All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Wattys finished stronger.Experience counts. Brigids will be back.  They will dominate Connacht for a while. The Rossies are on the rise.

There was no sign of Bronagh. All the neighbours she name checked Dougan, McCarville,Glass. A real community rooted in excellence.

I wouldn't mind a trip up to Maghera.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Substandard

Can't grudge that to Glen, but a sore one to let slip from a Ros perspective.  Thought beforehand that Glen would overpower Brigids from the start and squeeze the life out of the game a long way out, so fair play Brigids for going at it from the start.
Glass is class, always in the right place at the right time either attacking or defending, definitely the game breaker today.
Fair play to the Derrymen, as they said themselves,  some journey.  Hopefully another time for Brigids, but Pearses, Boyle and possibly one or two more won't make Roscommon easy for them this year.

tyroneman

Total smash and grab by Glen. St B will be  feeling so, so hard done by. Keeper caught way out of position and couldn't set himself to dive at the shot.

Think they will find it hard enough to get back next year.

Wonder when last time Ukster teams held Senior-Int-Jnr AI club football titles at same time?

yellowcard

Quote from: Substandard on January 21, 2024, 05:31:36 PMCan't grudge that to Glen, but a sore one to let slip from a Ros perspective.  Thought beforehand that Glen would overpower Brigids from the start and squeeze the life out of the game a long way out, so fair play Brigids for going at it from the start.
Glass is class, always in the right place at the right time either attacking or defending, definitely the game breaker today.
Fair play to the Derrymen, as they said themselves,  some journey.  Hopefully another time for Brigids, but Pearses, Boyle and possibly one or two more won't make Roscommon easy for them this year.

I don't think that is by accident, his positional play is unbelievable and he is a very intelligent footballer. Outside of Clifford he is the player I would most want to have on my team. Glen were way below par today but he was one of their few players that played with calm assurance throughout aside from the goal.

weareros

Congrats to Watty Grahams, An Gleann. Their name was on the Andy Merrigan cup and few would begrudge them. Up until the 58th minute, you would not have thought so and the Kiltoom lads will have nightmares, as we all will in Ros, playing that free over and over in our heads. Credit to Glass. He fairly pulled the trigger when he saw the chance. Brigids really done the county proud, playing some lovely football along the way and clubs like Boyle will know they are not too far off either. Hopefully a few of those lads will now go on to have a good year with Ros.

Brendan

Quote from: tyroneman on January 21, 2024, 05:40:34 PMTotal smash and grab by Glen. St B will be  feeling so, so hard done by. Keeper caught way out of position and couldn't set himself to dive at the shot.

Think they will find it hard enough to get back next year.

Wonder when last time Ukster teams held Senior-Int-Jnr AI club football titles at same time?

A first according to Ulster GAA

DuffleKing

That free kick will haunt the St Brigid's number 12

Captain Obvious

Well done Glen and fine achievement for three Ulster teams to win the three All-Ireland club titles on offer.

Brigids left with a might have been. A decent goalkeeper away from winning that All-Ireland, let me guess he's an outfield player that was put in goal because of no other options for that position?

Glen 11 wides in total for such experienced team and one that played in last years final it was a surprise that their shot selection and decision making was poor.

tbrick18

It might have been a mistake that led to the Glen goal, but Glen made a litany of mistakes throughout the game.
St. Br should have been out of sight so I think its unfair to blame the loss on that one mistake.

How many of that side would be county players?
Roscommon could be seriously strong this season.

I'd expect a few of the Glen lads to get drafted in. Douggan,  glass, ethan doherty, emmet Bradley, mcfaul maybe Jack doherty and danny tallon.
Brilliant for the watties, brilliant for derry.

imtommygunn

Glen's fitness a massive thing too and I noticed someone say it on twitter - pushing the keeper up on kick outs had a big impact as did the pressing they were doing. You have to feel for at brigid's but glen finished very strong and may have done so whether they scored goal or not. The fitness levels of mcguckian, Doherty and glass are off the charts.

Dougan did well though he did get away with one when he more or less shoved o'carroll over and then won a free out. Still think warnock deserves credit for having basically a stinker on o'Carroll then becoming very influential when moved.

Armagh18

Ah lads what a game of football. St Brigids by a mile the better team all day but hats off to Glen the experience shone through.

Conor Glass probably the best player in the country at the minute, what a performance. Commiserations to the Rossies, would love to see them back at this stage next year again and go one better.

2 excellent teams.

Gael85

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 21, 2024, 06:32:26 PMWell done Glen and fine achievement for three Ulster teams to win the three All-Ireland club titles on offer.

Brigids left with a might have been. A decent goalkeeper away from winning that All-Ireland, let me guess he's an outfield player that was put in goal because of no other options for that position?

Glen 11 wides in total for such experienced team and one that played in last years final it was a surprise that their shot selection and decision making was poor.

The goalie didn't look like a natural but his kickouts were decent. Mark Gibbons a former Dublin minor goalie has transferred into Brigids. He might be in goal next year.

tintin25

Quote from: Gael85 on January 21, 2024, 06:53:31 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 21, 2024, 06:32:26 PMWell done Glen and fine achievement for three Ulster teams to win the three All-Ireland club titles on offer.

The goalie didn't look like a natural but his kickouts were decent. Mark Gibbons a former Dublin minor goalie has transferred into Brigids. He might be in goal next year.

Kickouts may have been decent but ultimately poor goalkeeping has cost St Brigid's.  A competent keeper should be saving that.

Milltown Row2

The ball was past him and three other defenders.

Games are won over 60+ minutes

Mistakes happened throughout the game.

Hanging the keeper before looking at the other 14 players decisions/shots tackles and frees over the course of the game is where you should look at

If Brid's were the better team they'd have seen out a 4 point advantage on 58 minutes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Exactly - they missed a great goal chance too. It's the sum of them.