Come on you Boys in Blue .....

Started by The Hill is Blue, May 25, 2019, 11:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

For the fourth successive year Dublin will tonight kick off their summer campaign as All Ireland Champions. That's a phenomenal achievement. And no matter how this summer might end this Dublin team will be remembered as one of the greatest ever. They have given Dublin GAA supporters many proud moments and the fruits of their achievements can be seen every weekend across the city when many hundreds of young boys and girls tog out in club grounds across the county.

Good luck tonight lads.

Come on you Boys in Blue
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

priceyreilly

A picture of the Dublin squad taken from training:

They're looking strong again this year.

BennyCake

I can't see them. All that moneys in the way.

tonto1888

Dublin play in the championship and priceywicey comes along to remind everyone that Dublin's success isn't down to good players and a good manager but money and money alone

Farrandeelin

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 25, 2019, 01:07:10 PM
Dublin play in the championship and priceywicey comes along to remind everyone that Dublin's success isn't down to good players and a good manager but money and money alone

Well it does help.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on May 25, 2019, 11:23:01 AM
For the fourth successive year Dublin will tonight kick off their summer campaign as All Ireland Champions. That's a phenomenal achievement. And no matter how this summer might end this Dublin team will be remembered as one of the greatest ever. They have given Dublin GAA supporters many proud moments and the fruits of their achievements can be seen every weekend across the city when many hundreds of young boys and girls tog out in club grounds across the county.

Good luck tonight lads.

Come on you Boys in Blue

Good luck today Hill and good luck in trying to make history this year. Hopefully we might scramble out of Connacht for another scrap with ye in the super 8's at least!!

Tubberman

Good luck tonight lads.

Come on you Boys in Blue

You'd thik they'd get a bit of support in that case, rather than being one of 4 teams who's supporters can't fill Portlaoise between them.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Tubberman on May 25, 2019, 03:23:33 PM

Good luck tonight lads.

Come on you Boys in Blue

You'd thik they'd get a bit of support in that case, rather than being one of 4 teams who's supporters can't fill Portlaoise between them.
in fairness, Celtic are in action today
Plus, it's way past the M50

The Hill is Blue

Well done lads — but there'll be tougher days ahead.  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Looking forward to seeing this one in a generation group of players winning their 14th Leinster in 15 years and doing the 5 in a row of Sams!

They are some one in a generation group!

Armagh18

On the game Dub's- do yous reckon Costello has done enough to start when yous meet the big boys? What will that mean for Rock?

Hound

>:(
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 26, 2019, 08:36:02 AM
On the game Dub's- do yous reckon Costello has done enough to start when yous meet the big boys? What will that mean for Rock?
Makes for an interesting selection headache. Rock's never let us down, so would be harsh on him, but Gavin tends to give weight to whoever is in possession of the jersey

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 26, 2019, 08:36:02 AM

Two years ago in the final against Mayo Dean Rock showed nerves of steel in nailing that late free (despite the best efforts of Lee Keegan). But in a previous final Costello come on very late and killed off Mayo with three points from play. So it could be a very difficult choice.

thejuice

I'd have Costello ahead of Rock. Just seems to offer more from play than Rock. I don't think there that much between them as free takers. Rock looked off the pace and subdued in the league games that Dublin lost so a bit of competition for him is no harm at all. That said Dublin can easily carry someone who isn't delivering from play.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

SCFC

Am I missing something? Is there some reason both Costello and Rock can't start?