Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmsmithy96

Great achievement for Kilcoo winning the 5 in a row and there's no reason why they can't upset the odds and win Ulster. Crossmaglen were nearly overturned in the Armagh quarter final at the weekend so anything is possible. Does anyone know how relegation from the SFC works or have relegation matches already been played?

supersub

Anyone know why Loughinisland Kingdom game postponed again last night?

Mike Tyson

Quote from: supersub on October 05, 2016, 12:44:06 PM
Anyone know why Loughinisland Kingdom game postponed again last night?

Lead to believe we wanted the game moved to a weekend as we were giving up home advantage & An Riocht were apparently getting to play Liatrom next weekend after the league deadline. CCC disagreed and gave An Riocht the points.

Samforever

Looks like it is down on web as conceded by Loughinisland but I find that bizarre

outinfront

2 years running Loughinisland have been in a predicament at the tail end of the season when promotion is in the mix.

downup

That's a very big call on Loughinisland's part. Surely this was agreed ages ago so why the last minute change. If they really wanted promotion then this should have been sorted and they should have played away. Poor decision from them IMO.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: downup on October 05, 2016, 04:59:45 PM
That's a very big call on Loughinisland's part. Surely this was agreed ages ago so why the last minute change. If they really wanted promotion then this should have been sorted and they should have played away. Poor decision from them IMO.

If An Riocht aren't being made to play all their league games before this weekend why should we? The county board knew Liatrom were in the minor final a few weeks ago so could have re-arranged the An Riocht v Liatrom match then.

Smurfy123

I'm with loughinisland with this one.Why should they have to play and An Rioct are given an extra week?Could liatrom not have played at 11 on Sunday morning?I would imagine Island will push this.All leagues meant to be finished on the same day
Call all the division 2 matches off until the following week

6th sam

Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 05, 2016, 05:51:10 PM
I'm with loughinisland with this one.Why should they have to play and An Rioct are given an extra week?Could liatrom not have played at 11 on Sunday morning?I would imagine Island will push this.All leagues meant to be finished on the same day

I'm going to play devils advocate on this one. I would imagine that several of liatroim's minors are on their clubs senior squad, they were also in the minor hurling final and are in ulster Jhc, so this is an unusual scenario. Loughinisland had a few outstanding games throughout the year , and every opportunity should be taken by clubs to get these games played before the loss of light from September onwards restricts playing of home games to a Saturday or Sunday (if a club doesn't have lights) .
I remember a number of years ago in our own club where we had 2 outstanding games and we had to play games at 6pm on a Friday and 11am on a Sunday to meet the deadline date.
I don't know loughinislands circumstances around the outstanding games, but I think if they had any opportunity to play their outstanding games before now, they probably should have taken it, rather than risking conceding the game. Liatroim as a dual club , & with an unusually heavy schedule this past few weeks, probably earned some leeway from the county board, particularly with reference to the load being placed on their minor players due to their recent success.
An Riocht have inadvertently benefitted from an unusual situation. Postponing a whole round of fixtures for a further week would also be unfair as players from all clubs could have made holiday/other arrangements , on the basis of the acfl finishing on October 8th. Frustrating for Loughinisland I know, but I think there's few other options

supersub

Agree with everything above. This game was originally postponed in May, ridiculous that it is still not played by now.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: 6th sam on October 05, 2016, 06:37:10 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on October 05, 2016, 05:51:10 PM

I'm going to play devils advocate on this one. I would imagine that several of liatroim's minors are on their clubs senior squad, they were also in the minor hurling final and are in ulster Jhc, so this is an unusual scenario. Loughinisland had a few outstanding games throughout the year , and every opportunity should be taken by clubs to get these games played before the loss of light from September onwards restricts playing of home games to a Saturday or Sunday (if a club doesn't have lights) .
I remember a number of years ago in our own club where we had 2 outstanding games and we had to play games at 6pm on a Friday and 11am on a Sunday to meet the deadline date.
I don't know loughinislands circumstances around the outstanding games, but I think if they had any opportunity to play their outstanding games before now, they probably should have taken it, rather than risking conceding the game. Liatroim as a dual club , & with an unusually heavy schedule this past few weeks, probably earned some leeway from the county board, particularly with reference to the load being placed on their minor players due to their recent success.
An Riocht have inadvertently benefitted from an unusual situation. Postponing a whole round of fixtures for a further week would also be unfair as players from all clubs could have made holiday/other arrangements , on the basis of the acfl finishing on October 8th. Frustrating for Loughinisland I know, but I think there's few other options

An Riochts run to the intermediate final caused further problems trying to reschedule it as it obviously couldn't be played when we were free on Championship weekends. We also had several other outstanding games to be fitted in.

extra time

This game had been fixed for last Tuesday for quite a while. Fixed by Loughinisland and agreed by An Riocht.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: extra time on October 05, 2016, 08:14:47 PM
This game had been fixed for last Tuesday for quite a while. Fixed by Loughinisland and agreed by An Riocht.

It had indeed. This was due to the fact that all league games were meant to be tied up by this weekend. However given that An Riocht Liatrom is being played after this point, why can we not reschedule this to after this weekend and have a home game?

SHEEDY

have to agree with loughinisland's position on this one, if an riocht can play liatroim after the deadline, why can loughinisland not play after it? in such an important match for both teams why should loughinisland give up home advantage. an riocht getting promoted in this way is a bit of a joke. imo leagues should be over well before now, most teams couldnt care less at this stage.
nil satis nisi optimum

super reds 99

An riocht are not playing after the dead line they play leitrim tomara nite in an riocht under lights