Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 11, 2018, 08:10:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 08:05:46 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 11, 2018, 07:35:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 07:01:35 PM
I'm so glad the Liverpool lads are back, good luck lads, I really think you'll win the league
We all hope you never leave. You have made my evening  ;D

I'm glad something made your evening, your expectations are pretty poor, so I'm glad that Liverpool's continually record of poor attempts of winning league titles is the same!
😂 for a man who doesn't care, I've never seen someone as easy to wind up.

I missed your comments and reactions during last weeks results, embarrassing as it is but keep it up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 08:18:20 PM
I'm so glad the Liverpool lads are back, good luck lads, I really think you'll win the league

I'm glad something made your evening, your expectations are pretty poor, so I'm glad that Liverpool's continually record of poor attempts of winning league titles is the same!

I missed your comments and reactions during last weeks results, embarrassing as it is but keep it up

You didn't.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

yellowcard

The Juventus result has kept Mourinho in the job until at least February and probably until the end of the season. However it has masked over a lot of problems because 10 minutes of chaos should not cover for the 170 minutes that preceded it where they could quite conceivably have conceded 6 or 7 whilst creating little or nothing. In short they got lucky and Mourinhos tactics were similar today only that it never came off this time. Sit off and allow the opposition to dominate and hope for a defensive mistake or a set piece to score a goal at the other end.

We all knew the football was not going to be great to watch but the end was supposed to justify the means when the decision was made to hire Mourinho. I couldn't help but think what might have been if we had hired the man in the opposition dug out instead of Jose, where we might be now.

screenexile

Imagine Fellani coming on fresh for the last 25 minutes at 2-1!!!

BennyCake

Why are they raving about city's 44 passes? Sure they went nowhere for 40 of them. Soccer pundits are easily pleased.

Sure any two central defenders could pass it to themselves 40 times then hoof it to a big fella who heads it in.

thewobbler

Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2018, 12:17:06 AM
Why are they raving about city's 44 passes? Sure they went nowhere for 40 of them. Soccer pundits are easily pleased.

Sure any two central defenders could pass it to themselves 40 times then hoof it to a big fella who heads it in.

The fact that 40+ passes before a goal happens so rarely is the reason to highlight it when it happens. A dozen players every week try an overhead kick. But when someone connects, it's worth acknowledging.

screenexile

And United fans wonder why nobody likes them??

You know it was a brilliant goal why can't you just acknowledge it?

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2018, 12:36:40 AM

It's not because it's city. The last ball in was good, good control and finish. That's it. The rest of the 40 odd passes were irrelevant.

gawa316

Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2018, 12:46:20 AM

It's not because it's city. The last ball in was good, good control and finish. That's it. The rest of the 40 odd passes were irrelevant.

Just like all those world class saves De Gea makes I guess

gawa316

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 11, 2018, 08:26:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2018, 08:18:20 PM

You didn't.

Ha ha...cub couldn't even be arsed to look back 2 pages!

BennyCake

Quote from: gawa316 on November 12, 2018, 01:10:13 AM

Just like all those world class saves De Gea makes I guess

What's your point gawa?

Maroon Manc

Didn't expect a lot from yesterday and didn't get it. Pogba frustrates the hell out of me but if if he's ever needed for one game its against City where his ability on the ball is desperately needed. United tactcailly got a lot right for the majoirty of the game but individiaully too many players were crap. City had a lot of possession but De Gea did't have too much to do. All 3 goals were poor to concede but Agueor is the only player you'd want in that situation as he's best player in the world from that positon given the way he strikes the ball. Shaw fell asleep for the first goal but there was still enough players in the United box to react and they didn't. The 3rd goal is the worst of the lot, Matic just fell asleep just 2 seconds after Lindelof reminding him. Young too is making far too many mistakes.

Every single time City broke in the first half it was because of Herrera giving the ball away; The pair of them seen a fair bit of the ball and although there not exactly the most technically gifted players around they should be good enough to show some composure and work the ball out.

Gary Neville spoke a lot of sense after the game with regards to the players, I do think United should have more points though as we under performed at the beginning of the season but in the last 5 weeks I've seen enough to be hopeful going forward. Matic & Sanchez have been 2 of the best players in their positions in the league since they arrived but both have turned up and been major let downs.

screenexile

I thought United fans were supposed to know about football!!

As Pep said... the passes are to pull your opponent out of position... I'd say they did that fairly well!!

Farrandeelin

'Individually too many players are crap'. Utd in a nutshell.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 12, 2018, 10:32:38 AM
'Individually too many players are crap'. Utd in a nutshell.

Not too far from the truth!!

Meant to add Lukaku to that list of Matic & Sanchez. I thought all 3 were great signings at the time.

United have needed a major clearout since Mourinho arrived and its never happened, might happen this summer as Mata, Herrera, Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Young & Valencia are all out of contract.