2024 Provincial Football Championships draw.

Started by Blowitupref, October 20, 2023, 04:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

The draws for the 2024 Provincial Football Championships will be made tomorrow afternoon.

Saturday Sport will commence at 2.45pm on RTE Radio 1 with the draws expected to take place at approximately 3.15pm according to Gaa.ie.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 20, 2023, 04:33:45 PMThe draws for the 2024 Provincial Football Championships will be made tomorrow afternoon.

Saturday Sport will commence at 2.45pm on RTE Radio 1 with the draws expected to take place at approximately 3.15pm according to Gaa.ie.

Why draw these 8 months before the games? Even drawing them around the start of League would make better sense and attract more attention.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Quote from: armaghniac on October 20, 2023, 08:03:38 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on October 20, 2023, 04:33:45 PMThe draws for the 2024 Provincial Football Championships will be made tomorrow afternoon.

Why draw these 8 months before the games? Even drawing them around the start of League would make better sense and attract more attention.

Tradition, nothing else I can think of. Only fixture dates that needs to be known in advance is the trips to New York,London with the logistics involved. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

NormPeterson

It is 6 months before the games, It started in April last year. I would like to see Derry draw Antrim for the first time in 17 years.

Blowitupref

Ulster Draw the first one up.

Prem round
Monaghan v Cavan

Quarter finals
Tyrone v Monaghan/Cavan
Down v Antrim
Fermanagh v Armagh
Derry v Donegal

Last tie very interesting with the managers in charge now.

Semi finals

Down/Antrim v Fermanagh/Armagh
Derry/Donegal v  Cavan/Monaghan/Tyrone

Armagh will be favourites to reach another Ulster final.

RedHand88

The 4 worst teams in Ulster are in 1 side of the draw.

Blowitupref

Munster draw

Quarter finals
Tipperary v Waterford
Limerick v Cork

Semi finals
Clare v Waterford/Tipp
Kerry v Limerick/Cork

A repeat of this years Kerry v Clare final looks likely.

tonto1888

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 21, 2023, 03:31:10 PMThe 4 worst teams in Ulster are in 1 side of the draw.

Bit harsh on Tyrone and Monaghan that

Blowitupref

Leinster draw

Round 1
Westmeath v Wicklow
Carlow v Wexford
Longford v Meath

Quarter finals
Kildare v Westmeath/Wicklow
Louth v Carlow/Wexford
Dublin v Longford/Meath
Offaly v Laois

Semi finals
Kildare/Westmeath/Wicklow v Louth/Carlow/Wexford
Dublin/Longford/Meath v Offaly/Laois

Armagh18

Ulster final bare minimum for us looking at that.

Blowitupref

Connacht draw

Quarter finals
Sligo v Leitrim
New York v Mayo
London v Galway

Semi finals

Roscommon v New York/Mayo
Sligo/Leitrim v London/Galway

bennydorano

Very lopsided draw in Ulster, Derry will have their work cut out to get 3 in a row - and a discussion to be had there is it worth the effort? 3 very Hi intensity games while Kerry & Dubs freewheel to the group stages. A good draw for Armagh (tho nobody will fear us), another UF would be the expectation, winning Ulster probably the height of our capabilities for a team & management team in it's twilight days.

J70

Mario

Quote from: bennydorano on October 21, 2023, 04:48:45 PMVery lopsided draw in Ulster, Derry will have their work cut out to get 3 in a row - and a discussion to be had there is it worth the effort? 3 very Hi intensity games while Kerry & Dubs freewheel to the group stages. A good draw for Armagh (tho nobody will fear us), another UF would be the expectation, winning Ulster probably the height of our capabilities for a team & management team in it's twilight days.
I do wonder that myself. I think everyone wants to win Ulster but the reality is we have a small squad so if we lose to Donegal or Monaghan/Tyrone at least there will be some consolation in a good break before the group stages. Though I'm sure Mickey Harte will be going all out for a good start.

tyroneman

Armagh really do have some luck with the Ulster draws in recent years