need a Judge to decide whether or not to jail or bail them...lawyers to represent them so they have a fair hearing, Prison officers to keep them in jail. Those officers dont live in the jail so they have to drive in and out. As do the medics in jail who give the lags their medication. Those prison officers and  medics need deisal for their cars...so people need to work in filling stations. Lorry drivers need to bring the fuel to the filling stations....sometimes travelling by boat...people need to sail the boat and other workers on it. People need to work at the Ports.

Etc etc. Point being there is alot of essential travel. TOTAL Lockdown is nigh on impossible

It is frightening
No going out except for essential activities like getting medicines or groceries. Under our shelter-in-place order we're still allowed out to take a walk and exercise if we maintain distance from other people, but even that might be curtailed if we don't get the curve flattened.