Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitegoodman

champion1981

whitegoodman you allowed out for the day?

JimmyFloydMay123

Surprisingly not much talk on the MFC this year

champion1981

jimmyfloyd shoud be a good game,fancy burren to win this 1, ballyholland have a good squad for all that, just think burren will get over the line

JimmyFloydMay123

Champion I've heard mixed opinions on who people think will win. What I've heard a few times is the strength of the Ballyholland squad as you said. Both teams have strong benches and have players who can change games. Interesting game

urbangael

Burren surely won't have a better opportunity on Sunday. Kilcoo clearly not at their best, some key men injured and I think lacking a bit of pace and mobility in defence and midfield. If it's open football burren could win but Kilcoo will fancy their chances in a war of attrition. As a neutral I'm genuinely looking forward to a fair hard hitting game and hopefully the officials won't be the talking point. Don't rule out a replay  😉

befair

Warrenpoint's discipline let them down again today; an unnecessary red card + some slobbering at the ref gifted the game to Castlewellan. Still tight at the bottom for the last relegation play-off place; Castlewellan, Downpatrick or Ballyholland. I'm told Rostrevor are safe (on points scored or head-to-heads).

downjim

NCP shit themselves again lol looking forward to a few pints in the Point tonight

snoopdog

Quote from: befair on October 13, 2018, 05:17:58 PM
Warrenpoint's discipline let them down again today; an unnecessary red card + some slobbering at the ref gifted the game to Castlewellan. Still tight at the bottom for the last relegation play-off place; Castlewellan, Downpatrick or Ballyholland. I'm told Rostrevor are safe (on points scored or head-to-heads).
Downpatrick and Ballyholland should be relegated automatically after last weeks disgraceful scenes. Time to stamp this moronic behaviour by hitting clubs hard. If the clubs dont feel the pain either in the pocket or in status then it will continue.

thebar

So the big final tomorrow...who will win...can Kilcoo make history and be the first to do 7 in a row or will Burren beat them...Kilcoo are as weak as they have been since there domination began with at least half a dozen fellas who would be starting out injured..the one thing they do have in an unbelievable will to win which will be hard to overcome. Burren on the other hand remind me of Mayo. If there is one team I never want to see in a final its Mayo because sure as hell they never win due to combination of factors (no bottle / lack of leaders / no stomach for the fight) and Burren to date have been the same and I suspect the same tomorrow.  On the other hand they are playing a Kilcoo team with at least half a reserve side out in place of there injured seniors....surely they wont fear this outfit no more and stand up. Somehow I doubt it.

Insane Bolt

umpire

Burren 2.12 v 2.9 Kilcoo
Well done Burren

Smurfy123

Going to get it out of the road
Well done Burren on a great win commiserations to Kilcoo
With the youth system Burren will be about for a long long time

naka

Have to say down minor final very enjoyable
Burden keeper was excellent but Mc govern and grant for Ballyholland were sensational hopefully they continue to develop.

Targetman

Not often I say this but 2 good games in Newry today, the best teams won both games so congrats to Ballyholland and Burren, as Naka said Grant and Mc Govern were match winners for Harps, in the senior final the class of Donal O Hare was the difference, Kilcoo will lick their wounds and come again next year!!