Sligo v Armagh 23/06/2018

Started by Stan Laurel, June 18, 2018, 08:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Not meaning to be disrespectful but I'm not expecting much from Sligo. There is nothing in the form book that indicates that they offer much.

It's a bloody track to get to and the throw in time in conjunction with the 5.00 throw in in Enniskillen and the travelling Down support. But that aside it's a good draw for us.

I agree that a hammering could be on the cards for us down the line but we need walk before we can run.

I don't think isolating the 2 big men at Full Forward is the best option for us and Rafferty's injury probably means we will have to do things a little differently

our_fella

Heading from Sth.Armagh, best to head via armagh/enniskillen/belcoo etc, or dundalk/blaney/lisnaskea/belcoo?

Syferus

Quote from: smelmoth on June 18, 2018, 09:20:51 PM
Not meaning to be disrespectful but I'm not expecting much from Sligo. There is nothing in the form book that indicates that they offer much.

It's a bloody track to get to and the throw in time in conjunction with the 5.00 throw in in Enniskillen and the travelling Down support. But that aside it's a good draw for us.

I agree that a hammering could be on the cards for us down the line but we need walk before we can run.

I don't think isolating the 2 big men at Full Forward is the best option for us and Rafferty's injury probably means we will have to do things a little differently

On what planet should a team at Armagh's level be overlooking Sligo at Marky Park? It's definitely not this one.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Syferus on June 19, 2018, 02:44:53 PM
On what planet should a team at Armagh's level be overlooking Sligo at Marky Park? It's definitey not this one.

Presumably one where Sligo's home pitch is not referred to as "Marky Park"

Syferus

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 19, 2018, 02:58:40 PM
On what planet should a team at Armagh's level be overlooking Sligo at Marky Park? It's definitey not this one.

You're not from Connacht are you, ladeen? :-X

DuffleKing

Mano

On what planet should a team at Armagh’s level be overlooking Sligo at Marky Park? It’s definitey not this one.

Its Markievicz Park not Marky Park. You don't have to be from Connacht to know that

armaghniac

Quote from: our_fella on June 19, 2018, 02:36:41 PM
Heading from Sth.Armagh, best to head via armagh/enniskillen/belcoo etc, or dundalk/blaney/lisnaskea/belcoo?

This southerly route might avoid Down people arriving in Enniskillen, which is probably busy enough on Saturday afternoon anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SLIGONIAN

General sense of apathy in Sligo at the minute. We are county with very few fanatics who live and breed Sligo football.

Most want Corey gone so a win comes with his tenure getting a boost. I still want us to win. This younger crop need more big game experience.

For both teams this could be the draw after - winners of Leitrim v Louth then play Laois to get to super 8s.  :o
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on June 19, 2018, 03:05:20 PM

You're not from Connacht are you, ladeen? :-X

Hydeho park looked well on Sunday. That's what everyone in connachy calls it

illdecide

Whats the craic with the Rosco bus these days...haven't heard it mentioned this long time
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

macdanger2

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on June 19, 2018, 08:29:44 PM
General sense of apathy in Sligo at the minute. We are county with very few fanatics who live and breed Sligo football.

Most want Corey gone s
o a win comes with his tenure getting a boost. I still want us to win. This younger crop need more big game experience.

For both teams this could be the draw after - winners of Leitrim v Louth then play Laois to get to super 8s.  :o

Is this not his first year in the job?

WT4E

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 19, 2018, 11:50:02 PM

Most want Corey gone s
o a win comes with his tenure getting a boost. I still want us to win. This younger crop need more big game experience.

Yeah seems harsh - what has he done wrong?

sligoman2

Quote from: WT4E on June 20, 2018, 09:26:10 AM

Most want Corey gone s

I for one don't want him gone but losing to Galway by 21 points won't help his cause, especially how easily we let them run at/through us.  Hopefully they have learned from that and tighten up the defense on Saturday...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Mano

Quote from: WT4E on June 20, 2018, 09:26:10 AM

Most want Corey gone s

4-21 to 1-12
Surviving division 3 by skin of teeth
Refusing to allow the under 20's in the squad play with their age group.
Refusing to communicate with under 20 management.
Revolving door of backroom team.

Time to get a local back in charge who cares about the future direction of Sligo football and not the short term.