TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Just finished series 1. I took a while to get into it but it is very good.

lurganblue

Normal People. Don't get the raving people have done about this show. Maybe it's more suited to women cos the wife thought it great. I kept thinking, why has the lad given up on the GAA as he was obviously decent.

Taylor

Episode 5 of Last Dance was good.

Suprised MJ approved parts of this episode - comes across as a right cnut - all about the benjamins with him - thats for sure

gallsman

There was a bit more scrutiny in those two episodes than I was expecting. Let's see how much they dig into the first retirement and the debate around it...

bennydorano

Finally got round to Band of brothers, something I'd been lining up for years but never seemed to get round to. 3 epidodes in.

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on May 04, 2020, 03:31:23 PM
Finally got round to Band of brothers, something I'd been lining up for years but never seemed to get round to. 3 epidodes in.

Only started to watch the wire a few weeks ago. On series 3 and loving it. I'd say there's some amount of good TV I've missed over the years.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Smokin Joe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 04, 2020, 03:39:15 PM

Only started to watch the wire a few weeks ago. On series 3 and loving it. I'd say there's some amount of good TV I've missed over the years.

How / where are you watching The Wire?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Taylor on May 04, 2020, 11:59:15 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 02, 2020, 11:35:42 AM
Is there anyone who's not watched the Sunderland documentary?

Me - any good?

If you've an interest in sport you'll really enjoy it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 04, 2020, 05:23:07 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 04, 2020, 11:59:15 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 02, 2020, 11:35:42 AM
Is there anyone who's not watched the Sunderland documentary?

Me - any good?

If you've an interest in sport you'll really enjoy it.

Anyone watching the Formula 1 drive to survive on Netflix? Very good. So good my wife actually enjoys watching it! 2 seasons.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 04, 2020, 05:17:15 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 04, 2020, 03:39:15 PM

How / where are you watching The Wire?
IPTV.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Taylor on May 04, 2020, 01:11:00 PM

Suprised MJ approved parts of this episode - comes across as a right cnut - all about the benjamins with him - thats for sure
He has a couple of billion reasons why he doesn't give a shite. Have yet to watch #5.

screenexile

Him gambling with security on who could throw a quarter closer to the wall was bizarre but understandable if you know much about him or listen to anyone talk about him and the competitiveness.

I think he does have a gambling problem but he has so much money that it's not really an issue. Just because you haven't lost everything doesn't mean you're not addicted to gambling!!!

Gold

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2020, 09:23:38 PM
Him gambling with security on who could throw a quarter closer to the wall was bizarre but understandable if you know much about him or listen to anyone talk about him and the competitiveness.

I think he does have a gambling problem but he has so much money that it's not really an issue. Just because you haven't lost everything doesn't mean you're not addicted to gambling!!!

That white haired Security Guard was like a Peter Kay spoof character!

Jerry Krause is disgusting...wanting to get rid of a winning coach and team to try and replace them and win again....all to show it was all about him and not the team...what a wee dick
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

gallsman

Krause is by no means likeable but that's a bit of a reductive and simplistic analysis of it. The GM's responsibility is to the organisation, not the players. Pippen's contact was coming to an end and he needed to get paid. Jordan was getting 30m a year, a salary that wasn't passed until 2017 (I think).

Keeping the team together and going was impossible and always going to be impossible. It was how he went about it that grates.

Taylor

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 04, 2020, 08:28:20 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 04, 2020, 01:11:00 PM

He has a couple of billion reasons why he doesn't give a shite. Have yet to watch #5.

Obviously he has riches beyond anyones wildest imagination but it doesnt mean he isnt coming across as an even bigger cnut that before (still one of the best players of all time)

Called out Pippen for not playing because of the issue over $$$ - he was sitting on a contract of over $35m at the same time Pippin was on a pittance
Reebok logo
Refused to back the Democrat because 'Republicans buy sneakers too' (said this was a joke)
Isiah Thomas incident
The Kukoc incident

Trying not to put any spoilers in - still cant believe he let some of the stuff go out without removing it.

A fantastic series so far